If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT Alex assigns IJMBers weapon fighting styles.

12346»

Comments

• edited 2011-10-26 06:45:29
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    @Chagen

Alright, so the quarterstaff isn't complex. Most are made of wood. They're not flashy weapons, nor particularly noble. What they are is simple, which means that just about any technique from any weapon fighting style can apply to them. Some quarterstaves have been known to deal blunt damage through plate armour given good technique and strength, but even without taking that into account, the weapon has an answer to anything. The linearity of the quarterstaff's shape means it can be manipulated like no other weapon; you can transition from a sword technique to a spear technique in an instant, and then use it as a lever to support a grapple. George Silver, English fencing master of the 17th century, considered quarterstaves amongst the best individual combat weapons ever devised. And that guy taught people to kill other people for a living.

So here's to the humble quarterstaff and appreciable cleavage.
  • HOLY FUCK YES

I love quarterstaffs!
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
  • edited 2011-11-21 17:52:28
    You can change. You can.
    Man, I'm still the only one who guest correctly what weapon would Alex give me.

--brandishes rapier proudly--
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    "Guessed". :>
  • You can change. You can.
    now, i have no idea what you might be on about.
  • I want one too. I always love brutal weapons, but ones that are quick, effecient and can be used at long range would be nice.
  • I don't think I got a weapon yet.
  • Read your last post carefully bro.
    --blinks--

still don't see it
  • Let me bold it for you.

Man, I'm still the only one who guest correctly what weapon would Alex give me.

Now do you get it.
  • I think he's trolling you guys.
    pst, Gelzo, don't explai--

erm, i mean, oh :O
  • Ohhhhh now I get it!

you were pretending not to see it

asdfghjkl

OTL

I'll just be in the corner now.

• No rainbow star
    I don't think I've ever figured out what OTL means
  • Now I get it. I blame being tired and that I'm more focused on following and enjoying some Minecraft drama. 
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Oh, you saw that too?

YOGSCAST VS NOTCH - WHO WILL WIN!?
  • Oh yeah I saw it. I'm waiting on Yogscast to tell their side of the story before making a judgement.  

Now to pester Alex about doing more weapon assignments. 
  • I thought orz was the standard "bow in shame" emoticon.
  • ohai thread

yes I necro

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Oh, hey. I don't think I ever actually got a fighting style.

I half-assed a few on BtL, but I think I'll revise them and start where I finished here. 

It's kind of insane that the last one of these that I completed was when Chagen was still around. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Hey Alex, if you knew what I looked like would you have still assigned me a Zweihander?

• Awright, give me a style.

^^ Given your height, probably not -- a sword that's taller than yourself is usually bad news. On the other hand, Scotsmen of the medieval period that were about your height wielded claymores, so a greatsword-style weapon isn't out of the equation. Ultimately, I'd stick with the zweihander design, but resize it to fit your needs. After all, the zweihander is more than a huge sword; it has very specific design elements that make it what it is.