If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Virulent Hatred Thread

edited 2011-02-10 15:23:43 in IJBM meta
It's kind of like Random Complaints, but different. This is where you talk about things you hate and how much you hate them, subtlety, logic and coherence is completely optional.

Impress and awe people with your negativity, or gain some sympathy of how said things wronged you.

Hate snow? Write about it. Think Glee is shit? Write about it. Hate your job as a Graphic Designer? Write about it here.

Don't forget the golden rules.

Comments

• I hate being miserable.
  • I hate when my mom walks in while I'm masturbating.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    "Hate snow? Write about it. Think Glee is shit? Write about it. Hate your job as a Graphic Designer? Write about it here."

Two of these three  things bother me. Invisible apple to whoever guesses which two.
  • What do you have against graphic design?

They make pretty pictures.
    No, actually it was the snow and Glee.
  • Damn it. I'm so miserable it clouds my insight.

And that's making me even more miserable.
    Clearly. The solution is suicide.
  • Graphic Designing is one of the most mindfuckingly boring jobs I've ever shadowed (for 6 weeks I add), especially for ubercreative people. If you are good at putting a blue background and italics to a company's title, thats fine. Otherwise, 80% of your ideas will be shot down and rejected, everytime. And not only that, you are swamped with offers for making supercreative designs that usually end up being flyers printed out on printer paper and taped to business windows.
    Ouch.
  • I found being a Game Art Artist or Concept Artist for most movie companies to be far more refreshing, even though it's dominated by a few people and almost impossible to wiggle into (unless the dominant artists happen to die, thats the only time they will ever let someone into the circle of "come up with awesome designs for this new movie")
    Interesting.

Also, we're going into an activity lapse. Given how young this forum is. That's dangerous.
  • Clearly we must revive it quickly.

I shall leap upon the task with spike-studded boots.
  • We need to start a fire? 

I loved Lost's ending, it was so emotionally engaging and character driven. I don't care that it didn't answer anything since that's not what lost is about. 
    IJBM: Donkey Kong.

He's always seemed like the odd-one-out as far as Nintendo goes. And I just don't like him.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    It'll be cause DK with the tie is British.  All the other Nintendo stars are Japanese. [wmg]
    What'chu talkin' 'bout, boy? Sonic the Hedgehog is clearly a Cali Boi.
  • I thought Metroid's Samus Is a Girl shit was a crappy attempt at trying to make the game good.
    Metroid is pretty terrible, game wise.

I'm told the plot is interesting, but I never looked into it.
  • I hate when my mom walks in while I'm masturbating.
  • Fuck the following people in the ass with a rusty hunting knife:
    People who commit suicide
    People who subscribe to the  "humans are bastards" philosophy
    Hypocrites
    People who would rather save one person they care about than many strangers
    People who don't try to solve their problems
    People who give up
    People who use something like aspergers or DPD as an excuse to be a cunt
    People who are better than me at anything
    People who wear Che shirts without realizing a) how backwards and misguided it is and b) Che was a war criminal whose entire philosophy runs counter to their's
    People who wear Mao shirts/paraphernalia
    Hipsters

• Suicide is cowardly, I agree with that. Plus, nobody worthy of note killed themselves.

• edited 2011-01-09 01:46:32
    (void)
    Kurt Cobain is incredibly unimportant.

inb4 Courtney Love
  • I was thinking more along the lines of Hitler, most teenage girls in the news and Heath Ledger, but okay.
  • Is this the guess-which-two-things-out-of-three-the-troper's-talking-about thread?
  • Not sure...it could be.
  • edited 2011-01-09 05:19:04
    Clean your room little Billy

What other unimportant people committed suicide? Let's see...Ernest Hemingway, Sylvia Plath, Marilyn Monroe (arguably), Hunter S. Thompson...Socrates if you go back far enough. No great loss, none of them.

I have an inveterate loathing of excessively judgemental people, especially if paired with bigotry, stupidity or blind self-righteousness. I myself am probably too tolerant, mind. Well, more accurately it's half apathy, half vengeful bloodlust so OTT I can't take it seriously. I ain't no good guy.

What I do like, however, is compulsively editing my posts.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.
    "Kurt Cobain is incredibly unimportant."

QFT
  • I'm pretty sure it's been shown Heath Ledger didn't commit suicide.
    I thought that he OD'd on somethingorather.