If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rottweiler got banned

Comments

• Come on Middie, you and I haven't tag-team shitposted in weeks!
  • Okay, did any of you actually read the edit banned thread? Your questions would be answered there instead of merely speculating and saying the site sucks now here.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-22 22:50:39
    I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about the site in this thread.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Warning!

A famous user
    "[name redacted]"
    is approaching fast

I won't say who it is, other than that it's not Rotty.  I just approved this user.
  • edited 2011-04-22 22:55:30
    As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Even I think that's kind of a lame thing to ban for. But, you know, maybe it was more of a feather that broke the camel's back type deal. Or maybe Madrugada's shaky, old-lady finger slipped onto the ban button. Who knows? They probably make moderation decisions by having a dolphin on salvia divinorum throw a magic 8 ball at a dartboard and seeing where the pieces of shattered plastic land.
  • edited 2011-04-22 22:55:49
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Rotty got banned!? NOOOOOOES!

Although, I must say that he is little intense at times. I remember back during my very first (and somewhat flamebaity) IJBM thread (back when we where in TvTropes), Rottweiler showed up and said stuff that made me go "whoa, I though *I* was crossing the line". It was something about the people in Hell being whiny bastards who got just what they deserved or something, but my memory could be suspect.

In any case, I hope this means that he'll JOIN US.

^^WHO?! WHO IS IT?! TELL US DAMMIT!
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    That doesn't sound like Rottweiler. He generally went to great pains to conceal or fail to mention the crueler aspects of his world view, so doing a Thomas Aquinas and actually gloating about all those stupid, damned people in hell doesn't seem like something he'd do.

Then again, neither does the comment about anal sex. A homophobe he might be, but one would think he'd realize sodomy is fun for the whole family, and not just for the gays.
  • edited 2011-04-22 23:04:48
    Bon, don't be a dick.

Nevermind, confused.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:33:11

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost]

• edited 2011-04-22 23:09:39
    smote
    I'm fairly sure Glenn's referring to Bon Sequitur.

Topic: this is not particularly surprising. Rott's pleasant enough to be around in topics that aren't political or religious, but he's always had a bad case of opinion myopia, which gives him a certain sense of entitlement. Taking his own assumptions for granted leads him to dismiss other worldviews out of hand, and leads to aggression when they refuse to disperse so easily. At least, that's my take on it.
  • edited 2011-04-22 23:06:26
    As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    He's talking about me.

We should get Guitar in here though. Yeah. That would be quote-unquote fun.
  • At least it wasn't Scrye.
  • edited 2011-04-22 23:06:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^^ No, he's been back at least once.  If not more times.

^^ No, it's "end-quote" after the text in question.
  • Huh, I could've sworn Bon was here already.
  • You were banned, Bob? I thought you just left for no reason in particular.
  • Never had a problem with Rott, even if he did present opinions I didn't jive with, I hope he does take up the offer to come back eventually. On the other hand, I'm glad I helped kick The Electric Piper off for good.
  • edited 2011-04-22 23:10:29
    (void)
    Guitar posts here pretty much only when people link here.

@Sammy No, Bob wanted to be banned but wasn't, I think.
  • It wasn't that I wanted to be banned per se, it's just...

Well, maybe I did want to be banned a little, not sure why. That, and I am genuinely shocked that I wasn't, for many reasons.
  • He's just one of those people I ignore.
  • No rainbow star
    Wait, who got banned and what and where and why?

I'm confused
  • While I wouldn't have wished for him to be banned, I will admit that it had become less a question of "if" it would happen and more a question of "when" in my mind.

I hope Leigh takes the news ok.
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    My suspicion is that people only 'mind' Rottweiler if they've had an OTC discussion with him.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Two people are now sharing an avatar.
  • I think that was inspired by snowbull's thread. Several people have changed their avatars in response to it.
  • Poot dispenser here
    This is probably why I don't go into OTC.
  • Glenn: technically, they're mirror images, unless you're talking about something besides the gasping John.
  • edited 2011-04-23 00:29:08
    The "way he expresses his opinion" keeps getting mentioned over Edit Banned. What gives? The only wrong thing I've seen him doing about it is derailing threads with it and not stating his assumptions outright. The flame wars he's caused have had little to do with how he expresses his views and a lot to do with said views being relentless support for monarchies, racial profiling and other crap.

I mean, the forums would probably be better off if these things were made verboten, but they should be honest about it, and make a "letter of the law" so they can ban people for breaking it, spirit or otherwise.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The more obscure the rules are, the easier it is to eliminate the people you don't like. It's simple.
    Rigid rules don't really help towards a goal of fostering a community that people enjoy and contribute to.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    You said the exact same thing as me?