If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rottweiler got banned

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    [ko.bar.di'a]
  • I should feel guilty for laughing at that.

I should, but I don't.
    Why guilt? Why not shame? No matter how childlike his remark is, it is no different from what you have done.
  • Can't find it any help?
    O sea awebao, nada que ver.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    NOT SO DIFFERENT

NOT

SO 

DIFFERENT
  • We don't have it on this forum.

That I'm aware of.
  • "The problem is, we don't want to stifle debate or show unfair
    preference.  A disparaging remark about a group with which you identify
    can be just as upsetting as a personal attack, but virtually everybody
    makes disparaging remarks about some group or other.  So we try to judge
    how those remarks are stated - are they intended to rile people up, or
    are they merely opinions?  Maybe we don't always get it right, I dunno. 
    But that's what we aim for."

That does make sense, and I can see how if it was strictly applied a lot of people wouldn't be left on the forums at this point. I guess it just has to wait until a particular troper's number of offenses reaches critical mass before anything can really be done about it.
  • Rottweiler was worse than Tongpu because blah blah blah I can't take the idea that someone has old-fashioned views and prefer a goddamn fucking psychopath to someone who reads Plato blah blah blah
    So, being cultured makes you better person? FUCK THAT SHIT! I am not denying tongpu is a "bad" person, I am irked at the pretentiousness of your statement.
  • edited 2011-04-23 17:29:18
    (void)
    «(Not to mention that the mods can't factor in the existence of the ignore extention into their decisions at all, because it's an extention and not a builtin part of the forum.)»
    Actually, it's more that the mods can't factor it in because it's frowned upon to say that you have someone ignored and because my extension doesn't collect data and send it to a central source.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    Sheesh ahoy, I miss everything, don't I?

Well, can't say I'm surprised, especially if it's only a temp band. I don't see why that particular comment would get him banned. It was rude and inappropriate but more thump-worthy than anything else and despite my better judgement it was funny, but then I find the rude or politically incorrect to be hilarious.

But anyhow, I see no reason for a perma-ban despite by better judgement. He's infuriating but partly harmless.
  • I can't find that extension myself not sure if a Firefox version exists.
  • edited 2011-04-23 17:43:20
    (void)
    I'm fairly certain, considering a comment made by Fighteer that he was the sort who basically managed to just barely stay on the right side of the rules, that this was a «straw that broke the camel's back» situation.

And a Firefox version of the main forum's ignore extension was made by Meophist.  Dunno about this site though.
  • @Mousa Rottweiler got banned because a substantial number of tropers have absolutely no self-control.

Much like Chagen.
  • ...I'm not sure I like that kind of comparison.

It's not really up to other people to change if you're annoying.
  • Why? It's the response everyone keeps giving me.
  • Get up on the wrong side of bed this morning, Myrm?
  • Every day that Tongpu lives remains unbanned is the wrong side of the bed.
    Nope, because he was oblivious to the annoyance he caused.
  • edited 2011-04-23 18:28:29
    I'm just saying this is dumb. Every single time I complain about Tongpu it's just "ignore him" or "you're just a weak-minded moron with no self-control". But suddenly Rottweiler gets banned and it's his own goddamn fault for not agreeing to the collective sanctimonious liberal circlejerk mainstream opinon on OT and making insults that were so subtle only a select few were even able to take offense to them? People who, miraculously, happened to have opinions that serious jarred with Rott's? And because the mods are unwilling to take the unending whining any longer, we've lost another interesting person. 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

Everyone who says "just use the ignore extention" annoys me.

If everyone needs to use the ignore extention on Rott, clearly there's something wrong with Rott, isn't there?

You don't HAVE to read their posts. If you do not find their input worthy enough for your eyes, just fucking ignore it. If you have no self-control, then install the ignore extension. 

Also, not everyone needs to use the ignore extension on Rott, just the people who can't stand to read his posts, which is...a few. Around 0.8% of the entirety of TV Tropes (fake stats). In other words just use the fucking ignore extension if you can't stand him that much and you feel the need that he-

o wait he's banned so nobody gives a fuck. Sowwy!

Edit:
    is too big

• edited 2011-04-23 18:32:52
    To be honest, I do suspect Myrmidon holds a double standard in regards to the people he happens to like (or dislike less) and people he dislikes. But then I don't go to OTC.
  • Oh, okay, I AM the guy with the double standard. Sure.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    OTC ain't that bad. It's just a select few people are constantly busy looking for a fight. Seriously. You are either trolling when you disagree with somebody, or went into a softy thread where people cannot stand seeing any other responses other than "Me too".
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Question: what political affiliation are you?

And Rott was banned because he was being a dick, not because he had different opinons. I'll even agree that OTC is a liberal circlejerk; when I brought up the fact that the Middle Eastern protest thread had next to nothing about any country save for Libya lately, I was met by one person agreeing with me, one person saying I had no right to complain because two of their friends had died in Libya (no disrespect to them), and almost everybody else completely ignoring that and going back to talking non-stop about only Libya. 

I just have the feeling that you're aggravated because you personally dislike Tongpu. 
  • Being a dick in a way 95% of the Tvtropes general populace was mysteriously unable to see.
  • edited 2011-04-23 18:40:21
    Because you never know what you might see.
    >But suddenly Rottweiler gets banned and it's his own goddamn fault for not agreeing to the collective sanctimonious liberal circlejerk mainstream opinon on OT

I already addressed this.  It's not the reason.  If it was, Major Tom would have been banned before Rott even signed up.

>And because the mods are unwilling to take the unending whining any longer, we've lost another interesting person.

This is not what happened.  Fighteer, for one, has made it pretty clear that he feels that Rott was in the wrong.

Anyway, I think - and hope - it's a temp ban.

Edit: Oh come on, now you're contradicting yourself.  If 95% couldn't see anything wrong with Rott's posts, there wouldn't be unending whining.

Actually, I wouldn't have said there was unending whining about Rott's posts.  There were occasional complaints, yes.
  • That's because people are better at fitting Major Tom into their worldview than they were with Rott.