If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM anime club

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >>"I think that we shouldn't shy from material due to its content, regardless of nudity or whatever. We're not five years old here and all that."

Then let's watch Kojik-*shot*

I like FLCL, even if I did just rewatch it a week ago.
  • So, uh, we'd need, like, google accounts?
  • edited 2011-09-20 16:39:48
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Unless someone wants to rent out a Vent server, yeah I think we should do this from Google +'s video chat function.

^Once I can figure out how to send invitations I'll send you one.

EDIT: Ah, I just need your email.
  • edited 2011-09-20 16:41:21
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Why can't we just do this via livestream?  Or some other non-Google service?
  • Can I join?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^The actual video might be with livestream. The actual communication function I'd like to do via voice. and Google+'s is free, and there's already a IJBM group on G+.
  • You can change. You can.
    I don't see why we can't use IRC, really. It'd be easier, doesn't demand anything but Mibbit from us and we don't have to have accounts on anything (Unless the OPs turn out to not have registered nicks) 
  • I think it's cause Neo wants to hear our scratchy stunted raspy manvoices.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Curses, I have been found out.

I thought it would be an overall better experience if we talked about what we were seeing instead of just typing it.
  • I dunno. It might get a bit over powering if there is more than...say, five of us.

Plus, I tend to talk during the stuff I watch. So I'd be an annoying little snit.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, it might get a bit chaotic if we do voice chat.
  • @AHR. you're not the only one.

I'll tell you that with a side-bag of tomato soup.

Even watching a show with someone recently, I just literally stopped the show and was like "This is a set-up you know"
    I just don't have a mic, that's all. >.>
  • Hahah. Loser.

I just have a laptop. Comes with the tech.
    Oh, well, technically, I have a mic, but laptop mics are shit and work pretty bad for voice chat. 

Like "garblefargleasjggdfkofdsb" bad
    ?
  • "Vocaroo, Now Counterkitty"

"I don't have a mic -_-"

"Pfft, I'm Juan-Carlos, and I like Men, also, like I care!"
    something tells me there's some bias in that tale.

also, there's a difference between me asking you to record something and me asking us to use a textbased form of comunication because I don't have a mic

(I honestly don't mind if you wanna use voice chat, though, but I feel that text chat would be more accesible, that's all)
  • "Pfft, I'm Juan Carlos, I like Men, I'm asking Malk to marry me"

There's no bias at all.
    Skype, then?

(Is Skype able for multiple people chatting?)
  • edited 2011-09-20 17:27:02
    ^I think it is, somehow.

yeah Skype is good.

EDIT: Yeah, there's a call group function.
    I'd recommend testing before going in and doing it, then.

Also, everyone, post Skype accounts.
  • What is skype lol
  • edited 2011-09-20 17:29:38
    My Skype name is: neocrimson1.

^This.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-09-20 18:17:54
    You're the weirdly named guy from Illinois?

• I recommend Paranoia Agent. It's cool.

Also Nichijou is cool too

-somehow agrees completely with this post by nick about anime-

• edited 2011-09-20 17:40:05
    a little muffled
    Personally, I don't like the idea of voice chat. Makes it harder to concentrate on what is being watched if everyone is talking, dunnit? (Assuming we have more than a couple people.) I'd prefer IRC.