If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

INUH's impressions on Pokemon (Black and Ruby)

Comments

• edited 2011-08-04 23:26:47
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Impression 273: Caught a Heatmor. Named him Vermi.

Impression 274: Ghosts are weak to Ghost? Stupid obscure type combos...

Impression 275: YES. DOCTOR. Doctors are awesome.

Impression 276: Argh...got lost. I'm really bad at this sort of area.

Impression 277: Oh, those two slides go to different places. Got it.

Impression 278: I reached the Pokemon league. Because this generation is awesome,
    the league is a huge castle.

Impression 279: Bought 27 full restores. That should cover it.

Impression 280: Fun fact: the odds of catching Terrakion at 1 HP in a dark area while
    it's asleep with a dusk ball are 9%.

Impression 281: Caught Terrakion. All pre-Elite Four legendaries present and accounted for.

Impression 282: Bought 24 revives. That'll do, I guess. Might as well make a first attempt
    now and see what I'm up against.

Impression 283: Ooh, you get to pick the order. Nice.

Impression 284: One of them uses fighting. That should be the easiest fight, so I'll go
    after him/her first.

Impression 285: A weird...minecart...drill...spiral...thing. And I thought the gyms
    were weird.

Impression 286: Once again, the Elite Four are using Full Restores in suitably annoying
    fashion.

Impression 287: Heh, the only one of his Pokemon that got to hit me was just
    barely
    too weak to OHKO Mazca.

Impression 288: I'll go for Ghost-type next, because why not.

Impression 289: Holy shit levitated by a ghost. And I thought the minecart was weird.

Impression 290: Whoa, Shauntal looks really creepy in her overworld smile, but when you get
    a closer look, she has a silly smile...

Impressioin 291: Her Cofagrigus is, so far, the only enemy that poses a threat.

Impression 292: FUCKING FULL RESTORES.

Impression 293: Her other Pokemon, though, are all pathetic due to easily-exploited
    subtypes.

Impression 294: “I'm really sorry you had a bad experience because of me!” Heh. Heheh.

Impression 295: I'm surprised it took me until now to wonder...what the hell is the
    statue supposed to be?

Impression 296: Next up: Psychic elite.

Impression 298: Getting levitated was less surprising this time.

Impression 299: She's...asleep? Do your damn job, lady.

Impression 300: There are hearts. Growing out of the ends of her hair. What.

Impression 301: Annnnd...two-shotted. So much for Menes.

Impression 302: FUCK THUNDER CAN HIT POKEMON USING FLY. Leda's down.

Impression 303: FUCKING FULL RESTORES.

Impression 304: Fire Blast?! What is this thing, the Avatar?

Impression 305: Right, I'm on my last Pokemon, and it's Cobalion, but I can take
    this...what? Another full restore? Fuck...

Impression 306: I actually managed to get it to repeatedly flinch long enough to get it
    into the red, surprisingly. And...then I lost.

Impression 307: Eh, could've been worse for a first attempt. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Switching out Cobalion would be a good start, I think.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Fixed the formatting on that last post. It needed it. I'll stop copypasting from openoffice now.
  • She's doing a better job of doing her job than she did in Platinum, she just got her butler to fight you there. >.>
    Huh?

-looks her up-

Oh, got it. I never really bothered with the Battle Frontier.
  • Yeah. Me either.

...Although I haven't actually played any of the Sinnoh games other than for a couple of challenge runs, so that's to be expected I guess.
    For me, it's more of a matter of not having gotten around to it. I only started playing Pokemon again around the start of April.
    Impression 41: Some girl just offered to trade me a MAKUHITA that apparently has an embarrassing name for my SLAKOTH, which, unknown to her, also has an embarrassing name.

Impression 42: MAKUHITA is named MAKIT...not that bad, other than oh god why does it have to be all caps?
    Impression 43: MAKIT was holding an X ATTACK. You know, in the almost 400 hours of play since I started playing again in April, I don't think I've ever once used an in-battle stat booster item.

Impression 44: DEVON CORPORATION is a large building with a guy blocking the doorway to get past the front desk, so I'll probably be heading back there at some point.

Impression 45: ROXANNE apparently uses ROCK-type POKeMON. It is the epitome of clever puns.

Impression 46: I'd really rather use MAKIT, but he's only level 5, so I'll just mow everything down with JIRACHI.

Impression 47: After fighting one enemy, MAKIT is level 7. I guess I'll give him a shot.

Impression 48: Aaand...he doesn't have any FIGHTING-type moves. Of course.

Impression 49: Whoa, I'd better be careful. JIRACHI took three whole points of damage from that last attack.

Impression 50: MAKIT learned ARM THRUST, so I'll give him a shot in the battle with ROXANNE.

Impression 51: "RUSTBORO POKeMON GYM LEADER" is the longest string of capitalized words I've seen thus far, although "POKeMON" is as usual doing its weird "all caps but one letter" thing.

