If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Dark Souls: Siegfried stops writing a journal like some bitchy teenager, the game is discussed.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

And now I killed the Dragon God. Go me.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Nice.

I got the Firekeeper souls from Blighttown and New Londo, grabbed the dragoncrest shield, then went after Quelaag. She did indeed go down really easily; I think I underestimated how much better my current build is than the one I used the first time around. Then I joined the Chaos covenant because I'm playing offline and I don't think any of the others would have actually had any benefits under those circumstances.

Then I fed some stuff to the kingseeker, and leveled several times; I can now roll fully while wearing all the Elite Knight armor except for the helmet, which is okay because I'd rather wear the Mask of the Child instead.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

The irony of it all is that only the chaos servant can save the Sunbro from hallowing.

• Beat the bosses of Anor Londo.  Sorcery continues to make every boss fight a cakewalk.

Although, I also finally started increasing my Vitality and Endurance, since up until now they've been at 8... >.> 

Ornstein and Smough are where I quit on my first run. But given how much better this one's going, I think I'll do all right.

Wow, you made it that far with 8 Vitality and Endurance? I don't think I'd last without the dodgeroll.

• You don't need to increase your Endurance to dodgeroll... you just have to wear really shitty armor. >.>  Though, once I got Havel's Ring I could at least wear Elite Knight armor.

What weapon and shield do you have?

• edited 2012-03-15 17:38:47

Weapon is Enchanted Falchion +1.

Should probably have something that's not a Falchion since I don't really like it but... it's what I had at the time, and it's not that bad.  Also I don't think I have any more Blue Titanite right now so I wouldn't be able to get any more Enchanted weapons (which I need since my Intelligence is 38 and my other damage stats are all way lower).  Though I guess I could grind for some next time I play.

Shield is Dragon Crest Shield. 

I used to use the Falchion. It's not bad.

Currently, though, I have a Claymore +8. Hence why I only just got enough Endurance to wear the armor you're wearing, despite having two equipment-boosting rings.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> put an enemy with knockback attacks on a very narrow staircase

Fuck off.

Are you talking about the skeletons in 4-2? Most of them can be lured into running off the edge if you shoot them with arrows from the right spots. The rest can be at least lured into reasonable locations.

No, there's a glowing red cthulhu-guard on a narrow staircase in 2-2.

Ah, okay.

If you take the tunnel on the right at the start of 2-2, you can drop down some platforms (VERY CAREFULLY) and skip almost straight to the boss.

FUCK IT going to grind.

I have-

Vitality: 28
    Intelligence: 10
    Endurance: 30
    Strength: 22
    Dexterity: 22
    Magic: 9
    Faith: 8
    Luck: 13

Am I allowed to upgrade my Dexterity now :| 

So there are four flying manta rays that skewer me any time I try to go outside of Death's cave.

Weird. They never bothered me.

It's really annoying, because I can't stand and fight any of the skeletons that are lying around. There's two sword-skeletons and a-

Fuck, I'm not wearing the Thief's Ring. That would explain it.

That'd do it.

It was really bad before, because there's two Gold Skeletons further down the path.

Also, there's a bunch of really annoying enemies later on, including a spirit that shoots laser beams that I have no idea how to deal with.

• edited 2012-03-15 20:42:56
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The gold skeletons I killed one at a time, luring them away with arrows. The laser beams...they're where I stopped the last time I ever played the game, so you're on your own there. Or you could look it up :P

> find a good shield with magic resist

Only advice I could find. Fuck.

• edited 2012-03-15 21:09:51

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/shield

List of all shields in the game. I think the middle number under Damage Reduction is the magic resist.

I already have the Rune Shield, which is the shield with the highest base Magic resist and increased Magic defence.

But it requires Colourless Demon Souls to upgrade it.

• edited 2012-03-15 21:16:42

Bear in mind, upgrading it only increases your character's magic stat, not the damage reduction percent when blocking, which is more important.

I can't use it anyway, it requires 18 Magic.

I'm thinking of going back and creating a high Endurance-Vitality-Magic-Faith build, though. If only because I'm getting kinda annoyed at this character.

I can't count the number of times I've restarted both games because I found a problem with my build.

I was really tempted to restard Dark Souls the other day when I spent 8 levels grinding strength only to find the Zweihander wasn't what I expected.

Actually, it might be better if I went the high-magic route, because fuck upgrading weapons, seriously.

• edited 2012-03-15 21:33:57

It's easier in Dark Souls because you can just buy almost all of the materials.

Magic in Demon's Souls is pretty powerful. They had to go Vancian for Dark Souls to prevent abuse.

Also, Soulsucker would be so much help against those fucking lava beetles.