If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm pretty disappointed we even had to put it in the rules, to be honest...:/
  • edited 2011-09-30 23:17:54
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah. That's quite a thing to become a trend here. :/

I approve of the addition, by the way. Not that my opinion matters all that much at this point.
  • I know that feel INUH, because I have that feel as well.
  • $80+ per session
    Could someone confirm or deny?

When you have a PM conversation with someone, and they delete it, but you still have it it changes from [[There Name} and You to Just You!
  • edited 2011-10-01 10:18:30
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    There's a reason I tried to make it as general as possible when doing a rules revision.

Also, a bonus.

^ Yes.  However, "deleting" is buggy, and only removes oneself from the conversation...but people who've removed themselves still get notifications.  So don't use it until UE figures out how to fix it.
  • edited 2011-10-01 12:10:22
    No rainbow star
    ^ Except I had to use it when accidentally invited to a conversation I wasn't supposed to be in >:

That 1 will haunt me for a long time
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Huh, did the URL format for threads just change?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Either the forum has been having an attack of the fail for the past half hour or it's just me.
  • You can change. You can.
    Definetly an attack of the fail.

I'm blaming Glenn till proven otherwise. 
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Should we just have a "Recently Banned" sticky thread or something? Each time someone gets banned, the Activity goes into thread mode anyway, and I guess it would make finding things out more convenient.
  • Also, Apparently Being banned means you can still post...

What's up with that?
  • If you're in the Member role you can post, even if you're in the Banned role.

Which, if that happens, just means a mod forgot to untick a checkbox.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^^ We mods do keep a record of who got banned when.  In my personal opinion, a "here's who's recently been banned" thread would encourage gravedancing too much, so I'm not too keen on it.  Though if the other mods are interested perhaps we could work something out.
  • edited 2011-10-06 10:36:23
    Personally I think the Activity page serves that purpose well enough.

And god knows this place doesn't need more stickied threads.
    I don't really like that thread about sockpuppets either.  Thinking of just stuffing it into the rules thread.
    It should be on the rules, not just a post.
  • edited 2011-10-06 11:36:56
    It already is.
    3b. Having more than one account is allowed, but discouraged. When
    creating alt accounts or sockpuppets, let the moderators know.
    Then the sockpuppet announcement was not necessary. If anything, all you needed was to announce a change on the rules. 
  • edited 2011-10-06 11:54:33
    It's been on the rules since version 2.  @INUH was just getting annoyed at how people WEREN'T observing it.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    You should fire INUH,just saying.

Why?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    For making a thread you don't like.

C'mon,a bit of tiranny doesn't hurt nobody.

Except INUH
    It's been on the rules since version 2. @INUH was just getting annoyed at how people WEREN'T observing it.

Well, the announcement is made and the deed is done. I don't see why you would keep it by now. 
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Unannouncing it might be a good idea. We could reannounce if people start ignoring it again.
  • To be honest, I imagine at this point most people just overlook it anyway. I know I do.

That's the thing about stickied threads, they catch your attention at first and then they just sorta turn invisible.
  • edited 2011-10-06 16:57:59
    I'm reminded of how nobody really used the original version of HH's rules thread for its intended purpose.
  • "CAN I BE A MOD NOW??"
  • No rainbow star
    It would be funny if a sockpuppet account was made into a mod
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Ah. I was expecting more hilarity