If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Dark Souls: Siegfried stops writing a journal like some bitchy teenager, the game is discussed.

Comments

• edited 2012-03-14 22:48:49
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

It's less about putting the points into strength vs. putting the points into vitality, and more about not upgrading those in the first place from the end of 1-1 onward. It's tempting to dump points into one's primary damage stat, but this is a survival game.

The bow's great, don't get me wrong, but it's not as heavy a priority as survivability. I can't fault you for dumping points into strength for it, but I think you ought to have had higher vitality and endurance after 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 and 4-1. 

^ Maneater, using the fog exploit. Fuck that boss. It's also useful against the second-last boss of World 4.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, and you can kill the dragons with it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Technically. 

I got bored when I tried. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, it does take awhile.

They patched the dragon in Dark Souls so you have to melee it T_T

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's less about putting the points into strength vs. putting the points into vitality, and more about not upgrading those in the first place from the end of 1-1 onward.

But I have been putting points into Endurance and Vitality. That's how I got them up to 14. That's also why it cost me 50,000 odd souls to get my Strength up 8 points.

I've also been upgrading my Dexterity. 3 points into Dexterity for every 2 into Vitality and Endurance.

But at the moment, I really needed a good ranged weapon. Imagine how much easier Vanguard would have been with a good ranged weapon.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Wow, I haven't had a "Charge straight in" strategy be this successful in a game since I played Kingdom Hearts.

wut

context

I charged one of the Red-Eyed Skeletons (Apparently, they're actually called Dual Katana Black Skeletons). I charged right at it and started hitting it. It tried to attack me, but slipped to the side; I walked up behind it and backstabbed it, then started pummeling it. I rolled back, Shielded, it was stunned, then I attacked as fast as I could. It died and I didn't take a single bit of damage~

Also, tada.

Vitality: 20

Intelligence: 10

Endurance: 20

Strength: 22

Dexterity: 20

Magic: 9

Faith: 8

Luck: 13

Good focus. If I were you, I'd continue working on endurance and (to a lesser extent) vitality. 22 strength and 20 dexterity are fine for now. Once your endurance and vitality are 25-30, then you should put more point into dexterity. 

lalala

killing a dragon without even paying attention

Good focus. If I were you, I'd continue working on endurance and (to a lesser extent) vitality. 22 strength and 20 dexterity are fine for now. Once your endurance and vitality are 25-30, then you should put more point into dexterity. 

Endurance to 25, gotcha

holy god how much health does this dragon have

I am Lady Tempera. Slayer of giant blobs, oversized enchanted knights, large armoured arachnids, horrendously fat butchers, and dragons. Fear me.

• Oh so you managed to find that artifact thingy did you?

what artifact thingie

The Cling Ring? Yeah, but I stopped using it.

• After all those deaths?

Wait, Demon's Souls. Nevermind.

I've gotten better at the game since.

And I kind of needed the ring space. There's only so far an extra bit of health can take me. A ring of health regeneration has proved much more useful.

• I'd have kept it until the end of the game, since if I spent all the effort on getting the damn thing I'm sure as hell not getting rid of it for a loooong time.

Wasn't that hard once I realized I was looking for it in the wrong place.

Instead of going down immediately behind the Knight, I had to go to the end of the place and go down all the stairs there.

In other news.

-starts world 3-

Well, this is going to wreak havoc on my nerves.

• edited 2012-03-15 05:36:12
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

argh

I lowered the platform in 2-2, but then I died. Now I can't figure out how to raise it again :|

edit: found it

Leechmonger was inordinately easy.

• edited 2012-03-15 07:49:45
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Fire attacks eat Leechmonger like nothing else. Watch out for the bog in World 5, though. It's rightly considered the nastiest bit of the entire game. 

I'm trying to get further into World 2 first.

I upgraded my Endurance to 28 and I'm working on my Vitality now. But I've run out of stuff to upgrade my gear with and I get jack drops even in World 2.

World 2 has excellent drops, largely due to the presence of sack... things and a little cave alcove with a plethora of geckos. Since you've got a good bow, you should be able to pick them off with reasonable ease. The little phalanx things from World 1 also drop sharpstone and hardstone sometimes. If your weapons are getting to the higher levels (+7 or above), it's meant to be a bit restrictive. Weapons go to +10 at the most, so if they're at high levels, then you shouldn't worry about getting them to full until the late game. 

I accidentally killed the Filthy Man, is all.

The sack goblins drop jack shit for me, is the problem.

And the cave of geckos stopped spawning :V

Nah, they'll respawn eventually. Beaten World 4 yet? If you're ploughing through the rest, you should be able to take on World 4 to its end. It also has two bosses very close together, one of which is the last one. Even if you die, you can pretty much just throw yourself at the boss again. Not that it's that difficult; I beat that one on my first try and I didn't really know what the fuck I was doing. 

I'm going through it in order. World 1 > World 2 > World 3 etc.

I killed Flamelurker, by the way.