If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Evermor

Comments

• edited 2012-11-10 17:47:43
    Has friends besides tanks now

"Erith did, indeed, tell us that there is a window. She didn't tell us on which side of the building, or about any of the cultists' behaviors while there, really."

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

"It may be a good idea to see where this window is, and if it is in a spot where we can observe what's going on inside the building, it may eliminate the need for further surveillance, yes?"

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

"Stealth this, stealth that. Nonesense I say, what we need is not stealth but the element of surprise, they might know we are coming, but they don't know how many, we should do a direct attack from the front door."

• edited 2012-11-10 18:02:56
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

"It's rarely wise to go into battle without having some idea of your oponent's capabilities."

"We don't have time for wise. Every second we waste here, is a second they spend mustering their capabilites."

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "Lest they set the neighborhood ablaze."

"Are cults not usually a tad more subtle than that?"

• edited 2012-11-10 18:27:35
    "That was just my point, Rede; I'm in agreement with you. I don't expect we'll be at a loss if we take but the slightest time to check things out."
  • edited 2012-11-10 18:28:41
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

-

"As you wish, tell me then what is you would have each one do?"

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

"Look, let's just go look at the place. We have to go there either way, so let's figure things out once we're there, and thus have more to go on."

• edited 2012-11-10 19:37:30

I wonder if they'll actually be less worked up once we're there, Djanain thought. Really, I'm stunned.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The path to the warehouse was relatively safe. The made their way there without being attacked by anyone, although curious eyes tracked their progress.

The warehouse stood tall and proud. The building was showing clear signs of wear and tear; mildew was collecting on the sides of the building, where rain had run down, and the paint on the door was peeling off.

No members of the Cult were outside. In fact, the street was quite for several hundred yards in every direction from the warehouse- eerily so.

There were only two entrances into the warehouse. The wide, double doors out the front were slightly ajar.

There was a window on the side of the warehouse. It was filthy with dirt and mildew, so dark that you couldn't see through it, and it creaked when moved. It was, however, big enough for one person to fit through at a time.

• edited 2012-11-10 21:26:11

Djanain crept over to the window. He examined it, half-disgusted by its condition, and went back to the others. "Well, seeing as how I can't actually see through the window, I guess we should look through the door?"

"Sounds good to me. Any volunteers?"

"I am."

"Go on, then. Just don't attract too much attention."

Zoras knocks on the door three times in quick succession.

Thevel focuses on the door. "I definitely just heard something. Something moving...probably not just through that door, but in another room."

"I heard it, too, Thevel. It doesn't sound very pretty, either."

"No, definitely not. Thoughts on a plan of action?"

". . . Let Zoras take the first steps inside? Sounds good to me, what say you?"

"Sounds good. Not much we can do out here."

"I third that motion."

• edited 2012-11-12 02:59:09
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

"I'm glad I am that desperate for glory, or I'd be pissed off right now."Zoras muttered from behind his cloak. He then proceeded to try to open the door.

"Whoa! Something just drew a weapon!"

Thevel holds out his hands in front of him in preparation for spellcasting as Hobbes draws his blade.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The door swings open, creaking slightly.

It reveals a damp stone room, with crates lining the walls.

There's a tall wooden door on the other side of the room.

• edited 2012-11-12 03:11:13

"Seeing as how I heard things on the other side of that wooden door . . ." Djanain drew a dagger and went inside the stone room, but without moving ahead of anyone. He contemplated casting a defensive spell, but held off, until he could see what they were up against, and if it was worth his only use of it for the day.

Thevel and Hobbes cautiously stepped through the doorway.

• edited 2012-11-12 03:13:02
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

"Well, that was easy." Zoras throws his cloak into the air and grabs his longspear from within his backpack. "Any of you wants to be my guest?"..."I guess everyone was."