If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• edited 2011-09-10 15:40:45
    May we have a sockpuppet role to separate them from members proper?
  • Would there actually be any difference in priveleges or just so you can tell who is a sockpuppet and who isn't?
  • The latter. Though maybe we could also have a designated category for sockpuppet threads which they can only use depending on how much effort that would take.
  • No rainbow star
    An easy way to keep track of sock puppets

Just add a secondary field called, "Main Email". If it is blank, the account is a normal account. All main accounts get a list link added If filled in (and if it doesn't match the Registration email), the account gets a sock symbol on its profile and the account that shares its registration email with that accounts Main email has its list updated to include the sock puppet on it
  • edited 2011-09-19 17:45:27

"Just add a secondary field called, "Main Email"."

"secondary field"

"Main Email"

That sounds rather counterintuitive. Something like "Puppeteer Email" (that only activates if you check an "Are you a sockpuppet?" box) would be more suitable.

• ...Incidentally, I discovered (by accident) that once I'd created my accounts I could go into the account settings and set them all to the same email as my main account.

And I probably shouldn't be able to do that. (Even newer versions of Vanilla don't allow it)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    But you can only sign on as one of those using that e-mail.
  • Maybe this is something that has been worked out of updates this site is exempt from, but hyperlinks don't work in PMs.
  • ^^ True. But I can sign on as, say, Charlotte by just putting "Charlotte" in the email field on the login screen.
    Wait, you can?
  • Yep. That's how I managed to sign in with my sockpuppets despite forgetting the e-mail address.
  • Would it be possible to tweak the page links' color scheme a little so it's more readily apparent which page you're actually on? As it is now they're slightly different shades of grey but almost indistinguishable on my display.
    That should be an easy fix.  I'll bug UE later today about it.
  • edited 2011-09-28 12:32:30
    No rainbow star
    Ability to change an accounts email ourselves would be nice
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I just got a new notification. I don't think I'm supposed to get notifications for this.

(this is the GL ragequit thread, which I flagged)

INUH commented on your discussion.
    FLAG: There once was a man from Nantucket
    2011-09-28 16:16:38
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Odd...

Have you gotten 17 other notifications from that thread?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Now that I actually look, yes.
    Hm.

That's not good.

But at least it's consistent. If that had been the first one you'd received, it would have been really weird.
    So does it create a mod-only thread with the description as the OP when a post is flagged?
    Yep.

More specifically, it quotes the content of the flagged post then describes the problem.
  • Why do we need to specify a gender when registering? Is it possible to have a "neutral" option for that?
    IT KEEPS HAPPENING
    Sorry, we're talking about stuff.

Important stuff.
    I know. It's just weird getting notifications for a thread I can't even see.
    Yeah...

I'm kinda surprised I haven't heard about this happening before.
  • You can change. You can.
    Just make Forzare a mod, will ya?
  • edited 2011-09-30 23:05:27
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Its probably because people like to build up their numbers, so people don't notice when they get a couple extra ticks. I only noticed because I accidentally cleared my notifications right before.
    That thread is getting a lot of activity. ._.

make it stoooooop

/notreallyserious
    /thoughnowthatinoticeditthenumbersarebuggingmealittle
  • edited 2011-09-30 23:07:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    We're done with that thread, as far as I'm aware. We finished deciding on the appropriate rules revision.
    Yay.