If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Evermor

1234568»

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Thevel stopped in front of the slab. "Hm. I...think it would take me awhile to melt trough that."

• *If the skeleton came through this passage, punching through this shouldn't be the only way out" Nom said. He proceeded to look closely at the slab, in search of something that might help get it out of the way.

Roll (if needed):

Perception: (Rolled: 1d20+7. Rolls: 10. Total: 17)

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

"Okay, we are gonna need to ask for more pay than the original deal I'd say. Wouldn't you guys agree with me?

• Nom Lam wasn't particularly interested in amassing a great fortune, but he wasn't particularly opposed to bigger reward either, in the end, he decided to avoid making a response, and gave the slab his attention again. *It would seem that, in this case, punching might be the way to go*, he thought, as he made an attempt to push the blocking object out of the hole.

Strength check: (Rolled: 1d20+3. Rolls: 9. Total: 12)

• edited 2013-01-07 17:25:58
    Has friends besides tanks now

"Well, we're already being paid to put our lives on the line, so I'm not sure how much we can wring out of a blocked passage, unfortunately."

Djanain walked over to the slab and did what he could to help Nom Lam with the pushing, unsure of any better way to get around the slab.

Aid Another (Strength check): (Rolled: 1d20. Rolls: 3. Total: 3)

POTENTIAL CHEATING DETECTED. If it appears that dice were rolled in this post, they may need to be disregarded as fabricated.

Hobbes moved up to the slab and tried to help.

Aid Another (Strength check):(Rolled: 1d20+2. Rolls: 10. Total: 12)

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Together, Nom Lam and Hobbes push against the metal slab. Djanain attempts to help, but he can't get in a good position to offer any significant help.

Nom Lam and Hobbes manage to push the metal slab outwards. They weren't quite quick enough to stop it from hitting the floor, however, clattering everywhere with a loud bang.

The room revealed was pitch black, with no source of light anywhere- even the light from the tunnel was not enough to reveal more than the faint outline of the metal slab, lying on the ground.

There was a rotten smell coming from the room- as if that of rotting animals and vegetation. It's not overpowering, but it's strong enough to make people with weak stomachs feel sick.

Thevel looks for some small object to cast Light on.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

He can't seem to see anything.

Thevel looks around, annoyed, then his eyes come to rest on the slab. "Well, since we can't make ourselves any more conspicuous anyway..."

He then casts light on the door.

The door now throws a ring of light, illuminating much of the room.

Around them, the party sees piles and piles of... something.

The room is vaguely rectangular. The room extends about five feet to the party's right, and so far to their left that they cannot see any walls (or other doors).

The floor of the room is covered in an unidentifiable green-brown sludge, about an inch thick. Pressing down on it makes for a sickening squelching sound.

Heaped against the walls are piles and piles of rotting matter. At first, they can't identify, but soon, they can recognize it- rotting scraps of food, dead animals, dead people, and probably fecal matter, judging by the smell.

Bones litter the floor, some as long as a human's thighbone (probably because they are human thighbones).

It seems to be one giant compost heap.

• edited 2013-01-08 15:16:37

Djanain cast light on his scimitar.

Thevel looks embarrassed.

• edited 2013-01-08 01:04:22

Djanain cringed at the sounds beneath his feet as he moved into the room and waited for the others to check things out and/or move forward. His sword's light reassured him a little bit.

Thevel and Hobbes followed Djanain.

The rest of the room was much like the bit they had already seen. It stretched on for much longer than it reasonably should have- probably a good six dozen feet or so.

At the far left of the room, there was another wooden door. This one seemed to be rotting, about to fall apart.

"Well...looks like just one way to go."

Once the party is appropriately positioned around the door, Thevel acid splashes it.

• As a monk, Nom Lam was trained to be unfazed even in the most disgusting environment, but there was something in this room, other than the sight and the stench, that made him uneasy. He'd rather not stay there long.

He walked towards the door, in its decayed state, it probably wouldn't be an obstacle, he reached out and tried to open it.

"Okay. So, how much of those acid thingys do you have left because you've been using with abandon. I am just curious."

Thevel quickly stopped casting Acid Splash as Nom Lam walked in front of it.

"Um, Nom Lam? If you step back from the door and let me destroy it with acid, we'll have more time to respond to anything on the other side."

"And I can keep casting them as long as I want. It's a very simple spell."

• "I see, go ahead, then."

Thevel gets back to the aciding.

The door does not take long to fall, this time.

Revealed beyond it was another small, earthen corridor. The corridor was much shorter than previously- only five feet long before it ended in another rotting wooden door.

"Well...okay, then."

Thevel throws more acid at the new door.

The door takes several minutes to go down.

The room beyond is eerily dark- even with the Light enchantments, you can barely see ten feet into the room.

The room smells musty.

• Has friends besides tanks now

"After you as always, Zoras." The suspense is killing me. I almost want something to pop out at us . . . or, well, someone.

Zoras enters the room silently.

Hobbes follows, Thevel behind him.

This room is empty too, as far as anyone can see.

The scent of fresh blood still lingers in the air. Blood has been lightly speckled on the floor, turning the dust on the floor into mud in places.

On the other side of the room is yet another door. The dust in front of this door is disturbed- the door has been opened recently.