If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rottweiler got banned

Comments

• edited 2011-04-23 18:43:27
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    If it was, Major Tom would have been banned before Rott even signed up.

THIS. He wasn't banned because he had an unpopular opinion he was banned because he was being unreasonable and dickish towards groups of people. 

^ How, exactly? I can count the number of times I've disagreed with something Major Tom's said by counting the number of posts he's made in the forum, but I won't call for him to be banned because a) I can ignore him and b) he is occasionally correct and I can see his viewpoint without him deciding to insult entire sweeps of opinions. 
  • @Myrmidon: Whenever Tongpu acts excessively dickish, passive-aggressive, deraily, or whatever, you do report him to the mods, right? Or do you just bitch about him on the sidelines?
  • I do. And I just get told I'm oversensitive.
  • Everybody hates Fiscal conservativism apperently.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    So Rottweiler is a little special snowflake that is misunderstood? You paint him too flawless.
  • edited 2011-04-23 18:47:43
    Because you never know what you might see.
    I'm not buying the worldview thing.  I'd actually say Rottweiler is a lot easier for me to agree with than Major Tom, whose brand of conservatism seems very strange to me at times.  Rott is generally better at supporting his arguments than Tom, as well.

Can you at least see why the post in question was deemed thump-worthy?
  • No he wasn't. He had trouble seeing other people's points of view, and he could be annoying sometimes. But I fail to see how that makes him worse than the dozens of other tropers with the exact same problems.
  • and how that makes me any worse then him.
  • edited 2011-04-23 18:49:57
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ Okay, now I understand. I assume Myr means "fitting into their worldview" by having Major Tom be a combination of almost every single conservative stereotype imaginable. Which would piss off a majority liberal forum. 

That makes sense. But it's stupid, because by that logic we would never engage in conversation with him and instead just point and laugh. 

^ It does not. 
  • Tnu, you're doing that It's All About Me thing again.
  • edited 2011-04-23 18:52:34
    Actually from what I saw Major Tom was only fiscally conservative you guys are falling in to the same Trap Jim Demint tries to set thatyou ahve to be Socially Conservative to be Fiscally Conservative why is it so bad to want to have freedom of person and property?

EDIT: Thanks for that Abyss sorry this is why I need help on this issue.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    This may be the first time I've regretted a derail in this place. 
  • I don't know who Jim Demint is.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    >But I fail to see how that makes him worse than the dozens of other tropers with the exact same problems.

Quite honestly, so do I.  But nevertheless, he hasn't entirely behaved himself.
  • Just some bullshit social conservative trying to push an agenda of religioni n the state and limiting our social liberties for the sake of the church going old ladies. I can find a video if you like.
  • I would, but I don't care, and you probably misspelled his last name anyway.
  • Nope i'm exactly certain it's Demint.
  • Oh.

Still not looking.
  • edited 2011-04-23 19:01:06
    La vie en rose
    Myrm, could you cite a post of Tongpu's that you find (in Iaculus's words) "excessively dickish, passive-aggressive, deraily"? I'm looking through his posts on TVTropes right now and can't find anything objectionable.
  • The fact that he's a giant psychopath who needs to be locked up before he rapes a girl and mutilates the body ain't enough for you, Longfellow?
  • Can you cite that Chagen?
  • Tongpu's too busy. Infuriating Myrmidon is a full time job.
  • Well at least he's not a colorful antiquarian! That would make him completely intolerable.
  • Why is it such a full time job? it doesn't look too hard.
  • The fact that he's a giant psychopath who needs to be locked up before
    he rapes a girl and mutilates the body ain't enough for you, Longfellow?

Again, this is about forum behaviour, not personal values (or lack thereof).
  • edited 2011-04-23 19:09:55
    Because you never know what you might see.
    ^^^ No, it wouldn't.

And you didn't answer Longfellow's question.

@ Chagen: Tongpu isn't a psychopath, also if he's as lazy as he says he is I seriously doubt he's going to do something like that.
  • edited 2011-04-23 19:10:20
    As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Myrm, if it makes you feel better, I think Tongpu is pretty intolerable too, although he was never as infuriating. Mainly because Tongpu never got into arguments the same way Rottweiler did. Frankly I never did and still don't buy Tongpu's sincerity; I think he's just playing at being mental.
  • Because that would involve looking at his posts.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Actually, hang on.  Surely the fact that Tongpu doesn't attract as much criticism and argument as Rott contradicts the "Rott was just too unusual" argument?

Rott's views are at times controversial and often provocatively phrased.  Some of Tongpu's views are downright horrific.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    And I would still like to see a post of his that ventures beyond "wah wah universe sucks wah wah."