If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• As if I care about what y'all had for breakfast today.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Then let the thread die.
  • "I'm thinking that we should have an IJBM-er's Updates thread like Troper Updates."

Yeah, no. Please, no.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Mark All As Read add-on has been enabled!
  • I propose that whoever's in charge change the default font to Verdana. It looks good at this side, it has proper italics instead of that ugly-ass-fake-oblique thing, and you can tell "I" apart from "l".
  • Is there a way to change the colour? This blueish thing is weird. 
    CSS Scripts with Greasemonkey
    @thatguythere47: yeah, we need to redownload the skins.  I'll dig them up at some point.
    Would people be interested in a feature that marks edited posts as edited by whom at what time?
    Not really. That was kind of an ugly flaw from over in the TV Tropes forum since even fixing a typo would trigger a giant mini-sentence to pop up under it when you didn't want to.
  • I would, but only if there were a "grace period" in which you could edit without a mark appearing. (Like with most forums)
    Or a checkbox in the user's profile that says "Allow Edit marking on edited posts" so those bugged by editmarks don't need them, and those who do can play with editing marks.
  • I think the "grace period" version would be optimal. If it's not possible, then just implement it for any edit, the "this post was edited" thing might be annoying when it's just typos, but it's overall for the best.
    I think standardly on most forums it's there and there's no grace period.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I don't know about most forums, but I like being able to fix typos that I didn't notice before hitting send without an edit stamp appearing, so a grace period sounds good.
    The reason I'm asking is because I found an edit-mark add-on for Vanilla.  However, I don't know if it has a grace period.  I'll look into that.
  • edited 2011-04-18 18:18:36
    a little muffled
    I think a category for threads about the internet would be good. I count nine threads on the front page of General that would make sense in an "Internet" category.
  • Would it be possible to get a "proper" quote button?
    What CA said.
  • edited 2011-04-20 01:36:06
    There are apparently at least two different quoting-related addons for Vanilla, so... maybe?

Though that depends on how well they work, and if they work with our post editor, I assume.

It appears that it probably won't work with our WYSIWYG editor.
  • I think a category for threads about the internet would be good. I count nine threads on the front page of General that would make sense in an "Internet" category.

Oh yeah, do it, do it so I can brag about having suggested this. Do it.
    DYRE: Can you post links to their pages, please?
  • edited 2011-04-20 18:09:29
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/quoteselection-plugin

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/quotes-plugin

Though apparently the way the WYSIWYG editor works, it's pretty much always going to be incompatible with addons like these.  Since it creates a new textbox for you to type your post in, but the quote addons send all the HTML they create to the old textbox.  Or something like that.
  • edited 2011-04-20 19:13:19
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Delete the old, implement the new?

Also:

Profiles. Is it possible that they can contain more in the future? Having the updates on my page filled "you replied to this thread, and this thread and this thread and this thread, oh here's an actual update, and this thread, and this thread, and this thread, and this thread, and this thread, and this thread, and this thread, and this thread,"

is kind of boring.
    You can chat with each other on your profiles; it functions like a Facebook wall.

I'm personally fine with how we don't have a quote feature anyway; I just use > or something like that.  That said, I'll let UE know about these two plugins.
  • Can we impose a two hour limit on people making new It Just Bugs Me threads? It would help in abetting self-aggrandizing attitudes.
    Translation: Abyss_Worm hates reading Chagen's rants.
  • But then I'd have to slow my rate of output of pointless fire and forget threads.

and we cant have that
  • Well, then it will make you think more carefully about what you want to post.
    I vote no to this system.