If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Film Club!

Comments

• $80+ per session
    I can't at the moment. Knight me tomorrow.
  • You can change. You can.
    Do you have a registered nick? Saturn, for example?
  • $80+ per session
    Try Saturn.
  • $80+ per session
    Random chosen, the first movie we will be watching will be

Army of Darkness

Directed by Sam Raimi.
    hooray

• $80+ per session
    I'm in it. Better hurry, can't stay for more than a few minutes.
  • How do I stuff join? :<
    Try this.

Although the channel is dead right now. Because we aren't watching movies and I'm testing things like OP powers, banning and whatevers.

This is PC speak for "If you get in, I'll kick you. You can come back, though. I just need target practice"
  • Well, I'm in, let's see your "wrath"
    bah, kicking people is way too complicated. 
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    ;_; you kicked me

And in my birthday.
  • It's ok Nick, you can come back anytime.

It Is Juan after all.
    Yeah, it's an introduction, man. Can't be an member of the club if you haven't felt the boot up your ass /Red Foreman.
    Anyway, so far, we've got three OPs. I need to know for certain who is gonna come on saturday, as this is the first day, I want to make it work properly.

Rules of the channel: * Free Discussion is allowed, but if we're watching a movie, try to keep it on topic.

*  No personal attacks or drama

* The channel may have been started at IJBM, and we may draw our user pool mostly from here, but we are not affiliated with IJBM. By which we mean, if you're banned here, you still are allowed in there, and a bunch of other stuff. It bears mentioning that the staff in here won't have IJBM mods for now, mostly because I feel that it might be a problem early on. 

* Importing or exporting drama or personal problems with a user is a no-no

* Civility above all. It's OK to dislike people, just don't be uncivil about it. Me and my banhammer decide what's uncivil, by the way (Not really, of couse, but I couldn't wait to do that joke)

* No spam of any kind

Schedule:

A big problem with logistics right now is, well, when will everyone watch the movies? After all, all of us have busy lifes and we can't make it on time.

My ideas are simple: Either we watch on a specific date, or all of us watch on our own and then discuss it on a specific date. I think we can switch between those depending on time and circumnstances.

Staff (So far, I'm thinking of adding another two users)

Malkavian
    Vivi/Saturn
    JuanCarlos/AgentDaleCooper/Whatevernickstrikesmyfancy
    Blank slate #1
    Blank slate #2

• $80+ per session
    I like you idea of switching between watching at the same time and watching on our own time.

To start, I think we should all watch Army of Darkness at the same time.
    I'd be OK for it as long as at least 8-10 users are up for it. 
  • edited 2011-09-19 13:40:54
    $80+ per session
    Agreed. I would even do it if it were 5-6.

I'm almost positive we would have a strong turn out and club membership though.
  • @Vivi, come and discuss stuff.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Army of Darkness? Yei. Like I've said before any time in the evening/night that's not thursday, friday, or sunay is good for me.
    So saturday night?
    Sounds good to me.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Yup yup yup
  • $80+ per session
    You all should COME INTO THE CHANNEL.
    You should have the link to the channel on the very first page of the thread, so that it's easy to find.
    Quick question.

What's the policy on inviting people not on IJBM?
    Short answer? 

Do it faggot
  • Thread Hop: 

Question: If you're watching films at the same time, will you do it on Goodfaith or is there a way to make it happen all at the same time?
    I like the idea of giving the time span of a week to watch it, and then everyone discussing it on the weekend while we have it stream.
    Goodfaith?
  • Yeah, as in, "Okay we'll all watch the film at six." and everyone watches the film at six.