If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rottweiler got banned

Comments

• ... Ah, yes, and that. A forumite should be able to treat the place as a fun hobby, not a crippling addiction. The mods don't like being responsible for someone's continued mental health, mostly because they're not trained psychiatrists (as far as I know).
  • ^^ Yes, it is too much to ask when you're so obviously lacking in such an obviously vital skill. It's like a piano player asking people not to bring up the fact that he's completely devoid of limbs.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I don't really remember Rottweiler being too rude in OT. He could be inflammatory, sure, but he almost always had at least some semblance of a good point. 

^ Yes. 
  • I've got no place to go I need to go back I need to get back in there I miss my friends from the fora what few I had. I just can't take it anymore! Also can he still play the piano? As long as he has a means of doing so I don't see the problem.
  • edited 2011-04-23 12:20:03
    Because you never know what you might see.
    To the best of our knowledge, none of the mods are trained psychiatrists, no.  I'm not.  Fighteer isn't.

And Tnu, if you are going to draw attention to yourself like that, you can't stop people from mentioning it, especially if they are actually having trouble understanding you.  It wasn't just your retorts that were rude, it's discourteous to expect people to decipher posts that are poorly punctuated and spelled.  Mashing the piano with your face is not a substitute for playing it.

GLORIOUSLeader, ordinarily Rott isn't rude, no.  In this instance I think a thump was warranted, though.
  • Whatever I just want back in whatever it may take. I'm sick of being cut off.
  • Is there any chance of this ban being lifted?

This one...cannot imagine this place without him. And this is exactly what this one been worried about since the bans became more frequent

This one is not sure if she should stay in good conscience
  • Beholdress you need to fight you need to be aware of what'sgoing on.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Fast Eddie's comment in Hollers at the time made it sound like a temp ban, as did his explanation in the Edit Banned thread.  And it's Rott.  He normally behaves himself.  I think the ban will be lifted.
  • Please i'll do anything just life mine evtntually give me a lighter sentence please!
  • You'll 'do anything'? I suggest getting typing lessons and extensive therapy, then.
  • I promise and maybe not typing lessons but I will run it rhough MS Word before I post so any chance for me?
    Tnu, I can't un-Googleban you.  Only Eddie can do that (and as a matter of fact, the only bans I'm able to lift or administer are edit bans, though I can request that other types be instated/lifted).

I think your best bet, if you want to be allowed back, is to be patient, quit making such a big deal of it, fix your spelling and grammar, and work on not snapping at other people.
  • I promise if I do this willy ou put in a good word  for me to Eddie?
  • edited 2011-04-23 12:35:42
    Dropping your It's All About Me attitude would help.
  • Im very sorry about that good sir or madam. that is something that I would appriciate being called out on.
    Tnu, I gotta be honest with you, I'm not going to put in a good word for you to Eddie until you convince me that you're actually capable of fixing your behaviour.  For instance, please forgive me, but "if I do this willy" doesn't inspire me with confidence.

And even so, I'm not really in a position to make promises.  Eddie sometimes lifts bans when asked, but not always.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    It's like a piano player asking people not to bring up the fact that he's completely devoid of limbs.

HAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA that metaphor was worse than mine concerning Passive Aggressiveness. It's almost impossible to play a piano with no limbs. In Tnu's case, let's say he is a piano player with like, 2 fingers or something.
  • edited 2011-04-23 12:39:30
    Because you never know what you might see.
    ^ Like I said, mashing the keys with your face.

• Actually you guys aren’t exactly far off. I have bad eyes
    and often can't see words and couldn't see them to get the spelling right. I
    have a nasty inclination of not looking when I type and honestly on this forum
    it's worse because I have to run it through word, raise the font to 36 to check
    it, lower it back to 12 and then it always comes out some how in the middle of
    a bunch of indentation.

• edited 2011-04-23 12:50:24
    It's almost impossible to play a piano with no limbs.

In other words, a perfect analogy for tnu trying to use the TV Tropes forum with his current skills and attitude. Hence the ban.
  • edited 2011-04-23 12:58:04
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The thing is that, even if saying "gay history is anal sex LOL" is insensitive, I've seen much worse all over, and hardly anyone has been banned for saying those things. I'll just assume that it was more of a straw that broke the camel's back. 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    In other words, a perfect analogy for tnu trying to use the TV Tropes forum with his current skills and attitude. Hence the ban.

He completed enough words for me to know what they are. The letters were just in wrong places most of the time.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"

Might I suggest using quotes or the @ sign.

• Was that necessary GL? Was essentially calling me a retard strictly
    necessary?

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ Well, I happened to be ninja'd quite a bit, by almost a page, in fact. And I just felt like being a smarmy dickmiller.

I was referring to 

GLORIOUSLeader, ordinarily Rott isn't rude, no.  In this instance I think a thump was warranted, though. 
  • Tnu, please stop it. Honestly, "boohoo I have bad eyes" fuck that see this guy; 

He is blind and he painted that! So excuse me if I'm not sympathetic for your eye problems, hell I am partially sighted and I get on fine. 
  • I really don't think this is a fair argument to make against anyone with a disadvantage.
  • Rott was good about being polite to people on an individual basis (usually, I did holler about a personal attack of his against someone else, once), but had no problem with disparaging large groups of people every time his opinion on them was even vaguely on-topic. This combination generally gives me the impression that the previously mentioned politeness is less than genuine.

The fact that the forum staff is so quick to punish directly targeted personal attacks, but lets disparaging remarks against wide groups that are bound to have members included in the community slide has always been strange to me. (Rott is not the only person guilty of this, of course. But complaints about such have been very common in his case.)

Again, I wouldn't have wished for Rott to be banned, but given his tendency to turn threads he participated in into "Thread about Rott's views", and the sheer number of people who have admitted to having to completely ignore his posts in order to keep themselves from getting in trouble by going off topic, I can understand it.
  • The fact that the forum staff is so quick to punish directly targeted personal attacks, but lets disparaging remarks against wide groups that are bound to have members included in the community slide has always been strange to me. (Rott is not the only person guilty of this, of course. But complaints about such have been very common in his case.

I say it's because the remark isn't personal. Personal attacks make the attckee want to get all aggressive, causing a fight that just ruins everything. Disparaging groups, on the other hand, isn't personally attacking anyone--those part of the group can try to refute the remarks, but one of them isn't being personally picked to be sniped at.

...I didn't explain that well.