If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT Alex assigns IJMBers weapon fighting styles.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    I'd like a weapon! :D

inb4something like a slingshot
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Do me next! I've had some sport fencing experience and briefly studied staff fighting.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    They're in order of request (Cygan is sort of a regular swordy person so I decided to go ahead on that mark).
  • Do me!  I want to be done! :D

• -Gets in queue-
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I wonder what I get.
    I suddenly regret saying that I used to fence...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...drugs?  ...weapons?  ...high-grade plutonium?  ...high-grade structured credit enhanced leverage funds?
  • edited 2011-10-16 15:31:40
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Hey Alex, no weapon for the crazy vampire? Hit me up with something to spill that delicious blood!
  • edited 2011-10-16 14:36:11
    Behold my signature weapon

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Perfect against zombie nurses!
  • You can change. You can.
    And now I've comfiremed my theory that Ninjaclow is Moe the Bartender.
    @Counterclock

I am so glad you posted in this thread, because now I get to post this:

This is the longsword. It can solve any problem it can reach out and touch. Medieval swordmasters took this as their weapon of choice, and it's easy to understand why. Sure, it looks like a sword. You can certainly use it like a sword. The longsword is surreptitious, though; it hides it true nature, only to burst in amazing displays of superiority at the last second. Because it's not just a sword. This, in half-sword, is also a short spear. It can be reversed and wielded at the blade with both hands, which can make it a short staff or warhammer depending on where the blade is held. What does this mean? Leather armour? Cut through like a joke. Chainmail? Please. Full plate armour? This sword even has a solution to that via pommel and crossguard strikes.

When you without recourse and in much haste must vanquish every foe in your vicinity, accept no mimicry.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -lines up-
  • You can change. You can.
    lol Anduril.
    @Vivi

The shamshir is both ridiculous in design and in its capacity for violence. It's kinda lengthy for a one-hander, but also means one hand free with a massive sword. Want to not die? Use this with a shield and you're sweet, 'cause no-one without a polearm will outdistance you, and you'll be behind a shield. Better yet, use it from horseback, 'cause you'll almost reach the ground anyway. Do you know how difficult it is to stop a mounted charge from one of these things? I don't and I really don't want to. Keep in mind that the shamshir's curved blade makes it brilliant when your technique relaxes just after the strike and continues to draw across, cutting deep without risking the blade against too much bone. Its length and curvature also means it'll bleed everyone, forever, a lot.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you want to spill shitloads of blood, literally, there's not much better you can do.
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    Your Princess is being assailed!

She requires a weapon that it elegant, intimidating, easy to hide in one's clothes, easy to carry, and effective against foes who are stronger and more skilled than I am.
    The princess shall have to wait her turn.

I also believe the princess has to get back to her studies.
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    The princess does indeed! :O
  • probably human
    I request a fighting style, Ser!
  • Counterclock with a bigass sword?

--shudders--

I'm going to go hide now.
  • I would like one as well.
  • Nice. If it's not too late to jump in, I'll request a weapon too.
  • a little muffled
    Do me, Alex. I command it.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Bandwagon hopping time. What shall I wield?
  • No rainbow star
    Still can't wait to see mine :D
    I think Alex got scared off by all the requests...
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    :(
    Naw, I just went to sleep. I'll hop back to it in a bit.
  • -looks at time-

You weren't kidding about your sleep schedule being messed up.