If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

HOLY SHIT (scariest webcomic ever!)

Comments

• They're somethin' else.
    Asuka's Mind Rape scene from Evangelion.
  • ^ Spoilers, man.
  • it feels like i had a mind gangbang

ohh i swear never ever evre evredvr ever ever evrerfv ever agaoink
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Waltzy, cut with the hyperbole -_-;
  • edited 2011-08-27 04:49:41
    i tried one more time

but chickened out as soon as i got to the first panel with the ghost

it feels me with such awful awful dread holy shittttttttttttttt

like really real dread for reals

they're geniuses though, it feels like they went into my mind and made what would be most scary to me

TT~TT

^ am seriously terrified. promise. will probably be okay after some hot milk. ugh I'm sorry, I don't want to annoy anyone. ><;; I'm such a baby.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I'm with Waltzy on this one. It's scary as fuck and I am not clicking that link again.
  • @Alex. My advice. Mute the sound, Turn off the screen, and scroll on down to the end.

That'll get rid of the animations and sounds and leave only pictures

after that it becomes Nightmare retardant.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Stop being a baby Alex!

If I can look at it all without having the fuck scared out of me you can too!
    ^^ But that defeats the purpose! I'm glad I got scared anyway. It was good.

^ IT IS THE WORST THING.
    It is not the worst thing.
  • Clockyyy, I went a little too fast the first time and even scrolling back up it did the neck thing. ;///////;

dude i started crying now. this is the first time I've had a literal snot string hanging from my nose

you totally needed to know that >///>;;;
    It is totally the worst thing. It ignores the conventional boundaries of the medium just to fuck with you!

• It's not so much scary, as it is shocking. There's a difference there.
    What she said.
  • *cowers with Alex* I agreeeeeeee x////x;;
  • edited 2011-08-27 05:09:41
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    And it's not like your average screamer or anything. You're just reading a creepyish webcomic and then BAM. The animation is stilted like the sound effect and it's as if your own technology has turned against you. Like the ghost is addressing you, personally, through the machine.

Fuck
    this brilliant, brilliant webcomic.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I read a translation of it in 4chan. Apparently the bloody figure is a woman whose son died,and then killed herself and now wanders around looking for him.

In the panel where she first turns around,she asks the girl where is he. The girl,scared,points at a random direction. After the ghost goes away,she quickly turns around and goes in the opposite direction. In the panels where the thing crawls towards the screen she is saying "HE WASN'T THERE"

After that,the girl faints, so at least she doesn't die

Also it seems this is all based in a Korean urban legend
    Anyone interested in that kind of folklore and legend should read Vulgar Ghost Daydream, by the way. Good manga.
    It is totally the worst thing. It ignores the conventional boundaries of the medium just to fuck with you! 

I don't think 'adds animation to it' counts as ignoring the conventional boundaries of a webcomic so much as it means blending seperate mediums to produce a different experience.
    Either way, it was extremely clever. That's the point.
  • I must admit, after finally giving it a look, It really is clever ^_^

Either way, it was extremely clever. That's the point. 

I'll agree it was clever. Damned much so.

I just disagree that it was scary.
  • edited 2011-08-27 05:27:42
    It messed with our expectations though, since we thought the boundaries were one thing when they were really further out there.

It was just chillingly scary and the translation makes it even worse. If I were that girl I'd rather have died than lived to remember that honestly. x////x;;

^ It was scary to us though. ><;; There's nothing really to disagree on. You're just braver and stuff. o///o
  • Cygan is made of sterner stuff than us, apparently. D:
  • Actually, one thing I thought was cool was if I met a ghost like that... that means if I did die, I could become a ghost like that ^vv^
    It messed with our expectations though, since we thought the boundaries were one thing when they were really further out there.

More fool you.

More seriously, it was pretty good (although still limited in scope, only being able to exist in a format where you can see animation while expecting to see purely text-and-graphics based stuff). I just disagree that it was scary. It was shocking, yeah- but shocking like a jump scare; it was not the content that was particularly scary (although I guess the image could be), but the format it took to do it, which was very unexpected and shocking.

And while I guess the unexpectedness of it may scare you, I just disagree to the notion that it is, itself, scary. Unexpected, which may lead you to be scared- but not scary itself.

Cygan is made of sterner stuff than us, apparently. D:

Apparently so.

That's pretty lame though.

You should all feel ashamed.

Ashamed.
  • edited 2011-08-27 05:41:03
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I'd rather rock into Mordor than have that experience.
    And now you're just being ridiculous.
    I mean, literally.

Like, between meeting that ghost and Mordor, in real life? I choose Mordor. Fuck ghosts.
This discussion has been closed.