If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM anime club

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Now and Then, Here and There is on Netflix streaming, isn't it?
  • You can change. You can.
    Madoka is...weird. It's not a bad show, but it's not a good one. It has great presentation, I'll give it that, but the characters are so meh (Except for Mami and Sayaka) that I can't help anything but a strange need to switch to something else when I try to watch it.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I really liked Madoka.  It's the only 12-episode anime I've ever sat through in one sitting.
  • They're somethin' else.
    NaTHaT is on Netflix, yes. Whether or not you like the english dub is up to you.
  • edited 2011-09-25 15:52:30
    I really can't stand Madoka.  It's like... so... I dunno.  The plot is inconsistent and doesn't really make sense if you think about it for more than 5 seconds, and it feels like the creators just wanted to make Nanoha except grimdark.  More importantly though, it's just that it's really average, but people hype it up like it's the best anime ever.
  • edited 2011-09-25 15:52:41
    You can change. You can.
    ^^^ you liked the end of time

you don't count.

^ You like KnJ, you don't count.
    :<

^^^ It has Crispin Freeman, that's enough for me  :D

/mostly joking
  • edited 2011-09-25 15:56:01
    They're somethin' else.
    ok, what about Bokurano? Is that worth the watch?

Or Saikano?
    I'd say that if we're gonna watch a show that takes after EVA, we should watch a show that also improves on the concepts EVA had.

In other words, Rahxephon.
  • edited 2011-09-25 15:57:23
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ I've heard good things about Bokurano.  Don't know anything about Saikano.
  • edited 2011-09-25 15:57:27
    They're somethin' else.
    ^^ Yeah. Lets.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I think that the Madoka hype has died down now that Madoka isn't a brand sparkling new series anymore.
  • Anyway, we should probably figure out this:

1) Who's gonna set the Skype room?

I do not volunteer to do this myself, since I'm very unreliable and if I'm not mistaken, this would require that I actually be online whenever we're doing this, which is not really certain.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Has a time been set up yet?
  • Er... no, as far as I know.

I'm available Thursdays after about 16:00 (GMT -5), and Fridays pretty much all day.  And possibly Saturdays as well, though less certain about that, unless it's really late (like, 1:00 Sunday morning).  Other times may also be possible, though they are less preferable and it's more likely I'll have stuff to do.

What about everyone else?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm good for Fridays and Saturdays, I'll be too busy with school stuff anytime else.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Me too
    Fridays anytime before about 5 EST are best for me. Saturday I'll probably be able to do, but Friday is better.
  • This thread keeps dying.  I don't like that.  :c

Welp, someone needs to lead them, DYRE.

Someone needs to run the whole thing

and it ain't me

wheeee, film club

speaking of, i should be bumping that.
  • At this point, I probably would be willing to try running this (at least until someone else volunteers >.>) but I really have no idea what that would entail.
    Moderating the whole thing, kicking asshats out of the chatroom when needed, invite them when you feel like it, etc etc
    If we could test Skype this Saturday, I could try and run this thing. Just give me your Skype ids.
    Saturday? 

Depends on the time...>.>
    I dunno, anytime after 11:00 AM Central Standard Time?
    I kinda approve...I'd prefer and evening. Or at least afternoon-ish

also, we're watching Gunbuster?
  • They're somethin' else.
    GAHNBASTAAAAAAAAH
  • edited 2011-09-28 21:48:27
    $80+ per session
    I'll do it. I leave my Skype open at all times, so even when I'm not interested in the anime being watched (which will be often), you can still use the channel.

Also, I don't have to be online. I'll make it right now.

Everyone go ahead and list your Skype name.
    juancarloscondeg
  • nekomimi.moudo.desu

-has the weeabooest Skype name out of anyone here-