If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

INUH's impressions on Pokemon (Black and Ruby)

Comments

• edited 2011-07-29 01:25:29
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Impression 166: Cannons? What the hell, Unova.

Impression 167: Beat the flying gym leader while taking only 16 damage in the process. I think I may have overgrinded.

Impression 168: Opheo evolved into Serperior.

Impression 169: Team Plasma are headed for the next city I'm visiting. What a shock.

Impression 170: Holy crap, N showing up out of nowhere. That was a bit more of a surprise.

Impression 171: My Excadrill likes me, so N awarded me with an infodump.

Impression 172: The Champion just casually hopped off a 30 foot cliff. Apparently, his Pokemon aren't the only strong ones.

Impression 173: Surf get. Backtracking time.

Impression 174: Stoutland can learn Surf. Unexpected, but pretty cool.

Impression 176: Not enough Gen V Pokemon learn False Swipe.

Impression 177: Resurrected a Tirtouga. Named him Tu'i.

Impression 178: Restructured my party. Current lineup: Opheo the Serperior, Talp the Drillbur, Magog the Gurdurr, Nazca the Sigiliph, Menes the Yamask and Leda the Ducklett.

Impression 179: Caught a Cubchoo. Named him Chuck.

Impression 180: Team Plasma start talking about the tower where their plans will be completed, then someone walks up to me and starts talking about a tower that's important to the region's mythology. Subtle, writers. Very subtle.
  • edited 2011-07-29 19:09:25
    Impression 181: Caught a Shelmet. Named him Ninus.

Impression 182: Caught a Stunfisk. Named her Nacine.

Impression 183: Two XP shares? They're really serious about reducing grind...

Impression 184: Caught a Mienfoo. Named him Sven.

Impression 185: Ice sliding puzzle? It's kinda weird that this is the most normal Unova gym thus far.

Impression 186: Excadrill is making this pretty easy...wait, fuck, levitating enemies.

Impression 187: The physics behind this puzzle are...odd.

Impression 188: The gym is apparently built on some sort of...grey...void. Okay.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    You want to give trading another go?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Sure. Gimme a minute to switch Pokemon around in the box and stuff.

Impression 189: Menes evolved into "Co***rigus."
    Okay, I'm in the wifi room thing.
    *Notices that it's an hour later.*

OHSHITSORRY.
    Yeah I'm in the Wi-Fi room now too.
    Damn, we have shitty luck.
  • edited 2011-07-31 22:46:37
    I decided to post a bunch of stuff at once instead of editing as I play this time.

Impression 190: Took Deerling to the Seasonal Research Facility since tomorrow will be winter.

Impression 191: Brycen is...really, really easy. Maybe I really did overgrind Excadrill.

Impression 192: Holy crap ninjas.

Impression 193: So I'm heading to the Dragonspiral Tower for reasons related to the plot of the game with the Dragon legendaries. I think things are about to get interesting.

Impression 194: Why won't anything but Mienfoo show up? I want a damn Druddigon.

Impression 195: After quite a bit of time, caught a Druddigon. Named him Gregory.

Impression 196:Wait, so they literally just smashed a hole in the wall?

Impression 197:Dammit, Basculin, stop fainting.

Impression 198:Caught a red-striped Basculin. Named her Betty.

Impression 199:Caught a Golett. Named it Emmett.

Impression 200: I'm guessing it's not good that the tower's shaking?

Impression 201: There should really be a doctor in here.

Impression 202: The floor with all the rings is pretty cool.

Impression 203: 3D scene. Fancy.

Impression 204: Zekrom's pretty cool.

Impression 205: And...N still wants me to stop him. What the hell?

Impression 206: I finally learn about the plot coupon I already knew about because I got spoiled.

Impression 207: Ohai Alder.

Impression 208: Lots of infodumping of stuff I already knew, plus being told Zekrom's type.

Impression 209: Heading to Relic Castle? But I already know the stone's in the museum! Can't I just go there? Please?

Impression 210: Leda evolved into Swanna.

Impression 211: I'm guessing Ghetsis just wants Reshiram, otherwise he wouldn't be encouraging this.

Impression 212: Waitaminute...what was I even there for?!

