If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Dark Souls: Siegfried stops writing a journal like some bitchy teenager, the game is discussed.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Okay, killed the Tower Knight again. This is good.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Killed Mr. Armoured Spider. Significantly easier this time.

I am now going to change my armour to the Plate Armour you can buy from the Dregling Merchant.

With the death of the Adjudicator, that is three bosses I have defeated in a row without dying.

Cheapest way of killing a boss ever.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Which one? A lot of bosses in this game have exploitable weaknesses, if you can find 'em.

Maneater.

It turns out that if you don't go into the fog gate, and you go to the veeery leftmost or rightmost you can, your arrows can reach Maneater. So you can kill the first Maneater without even entering the Fog Gate.

So. Maiden Astrea.

:(

Finished Worlds 2, 3, 4 and 5 on my Wanderer. Now on to the last level of World 1!

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Yeah, Maiden Astrea was a pretty big moment for me, too. 

The thing is, we;re constrained by the game itself to kill her.

So, I'm pretty much being forced to kill her, because it's the very nature of the game. I don't have any other choice.

Which sucks.

And now I am killing Evil Ostrava :(

And then, I win. Finally; the fight is over, and the world is (somewhat) at peace.

Wait. What's happening.

Oh shit.

I've gone back in time.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Now get Dark Souls! :D

Not for sale here.

• edited 2012-03-18 20:38:22
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

According to Wikipedia, it came out over there two days after it came out over here.

Anyway, I got home today and played more Dark Souls. Went through Sen's Fortress.

By the way, Alex, remember how you said the Claymore was one of the best weapons in the game? Well, I got the Serpent-Man Greatsword as a random drop, and it's significantly better. You need 24 Strength to wield it, but it has a higher base damage and has a Strength scaling rate of B, which apparently increases to A once you've got it at +11. A +8 Serpent-Man Greatsword does much more damage than a +10 Claymore.

It's four pounds heavier, though; Endurance as always is a must.

Anyway, I killed the Iron Golem after that. I remember he gave me a lot of trouble on my first file (the only previous one that got this far at all). Not this time. Didn't get hit once, killed him in under a minute. And since I didn't need any of the items you can forge from his core, I leveled a lot.

Yeah, it's been released here.

But there's no copies for sale.

Oh :c

I have to wait for someone to trade in a copy, then have the money, then get back in there before someone else buys it.

Wow, that's...not good.

Although, the game apparently has one of the highest trade-in numbers of all the games sold there. Apparently, a lot of people buy it on reputation alone, get home, play it a bit, then get really frustrated with it, take it back and trade it in for a new game.

Yeah, that does happen. IIRC, you almost quit Demon's Souls.

Until I got really bored and played it again when I was less out of it. Even then, I considered ragequitting a few times.

But I'm not one to trade in a $50 game, so.

So. While I was procrastinating on the Ornstein and Smough fight, I went around doing stuff I hadn't done yet. Killed the Ceaseless Discharge, explored the Demon Ruins, went back to the asylum, killed the Stray Demon, killed the Darkroot Hydra. Didn't do the Great Hollow because it's a pain in the ass.

Then I went to the Painted World.

I...I don't think I'm supposed to be here just yet.

On the bright side, once I actually get out, I'm sure I'll be much more powerful. Already managed to get my Dex high enough to wield the Black Knight's Greatsword, which has shitty scaling but enough raw damage to outdo the Man-Serpent one, at least until I get the large ember and upgrade the latter to +11. It's also two pounds lighter, which is nice.

Also, the creators announced that they have an announcement, which will almost certainly be the PC version.

• edited 2012-03-21 20:29:51
    Got out of the painted world. I am so glad the boss lady is friendly.

I leveled up quite a bit but don't quite feel ready yet.

FUCK. YES. Beat Ornstein and Smough.

The first few times, Smough kept spamming that one hard-to-avoid charge attack -_-

• edited 2012-03-22 13:26:06

It's actually very easy to avoid, like all of Smough's attacks.  Smough can't move through the pillars, and usually won't even try very hard to walk around them, so as long as you always position yourself such that there's a pillar between you and Smough, he can't ever hit you.  And then you can probably just spam Pyromancy or Black Firebombs at him to kill him.

Of course, it's a bit harder while Ornstein is still alive, but as long as you don't let him get behind you, then you should be able to avoid/block his attacks while still keeping Smough away from you. 

• edited 2012-03-22 13:36:52

I was using Pyromancy, and it was a huge help. Great Chaos Fireball alone could take out Ornstein.

But the thing is, when Smough charges like that, you can't dodge to the side as easily, so you have to back up. And he was using it repeatedly without pausing between attacks. I very quickly ran out of room to back up and got smashed.

Anyway, once he started only doing that at a reasonable frequency, he went down really easily.