Impression 52: That's right, GEODUDE. Just keep using nothing but DEFENSE CURL. It's a very effective strategy.

Impression 53: Aw, fuck, MAKIT hit level 11 and won't obey because I don't have my first badge. I think that's the first time that's actually happened to me.

Impression 54: And...JIRACHI's level 11 too. Great. Horus, it's all up to you...a FIRE-type...against a ROCK-type. Great.

Impression 55: Horus and Tanu are down. This isn't gonna be good...

Impression 56: Hey, JIRACHI actually listened a few times. Maybe this could work...

Impression 57: Fuck she used a POTION.

Impression 58: And another one. Why are you toying with me, ROXANNE?

Impression 59: JIRACHI used WISH on its own. Got lucky.

Impression 60: JIRACHI ignored orders! JIRACHI used REST! INUH used FACEPALM!

Impression 61: I somehow won through blind luck. MAKIT and JIRACHI will obey me for the next 8 levels.

Impression 62: A TEAM MAGMA GRUNT just ran by. Apparently, he stole a guy's GOODS. I can only assume they're referred to by such a vague description because the ESRB didn't want Nintendo to include drug use in a kid's game.

Impression 63: Caught a TAILLOW. Named him Bellagio.

Impression 64: W-wha...MAKIT's not obeying me...-checks Bulbapedia- MAKIT and JIRACHI won't obey me until I get the next badge?! Fuck...

Impression 65: I think that lovely revelation's enough to make me call it a night.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Impression 283: Ooh, you get to pick the order. Nice.

Yup.

To be fair, I don't think many Trainers actually ever reach the Elite Four.
  • The first time I challenged the elite 4, I had my Jellicent and my Krookodile against the psychic lady.

Thunder and energy ball.

Lots of fun. 

I grinded like hell after that.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Krokodile should have owned, though.

Dig + Crunch + Embargo/Mud Slap + Earthquake + Huge Attack stat + 92 Speed + immunity to Electric = it wrecks her...
  • Well, I had foul play during that time, before I changed it. Also, still weak to Energy Ball and Focus Blast.
    Dig.

Reuniclus is extremely slow and only has 75 Defence. Krookodile has over 110 Attack, which is boosted by STAB and perhaps even Dark Glasses.
  • My pokémon were severly under leveled, plus, Krooky is a bit fragile when it comes to taking hits.
    Krookodile was at least Level 40.

And you misunderstand. When I say Reuniclus is slow, I mean it has a third of Krookodile's speed. Less than a third.
  • ...so I got one or two hits in first, but then it still was taken down. Plus, I suck at pokémon. I don't see what the big deal is.
    I am trying to tell you how you could have done better, so you can do better in future situations...

At Level 50, Krookodile is expected to have around 109-185 Attack. So, a Level 50 Krookodile, on average, should have around 145 Attack. 4/5ths of that is 120, so you should have had at least 120 Attack, versus Renuiclus' expected Defence of about 100. Calculate in Krookodile's STAB bonus for it, dealing 50% extra damage, the fact that Kaitlin only has about a 60% chance of using the super-effective attacks, and that he's invulnerable while digging and strikes first, and you've basically got a good chance at taking Renuicus down on its' own.

Or, you know, just Crunch it to death.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    If you think Marshall is easy now (he is), just wait till you fight his round 2 version. Fucking Stone Edge...
  • What annoyed me was Earthquake, cause my main psychic is Metagross. I rarely ever see Stone Edge, actually.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Doesn't Metagross have Levitate?
  • No. Bronzong does. Metagross has Clear Body. 
  • Marshall's not that bad...I swept him with a Steelix. :D

Fun fact: Gyro Ball after 6 curses doesn't care if about this "not very effective" business.
    Continuing this now.

I beat the Elite Four while away from my computer, so I'll have to shorten that. 

Impression 308: Spent ages grinding Priona the Liepard for use against the psychogirl.

Impression 309: Realized the stuff the Elite Four say before fighting you is referring to N. Shit.

Impression 310: Beat the Elite Four. Nothing especially noteworthy happened except Leda learning Brave Bird, making the rest of the attempt even easier. Didn't even use the Liapard.

Impression 311: Time to fight the champion...or not. Hi, N.

Impression 312: HOLY SHIT GIANT CASTLE WHAT.

Impression 313: So...nobody noticed a massive construction project in the back yard of the most famous building of the country?

Impression 314: Ooh, I get to heal.

Impression 315: Heard N's backstory. This just in: Ghetsis being a massive douchebag isn't a recent development.

Impression 316: Apparently, Team Plasma used forced Pokemon labor to build the castle. Good to see the plot still isn't allowed to have more than one sympathetic villain.

Impression 317: Oh, hi, Ghetsis. Move over, I'm just here for N.

