If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• Considering how shit posting is basically the foundation of IJBM 2.5, I can't see this going ever well.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I add a yea to the no. 

Shitposting is fun. And besides, people would just stare at their screen, waiting for the clock to strike 2 hours so they can type their thread as quickly as possible. 
  • Considering how shit posting is basically the foundation of IJBM 2.5, I can't see this going ever well.

But is this a foundation we want? Currently, shitposting far, far outweighs any attempts at discussion in here, maybe we could stand to lose a bit of activity if we gain a better signal to noise ratio.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    We need stricter moderation.

-hint hint-
  • People who Torrent/Pirate abusively: Not shit posty
    Bras and Panties: Shit posty
    Gerrymandering, Texas-style: Not Shit Posty
    Decipt1: Could go either way
    Texas.: Not shit posty
    TV Tropes - Enforced Crapsaccharine World: Not shit posty
    Baseless suicide threats.: Looks to be on the edge
    I just got into the biggest fight ever with my parents.: Not shit posty
    I can't do it anymore: Not shit posty
    IJBMer Updates: Shitposts ahoy
    "fag" as a suffix...: Shitposts
    DDR's ridiculously strict rating system.: Not shit posty
    Body shaving: Shit posty
    Scythemantis posting shit on TopTenz instead of his website: I care, anyway

I think you're just willfully seeing more shitposts than there actually are

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I don't think the body shaving one is shitposty.

Not up to my last response at least.
  • I'm not even sure I read the body shaving one, I just made the assumption it would be shit posty.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    The only ones that are shitposty are the ones that lend themselves to be so. 

Except for the Bras and Panties one. But over there me and DonZabu are having important discussions there. 
    There is shitposting, and then there is topics NOBODY wants to talk about. Ever. Having them recurr over and over again is annoying, but don't forget, they will ALWAYS die. If you don't like a shitpost thread, you don't need to post in it, and you can let it die. Start a discussion if you want discussions so bad.
  • We need to not allow embedding videos.  Because every single time anyone embeds a video in a thread, it turns into a shitpost thread where everyone just keeps posting random youtube uploads of shitty songs nobody actually wants to listen to, regardless of what the thread was originally about.

Not that this is a serious suggestion, though.
  • Hey, I listened to every shitty song posted in the VG music/Real Music thread. That thing was a valuable resource.

Yeah, I only post 1 or two videos, depending on the context. Scrolling past shitty music and unfunny fan vids wastes my time, just like Final Fantasy I, and anything that remotely resembles Final Fantasy I should not be allowed on IJBM. and generally video embedding is fine when used in context, it's just the whole string-o-videos is kind of a waste.

^^ I need to read that thread.
  • edited 2011-04-21 20:57:40
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    We probably shouldn't be able to use HTML and CSS in the titles. Just sayin.

Of course, I'm probably the only one here who abused it...

EDIT: Oh hey.
    Let's cut down on the number of announcement threads and make this one the bug reporting thread as well.
    Edit the Title plz.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Am I meant to have a button that says Options > then dismiss next to the announcements? As if so I hope it only hides them from myself. If not I've 'dismissed' the made of forum win by accident?
    Can you find the announcements thread?  Try searching for it.  That said, I should look into ways to disable announcement dismissal...
  • Yes, "dismiss" only works for yourself.  That said, I dismissed that very same thread.  On purpose though.  Though, I do wish there were a way to un-dismiss announcements.  And I don't think announcement dismissal should be disabled.
    Let me try unannouncing it and reannouncing it.  Tell me if you see it announced again.
  • It's showing up with all the other announcements.  So either it worked, or you didn't actually do it yet and I'm going to look stupid for not noticing it was never dismissed in the first place, or something.
    Okay, that worked.

Also, dismissing should now be disabled, since my intention is for those to be pinned threads anyway.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    There appears to be 2 made of forum wins for me.

The second is about a quarter of a page down in the threads.
  • Oh, also the thread is apparently still dismissed for me.
    I suggest a Temp-ban system.

So you can set a little timer on the banned permissions for "Tempbanned: 2 days" or something, and it turns off after awhile so mods don't have to micromanage everyone who is coming back, since the 10 person limit is still on here, right?

(judging from the Vanilla version we took it said something about 10 people can access at a time).
  • Actually, Vorpy, that's not a forum software thing, that's just a hosting plan thing.  Since we're not being hosted by them, we don't have the 10 person average limit thing.  Not sure why exactly that matters for a temp ban system though.
    I wasn't sure how that would work, which is why I brought that up.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Is anyone else having trouble editing profile picture thumbnails? When I attempt to recrop a picture, it doesn't show anything for the original picture and crops out everything except the upper left hand corner of the picture.
  • As far as I know, you can't crop your avatars ever since UE gave us bigger avatars.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    So in other words, it's my own damn fault?

Oh well. It's not like I can't crop the picture before uploading it. Stupid complaint, in hindsight.