If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Evermor

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

Ah, right, my name. "Er. I'm Djanain."

• edited 2012-11-08 02:16:05
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

"Djanain...Has a nice ring to it...Ist it Ridhe Klizzafur? Am I mispronouncing it?" Uttered Zoras, whose interest was piqued by the sound of that name. Collecting his thoughts he directed his attention to the noble.

"Lady Erith, nice to finally meet you."

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Erith inclined her head bemusedly.

"Hello," she said.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Rede blinked at the noblewoman.

Nobles were usually slightly more talkative in her experience, though usually only to brag about themselves.

"So, could you perhaps give us some additional information on our mission? Details were bound to get mixed up or exaggerated, given that the news spread only by word of mouth. So I'd prefer to hear it from the source, personally." 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

"More information?" Erith blinked bemusedly.

""But... I already have people the information, to spread around. Although I guess they could get mixed up..." She trailed off for a moment.

"Well, I just need you guys to deal with a cult. And there will be money involved if you do it and don't die."

• edited 2012-11-09 20:27:45
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

"Death is involved? I had thought that we'd politely ask them to leave." retorted Zoras, with enough smug self-satisfaction in his face to invite every person in the room to reshape it only with their knuckles. The joke wasn't even funny to begin with.

Trying to make a serious face he asked then"What kind of cult are we dealing with here? I don't trust rumors that much. I just got back to town and my intel sources kind of crumbled to dust in the meantime."

• edited 2012-11-09 20:30:34
    Has friends besides tanks now

"If I may add onto that," Djanain said, "what is their name? What are their tactics? Their agenda? Typical clothing, or race, or races, failing that? Hideouts, if any? How much information, along these lines, could you provide to us, Lady Erith?"

Rede scratched her head. The woman was clearly stupid; either that or deliberately pretending to be.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

"Ask her for her likes and dislikes while you are at it." Muttered to himself Zoras, while playing with is shortspear as if it were a baton.

Erith looked slightly panicked.

"I don't know! They're a cult of Urgathoa. They've been harassing the gangs around here for a while now, and lately, they've taken to taking the members of the gangs they kill and incapacitate."

She sighed.

"I know where they're holed up; there's a warehouse, over on the old King's Path, if you take the first left when you head north up the street we're in front of now. It's made of clay bricks, and has two entrance ways, one wide double-doors, one window."

"That's all I know, sorry."

• edited 2012-11-09 20:45:29

Djanain flicked a dull sideways glance at Zoras and said, "please forgive me if I'm taking this seriously."

"Thank you," he said to Erith.

"That's good enough."

Rede supposed it made sense that a cult would be more secretive than an average street gang, but it was still odd that the woman knew so little about them.

"Unless anyone has anything else to say, I'd suggest we get going before this cult can do any more damage." 

• edited 2012-11-09 20:41:19
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

"Sounds good to me. So...how do we start? Do we do some surveillance, or just burst in?"

Rede leaned against the wall.

"I don't suppose your tiger friend is any good at stealth?" 

Erith threw up her hands.

"If I had any idea how to deal with them, I wouldn't need to hire you!"

She pouted slightly.

"I wish Tetra was here," she muttered under her breath.

• edited 2012-11-09 20:49:08
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

"Ma'm. I think you'll find that my companion here was not talking to you. Secondly, if you'd prefer this Tetra take care of this incident, perhaps we should simply leave? Or, you can calm down, and we can get our jobs done."

"It's not like we are members of an army and the lady is our superior. The general direction is all we needed. I'd suggest a frontal strike, but then I'd be speaking in terms of suicide for myself. Should we all discuss what's the best course of action? And if we are gonna have a leader for the time being?" Zoras said while looking eeriely calm.

"I don't think a leader is much of a necessity if we're only going to be together briefly. We can move out once we've agreed upon a plan."

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

"Hobbes is pretty decent at Stealth. He is, after all, a tiger."

"Do you think he could be used as a scout of sorts?"

"Hmmm...he has to stay pretty close to me or he starts getting weaker. So...I guess just for short distances."

"I see..."

Rede drummed the hilt of her scepter.

"I suppose I could scout, but I am not exactly a paragon of stealthiness." 

"I was thinking more along the lines of just watching. I mean, if they're in a building, there isn't much more you can do."

"True enough."

• edited 2012-11-09 21:15:59

"If we needed another scout, I'd dare say I'm not exactly flat-footed. But it sounds like Hobbes fits the bill."

" A plan of action needs someone to call the shots, otherwise its effectiveness is compromised in the off chance that someone messes up." Retorted Zoras to the draconically named half-elf. And now sporting a smile from ear to ear."And someone always messes up." 

• edited 2012-11-09 21:30:49

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but . . . I'm guessing you want to be the leader? Humor me, then. What can you bring to the table, besides spears? Also, what is your name? If I'm to ask for clarification in the heat of the moment, I mean."

• edited 2012-11-09 21:30:35
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

"If we're going to argue over who's the "leader" here, I might as well do this myself. Fighting over who's in charge is something children do." 

• Has friends besides tanks now

"Don't let it be said that I think I, or anyone else here, should be a de facto leader. I'd prefer democratic tactical reasoning."

"Actually, no, I might be eager to prove myself a man worthy of praise, and I might not be the most wise or the most smart, but I am anything but stupid. I was actually going to suggest you lead us, I have a hunch you have more experience in combat than I have a lifetime, so you would be the logical choice." Zoras expression is now merely blank.