If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Film Club!

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I dunno, humor is subjective and all, I suppose, but I just wasn't amused by the whole water thing, or the riding bomb, or by "You're not supposed to fight in here..." routine, etc etc

The thing is, it's a pretty good movie. but it's not a movie I like, I guess. I can see how these things are funny and biting, but I don't feel them to be funny and biting, you know?
  • edited 2011-09-18 22:16:13
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Oh Ok. Personally Yojimbo is my favorite of his, but I recognize he has other much more important films.

^^
    >Kevin Smith

Roll to resist frenzy

No. Bad Malk! Respect differing opinions!
  • $80+ per session
    I only like Clerks and Dogma.
  • $80+ per session
    Crap, we forgot Danny Boyle.
  • edited 2011-09-18 22:25:17
    Actually I forgot Yojimbo, it is pretty important, with far-reaching consequences in western cinema as well (with Fistfull of dollars starting a new trend in "genre" western heroes), I suppose it could be added to the list. I found Sanjuro more enjoyable personally, but Yojimbo is certainly good.

As for the Strangelove thing: Well, I could argue and list all my favourite moments etc, but I doubt it'll accomplish much, as humour is subjective. So let's just let it rest for now.
    yeah, let's kill each other when we watch it. :p

Also, a worry of mine is how would we watch Los Viajes del Viento, as it is a Colombian movie...well, I just solved it, fellas.
  • $80+ per session
    So, I think we've got a good list.
  • Actually I just thought of another director, Fritz Lang. Now this is one of those things where I've only seen two of his movies, though they are generally considered his best, Metropolis and M. Both of them are very good and Lang is generally considered an important director of early cinema, but I don't know if anyone else here has a more in-depth perspective on Lang than me. Otherwise I'd suggest Firtz Lang: Metropolis and M. Mostly for their importance, however they are also genuinely good movies on their own.
    M is definetlly amazing. Unfortunately, I haven't watched it. Good thing is, the movie is actually in YT and is public property.
  • $80+ per session
    Indeed.

So, how shall we decide what to watch first.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    M is a great movie. Peter Lorre was an underrated gem.

Oh, and since we're doing controversial directors.

Roger Corman: The Masque of Red Death, The Stranger, The Raven, The Undead
    So, how shall we decide what to watch first.

First, we should decide how is this gonna work out. 

I'd say an IRC channel with three OPs. 

Either that or a Livestream channel and someone who can stream things. 
    For the record, I totally would be in on this.

Though Vivi probably doesn't want me. ;_;
  • $80+ per session
    I can't stream things do to my crappy computer, so an IRC channel would be best.

I do have a near infinite supply of pretty much any movie, that I can link you all to.

I think the OPs of the channel should be Me, Malk, and Juan.
    Erm, I think an OP should, you know, be able to actually know IRC well. Like...being able to bring in bots and stuff.

OTOH, we can always bug Tzetze :D
  • edited 2011-09-18 22:47:43
    $80+ per session
    Oh yeah, good idea.

Well, you can bug Tzetze. I still have that temporary permanent ban.
    erm, do we need the three bots, or do we just ask for Omnipresence?
  • edited 2011-09-18 22:54:25
    They're somethin' else.
    As far as Mind Screw cinema goes, You can't go wrong with Alejandro Jodorosky. His best is either Holy Mountain, El Topo or Santa Sangre.

For Brian De Palma, watch either Phantom of the Paradise or Scarface.

Also, everything John Hughes ever made (actually, I think we should have a separate section for teen film, but that's just me)
  • $80+ per session
    Omnipresence should be good.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Thank you so much for starting this, by the way. Ya'll rock.
    I guess this means I have to learn how to use IRC.
  • $80+ per session
    I've wanted a place to watch more movies and talk about so I thought this was a good idea.
    I certainly like the the idea.
  • Can someone explain what's happening, are we watching movies? ^_^
    Yes. Just made the channel. It doesn't seem to appear on Mibbit though, weird.
  • $80+ per session
    Where is this channel?
    #IJBM-filmclub at Esper.net
  • $80+ per session
    Someone keep a log of the channel for me.

The mods will be myself, juan and malk.
  • They're somethin' else.
    When are your airing times?
    OK, I need OPs at the channel now. I need to...erm...knight them, if you will. So that means that Malkavian and Saturn/Vivi should get their collective asses to the channel

@Schitzo: I like to think we'll be as flexible as possible, but I think that weekends at 8:00 (-5:00 GMT) would work. Dunno.