If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

HOLY SHIT (scariest webcomic ever!)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Have fun with the Nazghul then, I guess.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Oh crap, I forgot about them. Dx
  • Lol.

Meeting ghosts has always been a double-edged sword for some fiction.

If "X" person can become a Ghoul, why can't the person they're haunting?
  • Think what you may, but even just looking at the stills and knowing the idea behind it makes it scary to me. n///n;  I've always been kinda overtly sensitive to concepts behind an actual something and their contribution to the finished thing, and I'm so chicken that even the little parts on their own can get to me. OTL
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Well that makes more sense.

I was wondering why you would prefer to face down Sauron and the Nazgul than a single ghost.
    Think what you may, but even just looking at the stills and knowing the idea behind it makes it scary to me. n///n;  I've always been kinda overtly sensitive to concepts behind an actual something and their contribution to the finished thing, and I'm so chicken that even the little parts on their own can get to me.

I can agree that the concept behind it is scary, although the fact that she did not kill the girl actually makes me rather sympathetic to the ghost, thus killing a lot of the horror.
  • I worry more for the girl who was totally uninvolved and will probably never ever forget that terrifying experience. DX
    If life has taught me anything, it is that time will smooth the edges off all wounds.
    Sauron's a wuss, but the Ringwraiths are hardcore. Dude had his hand cut off by a broken sword at the last second, lame.
  • Ringwraiths are better?

They're just greedy people swallowed whole by their greed...

I think.

At least Sauron was not killed by a girl.

>.>
    I mean, from my perspective. Sauron wasn't really scary. But the Ringwraiths were genuinely creepy and unsettling.
    They're just greedy people swallowed whole by their greed...

They are people consumed by their greed.

They then turned into Dementors who ride dragon-creatures.
    I mean, from my perspective. Sauron wasn't really scary. But the Ringwraiths were genuinely creepy and unsettling. 

A part of it may be how much more... personal they were. Sauron was always there, but he was never there. The Ringwraiths were.
    Yeah, exactly. They were Sauron's personal ninjas, making sure shit gets done.
  • edited 2011-08-27 05:58:38
    Belief
    On the whole, Sauron was much more menacing.

Even half-alive, he did things that threatened to destroy the Middle Earth.

Not even mentioning what kind of things the Balrog could do ^_^
    On the whole, Sauron was much more menacing.

Not even mentioning what kind of things the Balrog could do

How are these things even related
    The Hobbit's gonna be interesting. In Middle Earth, even Balrogs are kinda pussies compared to dragons.
  • I liked them better than Ringwraiths,

So they're related because they fit in the Category of "Things Counterclock likes better than Ringwraiths and feels are worthy of mentioning"

-_-
    I imagine that is not a very short list.
    But the Ringwraiths were way cool.
    I wonder what a Dementor riding a dragon would be like.
    Laaaame. Dementors are like angst gnomes. Ringwraiths are beacons of pure horror, prime servants of the Dark Lord upon his dark throne.

In the land where the shadows lie.
    That is true. They are two different types of creatures that serve two different purposes in the audience's minds.
  • @Alex: and all defeated by a soldier with a sword, are they not?

X3
    But that was Aragorn. He's special~ <3
    The Ringwraiths were not all killed by Aragorn.
  • I never said killed -_-

Defeat does not mean death!
    Aragorn never defeated all of them with a sword though.
    Well, a sword and a flaming stick.

In the books, it's just a flaming stick though. He carries around the shards of Narsil, but has no undamaged sword at that point.
This discussion has been closed.