If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

INUH's impressions on Pokemon (Black and Ruby)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Yeah, but consider Tate and Eliza.

Wait Ruby not Emerald

nevermind you're all set
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Impression 10: Torchic shall be known as Horus.

You should keep an eye on it, lest it betrays you to the Dark Gods and takes half your team with it.

• edited 2011-08-02 22:36:35
    -opens Bulbapedia-

Wow....they're...They did know that Solrock's a physical attacker, right?

Actually, thinking about what they did with Skyla's team, they don't pay any attention to that sort of thing. >.>
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    And yet they murder everyone regardless.
  • Not so much in Ruby and Sapphire though...Maybe it's just Claydol's earthquaking that's the problem? Or at least, not that Solrock.
    It's Claydol's Earthquake and their damned Psychic attacks.
  • Yeah...that'd explain it. If I remember their team correctly Claydol's the only one with good stats...then again I'm pretty sure the only thing I remember about Lunatone is that its Moemon sprite is terrifying.
    They have a good moveset, too.

Psychic will wreck anyone not prepared for it.
  • Yeah. I still don't see why the developers do things like all special Solrock or all physical Swoobat though, it strikes me as a little odd.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Impression 258: Caught Virizion. Just a short playsession because I wanted to do it while I could still use Dusk Balls.
    @Neo_Crimson: Umm...I got farther than last time, but then the WFC completely dropped me.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    No prob, just try again.
    And...again. I think this isn't going to work.

On the 19th, I'll move into my college. It has the second-best internet connection on the continent. Wanna try then?
  • edited 2011-08-03 20:04:06
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'll be at my college by then too. I'm not sure if I can get my 3DS to connect to the network.. But it's worth a shot.
    Impression 259:Route 10 is just covered with randomly-dropped items. Do people here just not pay attention or something?

Impression 260:Oh, wait, they're Foonguses. Foongi? Well, either way, I should've seen this coming.

Impression 261: Caught a Vullaby. Named her Cathy.

Impression 262: Ooh, Audinos heal me now!

Impression 263: Caught a Bouffalant. Named him Habbo.

Impression 264: Ohai Cheren and Bianca.

Impression 265: Cheren battled me. Bianca gave me several max revives. I know who I'm giving a better Christmas present this year.

Impression 266: And then they talk about how people are all different. Yes, game, I get the Aesop.

Impression 267: Some random guy gave me a Dusk Stone. Thanks, Some Random Guy.

Impression 268: The Badge Check Gates are appropriately grand.

Impression 269: And I said that last bit before I got to the bit where you walk on air.

Impression 270: I generally hate Victory road, but this one looks quite different.

Impression 271: Caugh a Durant. Named her Forma.

Impression 272: I like the ecosystem thing they do with Durant and Heatmor. Shows that the devs for the series are trying to make the world more interesting. It's been a consistent trend, and I definitely approve.
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    "Impression 244: Roamers are harder to track down in Gen. V."

Actually, it's a lot easier this gen.  The roamers stick to certain areas depending on the time of day.  Plus the signs in the lookout stations tell you where they are.
  • edited 2011-08-03 22:53:22
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ah, I didn't know the first bit. Although you could see where they were just by checking the map in Gen II-IV (which admittedly didn't make much sense).
    Impression 270: I generally hate Victory road, but this one looks quite different.

They have those Doctors, too, so...
    Oh...yeah, that's going to be a massive improvement.
    And because Strength-moved boulders are moved permanently, you can make shortcuts if you need to double back for anything.

IIRC, you can even Fly directly there. 
    Wow, the devteam put some effort into removing the more annoying aspects for gen V.
    Yes. This game feels a lot better to play. There's always something happening or you're always doing something or working towards something, so the game never feels draggy. And once you complete it, much of the initial length is reduced due to you having shortcuts enabled/having battled the Trainers.

And on routes with lots of Trainers and strong-ish Pokemon, there's doctors so you don't have to run all the way back to a Pokemon Center.

It's a lot less annoying than previous games.
  • edited 2011-08-03 23:27:09
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm actually playing Ruby right this moment, and you can really tell the difference.
    I'm playing Emerald too. I keep wanting to go back to Black.
    Impression 24: Shops don't tell you how many of the thing you're buying you have D:

Impression 25: My DAD is the GYM LEADER at the PETALBURG GYM. He wants me to teach a guy named WALLY how to catch POKeMON.

Impression 26: WALLY caught a RALTS. He neglected to give his RALTS a name because he's the sort of person who names his pets after their species.

Impression 27: I don't get to fight DAD yet, because that wouldn't be climactic.

Impression 28: WALLY's dad (not to be confused with DAD) told me that WALLY is sick, so they had him walk through wilderness infested with dangerous POKeMON to VERDANTURF TOWN. WALLY's dad is a douchebag.

Impression 29: Some guy on the beach was wondering what the bottom of the sea is like. Too bad the game doesn't let you shove people into the water.

Impression 30: When I RUN from a fight, I have this weird urge to tap the bottom of my GBA SP. Stupid muscle memory.

Impression 31: Just fought a guy with 6 level 3 WURMPLEs. Four of them wouldn't use moves other than STRING SHOT

Impression 32: Caught a SLAKOTH. Named him Brad.

Impression 33: Wait, fuck. Brad's a girl.

Impression 34: Met my first TEAM MAGMA GRUNT. Unfortunately, he was using a POOCHYENA, making JIRACHI ineffective.

Impression 35: The GRUNT kindly informed me that TEAM MAGMA has plans in RUSTBORO.

Impression 36: Gen III CASCOON barely looks different from SILCOON.

Impression 37: Apparently, if I take bug POKeMON to school, I can become popular. You know, I think if I showed up at school with a SCYTHER, that probably would impress people.

Impression 38: Whoa, the CUT trees look different.

Impression 39: Horus finally learned EMBER.

Impression 40: Reached RUSTBORO CITY. It's late, so I'm gonna stop here.
  • @Impression 36: What are you talking about? CASCOON is way purpler than SILCOON
    He's a lot paler than in later generations, and I'm not used to it.
  • Now that you mention it, and now that I'm looking at the sprites, yeah, it is a bit paler.
    Yeah, but not as much as I thought. Might just be the difference between my DS screens and my GBA screen.
  • I used to think that Makuhita was pink, damn screen.