Impression 213:And now I'm going to the museum. Why didn't I go there in the first place?

Impression 214: The Champion apparently has at least one Pokemon that can learn Fly. Good to know.

Impression 215: Okay, so I've got a handwave, but that still seems kinda dumb, especially since N outright said to go find the light stone.

Impression 216: I can has Reshiram now? :D

Impression 217: No. No, I can't. I have to go get my last badge first because...nobody knows what to do next, and because he uses Dragon pokemon, he obviously knows how to resurrect quasi-divine entities that happen to be dragons.
    Yeah, about this trading thing. How about we set up a time over PM or something?
    Sure. I can't actually do it right this second (I took Black out and put Ace Attorney: Justice for All in), but we really do need to get it done at some point.

Of course, we could wait until I have Vullaby, which should be tomorrow.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Impression 211: I'm guessing Ghetsis just wants Reshiram, otherwise he wouldn't be encouraging this.

He wants N and Zekrom/Reshiram as a figurehead.
  • Oh N. I wish he was still fightable after the game ended. :(
  • edited 2011-08-02 01:35:32
    Impression 218:Huh? Why didn't Deerling change forms for Winter? 

Impression 219:Cryogonal is hard to find. 

Impression 220:Found one, but they have a really low catch rate... 

Impression 221:NOOO! Why did that attack have to crit? 

Impression 222:Caught a Cryogonal. Named it Hrimthurs. 

Impression 223:Whoa, Bianca was not that hard last time. 

Impression 224:Ghetsis revealed that he's actually been a douchebag this whole time. I'm shocked. 

Impression 225:Ghetsis gave another speech, only this time I'm supposed to know it's insincere. 

Impression 226:Iris and Drayden actually know about the legendary dragons. That's good, because it didn't really seem to be anything but a random guess and if they didn't, we'd be screwed. 

Impression 227:The portal on their house is some sort of weird portaley thing. 

Impression 228:So I represent truth, which, because I'm the main character and am going to win, is better than ideals. Had I chosen to buy White, I'd represent ideals, which would be better than truth. Ummm...so morality is determined by your favorite color? 

Impression 229:Annd...they don't know how to wake up Reshiram. Lovely. I don't suppose I could just use an Awakening on the light orb? 

Impression 230:Did Drayden just imply that he was going to throw the match? 

Impression 231:All of the gyms thus far have had designs based on some sort of existing facility. This one, however, chooses to simply be a what the fuck. 

Impression 232:I...can't get out? What. 

Impression 233:And...still no exit route in sight. Worst gym design in Unova, by far. 

Impression 234:Just won a battle entirely because my opponent decided to keep using False Swipe rather than, say, Dragon Claw. 

Impression 235:Leader Drayden sent out Haxorus! INUH used Oh Crap! It's not very effective... 

Impression 236:Actually, that was pretty easy. 

Impression 237:8/8 badges. Awesome. 

Impression 238:So...Reshiram hasn't woken up because it thinks I suck, apparently. 

Impression 239:Almost said “yes” to “do you regret starting out on your journey?” That really shouldn't be the default option. 

Impression 240:FUCK YEAH MASTER BALL. And apparently Tornadus is about to appear. Time to do some legendary collecting...in the morning.
  • 224:Ghetsis revealed that he's actually been a douchebag this whole
    time. I'm shocked.

This one made me lol.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    And...still no exit route in sight. Worst gym design in Unova, by
    far.

?

You can get out of there easy...
  • edited 2011-08-02 01:37:26
    When I tried to backtrack after the halfway point, there was a guy standing on the path back.

Or maybe I'm just tired and got lost.
    I think you got lost...
    Right. There's a reason why I decided to quit playing and go to bed rather than doing the legendary hunting now.

I should probably actually do that now. Night.
    Night.
  • edited 2011-08-02 15:34:45
    So my Colosseum bonus disc arrived today, which means I can get the berry glitch on my copy of Ruby sorted out and start a file. Should I liveblog it too?
    Impression 241: Went to the gate north of Opeleucid and found out about the storm. Awesome. 

Impression 242: An old lady told me about Tornadus. 

Impression 243: And...there he is. He's not going to stick around, though. 

