If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

I have no idea if it's possible or been mentioned, but is it possible to make it so the software shows up iframes, meaning that you could share soundcloud stuff and also use the new embed code for youtube? 

• edited 2012-02-25 00:34:50
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

It is -technically- possible, though the html purifier blocks iframes by default for security reasons.  I could disable that if it's important enough to enough people to use iframes.

• I'd like to see a Reviews section so we can have a nice reference place to put all those "_____ tells you about _____" threads. And what's a better embodiment of It Just Bugs Me than reviews?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That would make sense. I'd be willing to add it if the other mods are.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Sounds good.

• a little muffled

Are Liveblogging and Reviews really different enough to be separate categories?

Yes? They're kinda entirely different things.

• You can change. You can.

I'd say that reviews fit the Media category just fine, though.

• edited 2012-03-29 14:13:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It seems that reviews would fall under media.  Are there enough of them tha--...well, I guess liveblogging is also in media anyway, except it's its own category, functionally.  I'll thinkabout it for a bit.

but you can liveblog anything. It's just that the most likely choice is going to be media. Mostly because we're probably not going to be interested in, say, INUH's "Adventure to put his socks on" liveblog, for a rather insane and inane example.

• No rainbow star
    ^ "Icalasari Liveblogs Being on the Internet!"

^^I am definitely going to do that someday now.

• You can also review things that aren't media though.

• edited 2012-03-29 15:02:07

"I'd say that reviews fit the Media category just fine, though."

The Media forum is pretty thread-heavy though, so if you want to see reviews later on, it's going to be difficult to find them.

And dearest, memories of inane thread liveblogs.

^That too. 

The Media forum is pretty thread-heavy though, so if you want to see reviews later on, it's going to be difficult to find them.

I think that problem could be easily solved if we either used hashtags more often or, well, had a better searcher.

Honestly, if it were for me, we'd keep it all under media, but I can't exactly ask the Liveblogs category to be revoked, either, although I can see the rationale for that category, as a liveblog can easily fit any of the categories (You can liveblog a philosophy book, election reports, media, a website, etc) and often times categories are "That thing that can't fit under the other categories"

Either way, I don't really mind there being a Reviews category, but I do feel that we might be causing a bit of clutter with it, which can cause threads to be unsearchable just as easily as anything else. 

• edited 2012-03-31 18:35:32
    No rainbow star

Maybe change the name of the Liveblogs category into, "Liveblogs and Reviews"?

Alternatively, you could mush together the Roleplaying and Forum Games boards and then make a Reviews board (the Roleplaying and Forum Games are not used too much)

• a little muffled

I get how liveblogs and reviews are clearly not the same thing, but the principle is the same: you share your opinions about whatever with other people. I mean, for example, the differences between liveblogging a TV show and reviewing each episode are...not that big. With games and movies its different as in those cases you aren't expected to summarize everything that happens in a review, but it's still a similar idea.

The April Fool's thing made me smile, and I usually hate them. Just thought I'd mention that.

I thought it was somewhat predictable, but still amusing.

• It works on so many levels.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Just a heads up, the site will likely be down for a while around 11am EDT for some hardware upgrades and a location change on our host box.  I don't foresee it being any longer then a couple hours or so.

• This is irrelevant, must I must commend you on using the proper "EDT". A lot of lazy people just use "EST" regardless of whether or not they're actually talking about Standard Time.

And we're back; took a good while longer due to some weird DNS issues I couldn't figure out and had to pass on to the host of the host. Everything should be running smooth now.

And yes, I do know my proper timezone abbreviations :P 

> GMT-4

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> UTC

> not z

• edited 2012-04-17 23:57:02
    No rainbow star
    > z

> not c

I wanted to join in
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Since when is "c" a valid notation for GMT/UTC/zulu?

• No rainbow star
    ^ I thought we moved to the alphabet