If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Virulent Hatred Thread

Comments

• edited 2011-02-12 16:29:17
    Yet another thing that fucks with me:

Confusing Risk with Punishment/Consequence
    Being a Firefighter that has the house collapse on you and kill you does NOT count as a punishment for being a fucking firefighter. He didn't "have it coming" and it was not something that merits "Well that's what he gets for being a firefighter" like it's a well deserved judgment for doing his job and trying to help people. People who believe this should be punched in the fucking face. That's the risk you take for being a fucking moron.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I have never met someone who thought like that, but if I did, I'd be very tempted to kick him in the nuts and say "that's what you get for talking to people who might disagree with you."
  • So, am I reading this right, are these the same kinds of people who thought Steve Irwin "had it coming" or are these guys even dumber?
  • Both, really. In high school, all of the tech classes were filled with these fucks. The teacher would have internet news (CNN and the like) up on the projection board and we would talk about it in the first 5 minutes until the teacher was prepared, and this one group of students who aced the class would sit there and play Warcraft III while commenting on how everything was horrible, and everyone sucked. Guess what they did whenever miners being trapped, a fire happened or any other disaster covered by the news came up?
  • Typical snarky high school students, it seems.  If there's one thing I've enjoyed about getting older, it's that I don't have to put up with people like that anymore.
  • edited 2011-02-13 03:01:13
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "Guess what they did whenever miners being trapped, a fire happened or any other disaster covered by the news came up?"

A bunch of angry peers on the verge of beating the crap out of them?
  • Yeah, two of them did get hurt over that, but since I was the loudest one about them getting the shit beat out of them over it, I got in trouble for it even though I wasn't the one who slammed the locker door on their hands and ran away. Which pissed me off because I was out of school for 2 weeks for no reason at all. I didn't even try to hurt them. :/
  • "Punish everyone in sight" seems to be a common default setting for school officials who don't care enough to actually assess the situation.  Come to think of it, that's something I virulently hate.
    That's why I liked going to private schools. Reasonable officials.
  • Is it weird RTL that most of the things you think about, your likes and dislikes, and your views on a lot of things I was involved in, I think of as Old Shame for me?
  • edited 2011-02-13 00:38:21
    ^^ Ah, how I love the Reasonable Authority Figure trope.  I honestly can't stand school officials who do stupid crap in general, and could probably fill an entire thread with just that.

^ Not really, great minds think alike and all that.  Do you have any specific instances?
  • edited 2011-02-13 17:07:31
    Cue-bey
    I'll admit I tend to take a bit of a dim view of people who regularly take huge risks. Its just one of those things I don't understand.

Also, it sounds like people at your school were rather violent. Using violence against people like that just convinces them of how right they are. Maybe my school was just anomalously peaceful. I can only remember there being 2 actual fights at my school.
  • edited 2011-02-13 18:17:15
    The school I go to kind of just gave up on the whole "smash down on all bullying, fighting and sexual harassment" since no student except for a small minority seemed to report it, it's all "handle your own problems" kind of thing. We like to call it the dysfunction junction, although very few people even know what a "dysfunction" is.
  • edited 2011-02-13 18:44:05
    I hate the fact that all the other guys here appear to be straight.
    Sorry; can't help it.
  • edited 2011-02-13 18:39:09
    You needn't apologize, Inu.  God loves all of her children, after all, even her straight ones.
  • Why do you hate the fact? Not enough diversity?
  • edited 2011-02-13 18:43:08
    Not enough diversity, not enough people that I have something in common with, not enough people to respond positively when I hit on them.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I am slightly amused at your referring to "God", who is traditionally identified as male, but then referring to God with female pronouns.
  • The idea of God having a gender never made sense to me, personally.
  • edited 2011-02-13 18:49:50
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Have you ever seen Dogma?
  • There are always the transgendered ones.

They would love to be flattered by talking with a boy and being treated like a girl.
  • @Glenn: I was actually quoting a pro-gay rights sign, BTW.

@Tno: Really?  Let's give that a try.

Hey Centie, you're looking cute today!
  • I honestly don't mind being hit on by gay guys, despite being straight. It's not like I'm gonna be offended.
  • Well, I'm bi(sexual/curious), but not into BDSM.

So there.
  • O hai Trash and Anonus.  You guys are cute too.
  • Am I kawaii desu ne~~~
  • ^^I am?

I never thought of myself as alluring in any way.
  • edited 2011-02-13 19:09:09
    I wish more girls were willing to fight to solve their problems or get out their aggression nowadays. I heard that outside of my county that girls will backstab each other, give the cold shoulder and deny priveliges to their enemies in school, and go "oh, I didn't do that/It wasn't me/Why would you think I did that?", and be non aggressive bitches, rather than punch a bitch in the face or rip her clothes up. I get the whole need for psychological warfare and how attacking the mind is a good way to hurt people, but after watching Mean Girls, I was wondering and befuddled why they weren't ripping each other's hair out or kneeing each other in the faces. They had the resources and manpower to take down whoever they didn't like, and the influence over others who were stronger than they were, why didn't they take advantage of that? They just did the head tilt and bitchess' exhale of disapproval and moved along. It felt too wholesome and fake to make me feel like that people ACTUALLY act like that, they are a lot more violent and petty, with the whole "we only go to Juvie for a day for punching them in the face, as opposed to going to jail".

God damn it. It's not like I'm encouraging everyone else to live my life, so I can find other people to relate to, but really, don't waste your time to neutral grudges and get to the fucking point. It would make movies and fiction a lot more interesting and realistic.
  • edited 2011-02-13 19:12:10
    ^^^ Nope.

Hi RTL!