If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My Little Pony: Friendship Just Bugs Me

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Oh yeah it is saturday.
    *yays*
  • Luna felt a bit too much like Trixie in demeanor, but I'm sure that's just preconceptions being tainted by fanon.

• edited 2011-10-22 21:21:36
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Watching the new episode now.

Luna's kind of an asshole.  :O
  • edited 2011-10-22 23:44:58
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Just finished the episode.  I liked it a lot.  Luckily, I didn't really have any preconceived notions about what I expected Luna to be like, since I've only really just started getting into the fandom beyond the show, and I liked her characterization.

Lots of Derpy this episode.  I approve.

I expect pony videos with Luna doing the Galadriel "ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR" and the Spongebob F-U-N song before the day is out.

AND THE SHIPPERS REJOICED

EDIT:

Called it
  • I can never remember which Early Modern English forms of pronouns are correct. I have a feeling that they were doing it wrong, but I can't be sure I remember correctly. Not that it really matters so much. I understand that it could be easily handwaved as something that developed differently from our English.

Anyway, I thought it was weird that there was even a book on obscure unicorn history. I had assumed that ponies didn't have a thorough written history seeing as how major historical events just over 1000 years ago were unknown as anything other than legends, even to Celestia's pupil. That there is history that can be considered obscure makes me think modern Equestria may be relatively young. Compare all this to human history, where people in the educated classes living in the middle ages- which were much less technologically advanced- had access to works by ancient Greek philosophers and historians. Could it be that ponies developed a writing system very late? Maybe Discord is to blame for holding back pony society.

/overthinking
  • >I can never remember which Early Modern English forms of pronouns are correct. I have a feeling that they were doing it wrong, but I can't be sure I remember correctly. Not that it really matters so much. I understand that it could be easily handwaved as something that developed differently from our English.

I just think it's cool that they put forward the effort.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ If I end up watching the episode again, I'll have to keep an ear out for that, and try to figure it out.

I did like how Luna was using the Royal "we" and the big voice, though.

Anyway, I liked Luna. I hope she turns out to be a recurring character. Not as often as the Mane Six, but more than just a one off thing like Trixie.
  • edited 2011-10-23 18:47:06
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^^
    Well their need for tech might not have been as high what with magic and the ability to control weather etc.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Yeah. And writing probably wasn't a simple thing to develop, when you don't have hands and only a third of the population can really use a pen/brush/whatever easily.
  • Need for tech might be lower, sure, but writing is something that's very useful in spite of whatever other advantages they have. Heck, much of the main character's identity depends on the existence of writing. 

I really don't think the difficulty of writing for non-unicorns is something that would have hampered its invention by that much. Unicorn academics, at least in the present day, are seen to congregate. Not everyone is a surgeon, but I'm sure there are innovations in the field all the time. And human literacy has historically been very low compared to present standards, to the point where the ability to write at all sometimes made you a professional.

On the other hand, some cultures have never developed writing. I guess we can't say for sure that it's unlikely that writing was developed so late for an intelligent species.
    Also, a thousand years ago is long enough for stuff to become legend, I think. King Arthur, for example, was a real dude in the 900s, I think, and he'd pretty much a legend these days.

It gets a bit complicated with Celestia being, you know, alive that whole time, but it's probably not something she'd talk about too often, and most ponies would only know it through stories.

Even if there is a written record of those thousand years, there's probably stuff that happened that is much less widely known and recorded, that could fit into the obscure unicorn book. Maybe it's not obscure in the sense that it's thousands of years old, but obscure in that only (unicorn?) scholars really care or know about it.

oh my god why did I think about this so much

Also, I think I'm being pulled deeper and deeper into the herd, and I am afraid of what I am becoming.

Today... Today I started getting the urge to write pony fanfiction.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    NO! Forzare! Turn back! That path lies madness! I don't want to have to blam you if you start saying "everypony"!

• I think I might have actually found a pony crossover that nick could enjoy.
  • edited 2011-10-24 19:06:54
    BUT ALL I WANT TO DO IS SPREAD LOVE AND TOLERANCE TO EVERYPOBODY

And you shouldn't blam people. Someponbody could get hurt, and I'm pretty sure noponybody wants that.

halp
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Don't worry just look into Pinkie pie's eyes.
    It'll all be ok.
  • ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOHORSE
    ^^ that's it, I'm bucked

I cannot resist pinkie pie hypnotism

Because Pinkie Pie is best pony.
  • Pinkie Pie is best pony?

Silly Forzare, that's not how you spell Pinkie Pie.
  • edited 2011-10-24 19:48:02
    PINKIE PIE TIER
    Pinkie Pie

GOD TIER
    Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Derpy Hooves, Doctor Whooves, Lyra, Luna, Discord, Spike, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle

AWESOME TIER
    Stephen Magnet, Nightmare Moon, Bon-Bon, DJ PON-3

GOOD TIER
    Scootaloo, Sweetie Bell, Angel Bunny, Trixie the Great and Powerful, Princess Celestia, Carrot Top

LESS GOOD TIER
    Applebloom, Mayor Mare, Mrs Cake, Cherrilee, Snips, Snails

GILDA TIER
    Gilda, Applejack, Diamond Tiara
  • No rainbow star
    ^ All subsets of the shit tier
    ^

WHAT NOW, HATER?
    >GILDA TIER
    Gilda, Applejack, Diamond Tiara

Son, there's a little ol' thing we like to call heresy...
  • edited 2011-10-24 19:58:29
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Those voices have convinced me you all have brain damage
  • edited 2011-10-24 20:01:58
    ^^ I exaggerate my hate for Applejack. I dont actually dislike her. But she is my least favorite of the mane six.

^ o rly
  • No rainbow star
    ^

• No rainbow star
    ^

• edited 2011-10-24 22:24:38

lol

Pinkie: FUCK DA POLICE.