If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Twilight

12346»

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I forget...how to aliens see? Do they use that cyst pheremone in nodes to find things like on the AVPEx game?
  • edited 2011-07-11 20:05:22
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    But that's a cheaty poker face. D:

^ The answer to most Alien questions is "we don't know". Some people think pheromones. Some people think electromagnetic signals.
    For being efficient monstrous killing machines symbolic of the violation of the race they are destroying and utilizing for themselves. (I'm less involved with the source material than I should be, because I have only watched the movies and read one comic).

thats the laconic. I can't think of the main reason in great detail why I like them though.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    The bio-organic sexiness that seeps through due to Giger?
  • edited 2011-07-11 20:10:45
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Skip the comics, they're terribad.

^ It doesn't seep through, it's part of the whole point. The Alien is supposed to be a symbol of sexual violation, because it reduces all of its victims to disposable breeders by force.
  • You can change. You can.
    The movies are that source material...
    ^^
    Yeah seep was undoubtedly the wrong word.

It is forceful bio organic sexuality.

Yes, that too, which is why I think they appeal to me visually too. It's kind of like when you are natural survival to other creatures, how bears hunt for fish, eagles eat fish, and lions eat zebras, stuff like that. Xenomorphs are unparalleled when it comes to environmental domination. Their queen is heavily armored and taller than most living things, and able to trample, stomp and impale mostly anything that comes along to it (except for bipedal creatures with artificial tools and what not). It can lay eggs that don't need it's attention since they almost instantly develop a facehugger inside that is capable of spreading the embryo to any creature in the current area that it needs.

The embryo kills it's incubator and begins to grow into a phallic blood-curdling creature with acid for blood, a sensory system that can see things anywhere, agility and endurance, and a hivemind that can relay information across others of it's kin similar to those of ants. They require little food, little air, and little temperature management thanks to their exoskeletons and silicon based organs (i forget where I read that this was the case). Naturally they can dominate any mulesource or foodsource they can find, and overtake the environment as they see fit.

From a civilization standpoint, they can cause a tremendous amount of ruckus, but they aren't capable of building tools, making languages or understanding mathematics, science and philosophy so they still are in the animal stages, but they feel like one of the most effectively devastating organisms to ever exist.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    The whole animal thing is up in the air, because they've shown an understanding of technology.

Which might imply that they're highly intelligent and observant, but uncreative and still working mostly on instinct.
    On the other hand I remember reading an Aliens universe novel where an alien got hit over the head with a saxophone to stop it trying to get in the door of the spaceship.

Most of the fanbase ignores the EU as far as "canon" goes.

And now we know why.
  • edited 2011-07-11 20:18:58
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    they've shown an understanding of technology.

Like...shooting guns, reading maps and piloting machines, or knowing what buttons do and learning things via trial and errror or positive reinforcement?

EU

?
  • edited 2011-07-11 20:20:10
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    It worked and the crew got away with lots of royal jelly, and lolled all the way home imagining the alien playing the blues because the humans got away or something.

^
    European Union
    After all you saw the Giger bars we have here in the EU! :D
    (Expanded Universe really.)
    ^^ EU is "expanded universe", or anything that isn't the films.

As for "understanding technology", they cut the power of the colony in Aliens and the Queen used an elevator.

They also understand human perceptive abilities. In Alien 3, the Alien blew out candles to lure a victim into a dark corridor.
    Oh, okay now I know what you mean. I had the image of a bipedal xeno holding a laser gun for some reason.
    Needs a cigar.
    I still am not sure if JC's Thing was just an Spacial atrophy or there was a race of those creatures.
     JC's Thing

Just for the record...my thing is a penis.
    ^
    Your penis is spacially atrophied?
    You aren't John Carpenter.
  • edited 2011-07-11 20:48:16
    You can change. You can.
    I dunno. I just saw the initials and I thought it appropiate to clarify...

^How do you know that?
  • edited 2011-07-11 20:48:39
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    " JC's Thing

Just for the record...my thing is a penis."

That movie makes so much more sense now.
    I think the Thing is like a one-off.

Or at least not so much a race as it is a disease.
    The Thing is supposed to be symbolic of Viral warfare as I recall.