If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM anime club

18910111214»

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Let's just decide on a a time, then.

I proposed noon eastern time tomorrow (Sunday) as the cutoff for time period 1.  Do you need more time, Everest?

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Yeah.

Okay, noon EDT (4 PM GMT) on Monday, then.  Since we're starting now anyway.

So here's how things are working - please correct me if I'm wrong:

1. Watch episode n during time period n.  Discuss episode n, and then watch episode n+1, during time period n+1.  And so on.

2. A dedicated thread for each series we watch.  Don't post spoilers in or past the currently-being-watched episode.  Also, don't post where to find ways to watch it (remember, posts are publicly viewable).

• a little muffled

I'd rather have the discussion for episode n go on during period n, honestly. People who haven't watched it yet can avoid the thread.

• Yeah, I think that sounds better, actually.  If you're talking about episode n in period n+1, then that means there's a good chance you'll be discussing the episode before the one you most recently watched, which... is weird.

• edited 2012-05-19 12:38:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Hmm, let me revise that then.

1. The watching schedule will be divided into time periods, where we basically watch one episode per time period.  In the thread, people are allowed to discuss the events up to the current episode without spoiler tags.  Discussion of later events must use spoiler tags (white font color, black font background, spoiler bbcode, or toggle bbcode).

So basically: during time period n, we watch episode n and can openly (without spoilers) discuss all episodes 1 through n.  Discussion of events in episode n+1 and later must use spoiler tags of some sort.

• edited 2012-05-19 12:39:16

up to the current episode

is that up to and including, or just prior episodes?

The entire point of the thread will be to discuss a show, so if we have to mark everything related to the current episode as a spoiler, the thread is going to get pretty unreadable.  It'd probably be best if people just didn't look at the thread until they are able to watch the episode.

EDIT: Nevermind, your edit explains it.  Okay, then.

• Well, made the Gunbuster thread.  Let's see how this goes.

Sweet.

I'll try to watch it tonight then.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Seems cleaner to start a new thread. I mean, we made the decision to start this thread rather than using the main "anime club" thread, right? So I figured that was the precedent.

And I already went and started the thread, so.

I forgot that the Gunbuster thread wasn't the original thread. In that case, Nyktos should probably put the link to this thread in the one for Time of Eve.

• a little muffled

Okay.

Yeah, we oughta be using this for our general IJBM Anime Club discussion, rather than a particular show thread.

• edited 2012-08-20 13:03:49
    Kichigai birthday!!

Wrong thread :DDD fug :D

For some reason I started watching the Black Rock Shooter OVA on a whim just now.

I don't know why.

That said, I'm halfway through the OVA and I have yet to see any connection between the two different settings other than the characters looking vaguely similar.

• edited 2012-08-26 06:13:29

Okay, having watched the latter half of the OVA, and I see how they drew some--not really comprehensively--parallels between BRS vs. her opponent and Mato and Yumi's relationship.

That said, it ends

Spoiler:
    on a total cliffhanger.

• edited 2012-08-26 13:12:03

Why did you post that in this thread?

Anyway, yes the ending is inconclusive.  The point of the OVA wasn't so much to tell a story as it was to gauge interest in a TV adaptation.  If you want an actual story with, like... a conclusion, watch the TV series.

Except don't actually watch the TV series because it isn't very good.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Especially since it basically copies Symphogear's villain twist with the exact same voice actress to boot.

• edited 2012-08-26 13:57:38
    But you never had any to begin with.

• edited 2012-08-26 15:26:18

Why did you post that in this thread?

To explain why I hadn't watched Time of Eve.  I probably shouldn't have done that.

Anyway, yes the ending is inconclusive.  The point of the OVA wasn't so much to tell a story as it was to gauge interest in a TV adaptation.  If you want an actual story with, like... a conclusion, watch the TV series.

Okay, that makes complete sense now.

I was expecting the two storylines to converge early on.  When they didn't, I started assuming one was a metaphor for the other...and that's exactly how it turned out.  Until the end, when they actually did converge...