Impression 244: Roamers are harder to track down in Gen. V. 

Impression 245: Found him on Route 5. Threw a master ball. Enough said. 

Impression 246: Entered Mistralton Cave and...yep, this is the obligatory single area you need Flash for. Fun. 

Impression 247: Woobats are now appearing at their intended rate, i.e. a lot. 

Impression 248: Caught an Axew. Named him Hadro. 

Impression 249: Reached the “Guidance Chamber.” A guy told me about Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion. I have to show them that people are trustworthy by beating them to a pulp and kidnapping them. 

Impression 250: That is an awesome battle transition. And good music, too. 

Impression 251: Crap. Got greedy, let him faint. Reset time! 

Impression 252: Fucking catch rate 3 mons...  

Impression 253: Ha! Caught him on the last Dusk Ball! 

Impression 254: Time to go find the other two. 

Impression 255: You know how my Deerling didn't change forms yesterday? Well, it did today...what. Well, I took it by the Seasonal Research place. 

Impression 256: The fact that most Pokemon evidently have overworld sprites just makes me more annoyed that they removed the “following” mechanic from HG/SS. 

Impression 257: Hmmm...it's easier to catch stuff at night. I think I'll wait until then to go fight Virizion. For now, I suppose I'll start that Ruby file and grab Jirachi.
    Well, I got started on Ruby, and I decided that rather than making a separate thread, I'd do both here.

Impression 1: “The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur.” Lovely. Well, I'll get that fixed up in a moment. I'd been planning to buy the bonus disc anyway. 

Impression 2: I feel the need to preserve some record of the guy who had this before me: “Player: Ash; Pokedex: 40; Time: 36:01 Badges: 8” 

Impression 3: The professor this time is Birch. They should really throw us a curveball sometime and name the professor “Bob.” 

Impression 4: Whoa, this isn't a bedroom. That's different. 

Impression 5: Set the clock, for what good that will do. 

Impression 6: Met MAY. Because this is an older-gen game, her name is ENTIRELY CAPITALIZED. 

Impression 7: Professor Birch is kinda pathetic. 

Impression 8: Picked Torchic because I have the Treecko line from Heartgold. 

Impression 9: That was the easiest first battle in the entire series. 

Impression 10: Torchic shall be known as Horus. 

Impression 11: Have access to the Pokemon Center. Now would be a good time to grab Jirachi. 

Impression 12: Wait, no, gotta get the Pokedex first. 

Impression 13: Kicked Mudkip's ass and leveled. Yay. 

Impression 14: Got the Pokedex. Now I'll get Jirachi. 

Impression 15: “Unable to update Berry Program.” D: 

Impression 16: On the other hand, I have Jirachi, so at least there's that. That's a pretty awesome upside. 

Impression 17: Mom gave me the Running Shoes. Is this the earliest you can get them in any of the games? 

Impression 18: Caught a Zigzagoon. Named him Tanu. 

Impression 19: Some guy made me follow him to the Pokemart. But he gave me a potion, so it's okay. 

Impression 20: Ran into a Poochyena, but given that I have one on Heartgold already and it could barely hurt a Zigzagoon a level below it, I'll pass. 

Impression 21: Something this guy said to me implies that Pokemon trainers are legally obligated to accept all challenges. That...makes a lot of sense, actually, given that the game won't let you decline. 

Impression 22: Forgot Jirachi couldn't hurt Poochyena. How embarrassing. 

Impression 23: Arrived in Petalbug. Good time to take a break.
    Ran into a Poochyena

I'll pass.

>:|
    It was level 4 and could barely damage my level 3 Zigzagoon. I think it might have had really crappy IVs or something.
  • Also Poochyena's terrible in Gen 3. >.>
    Ah shit, I forgot about the trade thing again. How about tomorrow at 8 PM?
    Ah, I guess you missed my second comment on the wall-post-thingy. My parents took me out to dinner tonight, so I couldn't be there. But yeah, tomorrow should be good.
    Mightyena's fairly good.

Absol is better, I'll give it that.
  • Yeah, but Houndoom was the only dark type with enough special attack to make any real use of dark type moves before 4th gen.