If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I am literally looking at the chart in the Core Rules at this exact moment and there is not a word about bonus spells in here.

• Has friends besides tanks now

From the Sorcerer's page: "Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Sorcerer. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Charisma score (see Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells)."

Well looking at the wrong table would explain why I was not seeing it.

This is why I should not be allowed to play games with numbers in them. 

I think I may be thinking of my Elemental Ray when I came up with the 7/day number. I don't know.

I feel really stupid now. 

• edited 2012-11-10 00:12:18
    Has friends besides tanks now

But I gave you the right table like twenty posts ago. :(

EDIT: That could be it, since that actually is 7/day, due to a straight-up addition of the modifier.

But I gave you the right table like twenty posts ago. :(

I didn't click the link because I assumed it was the same table I was looking at in the rulebook.

I'm fucking stupid. Sorry. 

• edited 2012-11-10 00:13:25

No worries, dude.

I worry that my third grade level math skills are going to continue to be a problem. I just hope nothing else on here is mis-added.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Is it okay if I change my items around a bit, in light of that?

You haven't used any yet, so sure.

Also jesus christ people D;

• edited 2012-11-10 13:34:51

Cool. Added some manacles and dropped 6 pounds! Since I can cast unlimited light per day, I don't need a lantern quite so much.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You are a Kensai, getting Fighter Levels would be redundant, from my point of view.

When I thought about it again, that seemed a little impatient of me, yeah, since I just wanted my combat upgrade a bit sooner. Since that would make it take that much longer for spellcasting to upgrade, it would be silly, though. I'll probably stick with Kensai 20.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I know I'm not a part of this or anything, but why not just go with the flow? Use your character concept as a guide and roleplay your character's progression, choosing your gains from level ups and new classes with your own character's development in mind. I'm sure Nova will adjust encounters and trials and the like to take this into account. After all, a tabletop RPG can be an entirely modular, emergent experience, so there's really no need to build your character with balance or power in mind as long as your GM provides you with a diverse set of obstacles and objectives. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I am wondering if I should get some chavalier levels or bite the bullet and go full Dragoon. At least I've have some spells.

Hmm. I guess I could see myself taking at least that 1 level in Fighter. Maybe 2, if I need more feats later down the line, and depending on when I can get a Mithral Shirt.

• edited 2012-11-10 19:01:51

I'm never gonna get tired of playing a talkative character.

EDIT: Also, it'll probably never cease to amuse me how easily our characters are set to bickering.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So...are we going to head there now? Because I do kind of want to get things moving.

I do too.

I'm not sure if Nova's around though, and we sorta need the DM for this.

What are we doing in terms of attack plan, though? Or are we just going to kinda barge in? 

• edited 2012-11-10 20:07:12

It's pretty much dependent on Nova to tell us when we get there, and what the place looks like, or what'll happen when we do stuff there (or even if something happens before we get there). We're technically already on the way.

As for what we actually do, I felt like the party was mostly against barging in. I mean, I'll leave it for the characters to decide, acting it out, but I would make sure there was at least one circuit of the building, to see where the window is, as well as the elevation of that window (and if it's at ground level, the plan changes even more), and I, personally, would send the two stealthiest, rather than just one, in the event that there are some people hanging around outside the warehouse, for whatever reason.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

If the window is (a) on ground level, (b) large enough for more than one person to pass through, and (c) in the same room as the front door, my proposal for starting the actual assault would be having Hobbes jump through the window followed by me and maybe another spellcaster while the rest of the party kicks in the front door.

If we went with that plan, I'd be up for having Djanain be part of the jump-in-through-the-window group, provided he's given time/consideration for whether or not to use shield.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm not sure if Nova's around though, and we sorta need the DM for this.

I was playing golf. I'm back now though.

Hmmm.

So we could have someone jump through the window screaming. We could sneak in the window, I guess. 

• edited 2012-11-10 20:55:13

Well, probably not sneak in, since it creaks when it moves, but certainly, we could go through there. As well as the double-doors, if a two-sided assault was our plan. As long as the window group has someone who can knock a window out of its frame/shatter it, I guess.

Ooh a pincer formation.

I half-wonder if I could melt the glass with Burning Hands, but that somehow seems like a terrible idea. 

I would save a 1st-level spell like that for combat, personally. Nom Lam or Zoras could probably bust it down, if the rest of the building is decrepit as well.

I take it we would be able to get to the window without having to be sneaky about it, given that you described its condition to us even though we'd have to interact with it to know that, Nova?

Precisely!

I wanted you guys to know it was sneaky so that you wouldn't formulate a plan only to be disappointed.

Alright, so are we doing the pincer attack thing?

Or is someone jumping through a window screaming?

Hmm. Perhaps, someone jumps through screaming (with 1-2 people following behind), and while that distraction happens, the rest go in through the front doors.