Impression 318: Um...now would be a good time for Reshiram to show up.

Impression 319: Ooh, 3D cutscene. There's Zekrom. Still no Reshiram. I knew I shouldn't have gone for the discount Light Stone.

Impression 320: Oh, hi, Reshiram. About damn time.

Impression 321: Caught Reshiram. Named him Reshiram, because that's his name.

Impression 322: Thanks for the heal, N.

Impression 323: Zekrom's higher-level than Reshiram. Naturally.

Impression 324: Apparently, level doesn't mean much here. Maybe I misread "25" as "52?"

Impression 325: Carracosta went down easily.

Impression 326: As did Vanillish, Archeops, Klinklang -- wait no that's a Zoroark -- and the actual Klinklang. Hopefully, Ghetsis won't be quite that easy.

Impression 327: Sad N is sad.

Impression 328: I still don't get how "truth" and "ideals" are different in this context. According to Bulbapedia, they'd be switched if I were playing White.

Impression 329: And then N talks about...chemistry? Okay...

Impression 330: Ghetsis shows up to continue being a douchebag.

Impression 331: In case you missed the news the first time, kids, Ghetsis is not a good guy.

Impression 332: Ooh, nice music.

Impression 333: A Cofagrigus. Not so bad, though it managed to use Toxic on Reshiram.

Impression 334: Bouffalant. Don't have anything supereffective, so I'll use Excadrill.

Impression 335: That wasn't the best idea I've ever had. I'll go with...Leda.

Impression 336: It knows an electric move?! What the fuck?!

Impression 337: Took it out with Opheo. He leveled.

Impression 338: Oh, crap, a Hydreigon's next.

Impression 339: Level 54...that's lower than I expected...and...yep, he's cheating. Apparently, it's not just random matchup where you occasionally see hackmons. Asshole.

Impression 340: Fuck, I was kinda hoping it'd be slower than Reshiram, not faster.

Impression 341: Leda, maybe? No, no, that didn't work, though she at least did damage.

Impression 342: Got Cofagrigus out long enough to max revive a few mons.

Impression 343: Opheo, maybe? Huh. grass isn't very effective. Stupid type combos I never remember.

Impression 344: Reshiram at full health this time. Barely survived Dragon Pulse and took it out.

Impression 345: Seismitoad's next. Really regretting losing Opheo now. Sent Leda, who lasted long enough to revive and heal him, making the fight much easier.

Impression 346: Eelektross? Can't hurt it with Earthquake, but I guess Talp the Excadrill will do.

Impression 367: Or it could know flamethrower, forcing me to finish it off with Nazca.

Impression 368: Bisharp should lose to Reshiram pretty easily, unless it knows Dragon Pulse or some shit.

Impression 369: Or Stone Edge. That would also be bad. Didn't quite KO me, though, so I'm just going to use Hyper Potions until it's used it five times.

Impression 370: It didn't bother using Stone Edge again. Apparently it likes getting Fusion Flared.

Impression 371: Victory!

Impression 372: Ghetsis, if you use the word "perfect" one more time, I will have Reshiram punch you. It will hurt.

Impression 373: Alder and Cheren feel the need to point out how pathetic Ghetsis is even though I just demonstrated it more practically.

Impression 374: N explains why I'm the main character and releases Zekrom...wait, can I have him instead? Pleeease? No? Aww...

Impression 375: Damn, this version doesn't save before the credits, so I can't just turn the system off to skip them.

Impression 376: Yes, i get it, you made a 3D model of Zekrom. That doesn't mean it has to be the only thing in the credits.

Impression 377: THE END. Seems like an appropriate time to take a break and post this.
    mpression 324: Apparently, level doesn't mean much here. Maybe I misread "25" as "52?"

But... You catch Reshiram at Level 50...
  • edited 2011-08-17 20:32:29
    My point was that Zekrom was apparently at level 52, but lost badly to my level 50 Reshiram.
    In that case, the numbers should have been swapped.

I don't think a 2-level difference really means all that much when you're in the higher levels.
  • edited 2011-08-17 20:35:18
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Which is weird because my Zekrom lost like a total bitch to N's Reshiram.

*sigh* I wish I bought Black.
    And that Hydreigon still owns Reshiram like a bitch if you're not careful.
  • edited 2011-08-17 20:38:56
    ^^^What I was trying to say was that clearly it must have said "25" for Zekrom's level, while I could have sworn it was "52."

^^What annoys me is that Zekrom looks much cooler, but is evidently weaker.

^Oh, yeah. Big time. I used up quite a few revives while that thing was out.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Offensively, Reshiram is stronger. Dragon/Fire is unresisted by everything except Heatran, and Focus Blast takes care of it easily.
    ^^^What I was trying to say was that clearly it must have said "25" for Zekrom's level, while I could have sworn it was "52."

But that's not really true :/