If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Regarding something a few pages ago:

At fourth level, that increases to 2d4+2d8+6, and you can totally take Improved Damage again to increase your Claw's damage, you can increase that to 2d6+2d8+6.

When you get to Large at Level 7, this will increase again, to 2d4(6)+2d8+14, assuming absolutely no other increases at all.

Given that I already did take improved damage twice, and that increasing a size category also increases the size of your damage die on the natural attacks, and I'll also upgrade to a large greatsword, and he'll have a strength bonus of +6 that will apply to each attack, that comes out to 2d8+1d10+1d12+24.

...plus 1d3 from Thevel >.>

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I get the distinct feeling I'm going to be the only person here not minmaxing. :|

• edited 2012-11-08 02:05:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The really, really funny thing is that I'm actually not. Like, I'm going to spend a bunch of points on wings that I could be spending on something more productive, just because wings are cool.

That's not funny at all. :|

I suppose I don't have enough a frame of reference to actually know what minmaxing looks like, but that's still an awful lot of damage for a third level character isn't it? Or am I just underestimating the average HP of a CR3 monster? 

Oh, no, that's at seventh level. At third level, he'll probably not be doing more damage than he is now.

• edited 2012-11-08 02:10:10
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

vandro, it's "interest was piqued" not "picked".

Also it doesn't make too much sense that your character is mispronouncing a name he heard spoken, unless it's supposed to be him not being able to pronounce Draconic which does work.

...I'm sorry, I'm really tearing into you here. I'm not trying to be mean, I just thought you should know. >>;

Oh, no, that's at seventh level. At third level, he'll probably not be doing more damage than he is now.

oh, sorry. Not sure where I got third from. My brain is still in grocery store mode, and I'm pretty tired in general. Sorry ^^; 

I know that feel; that was me last night.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

and I'll also upgrade to a large greatsword

I think I specified that I would only let you use a greatsword so long as you had the limbs to use it properly or it was at least one size category lower than you.

You also get buff spells. At 4th level, for instance, you can cast Bull's Strength on your Eidolon. You can get Heroism at Level 7, Haste at 4th level, and Magic Fang... actually, it's a 1st level spell, so you can cast it right now.

This means that at fourth level, you can give your Eidolon an additional +4 on attack rolls, +3 on damage rolls, and +1 to AC.

• edited 2012-11-08 02:13:37
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

His too languages are Common and Sylvan, and he is not an erudite, I am mispronouncing it on purpose. and I know it's "piqued" but my brain has been betraying me as of late, if I make any sense.

See...I wrote too instead of two.

Oh, right.

So, probably a large longsword then, since I have the proficiency.

I know that feel; that was me last night.

Oh god, you work at a grocery store too?

Is it also a W*gman's? 

His too languages are Common and Sylvan, and he is not an erudite, I am mispronouncing it on purpose. and I know it's "piqued" but my brain has been betraying me as of late, if I make any sense. 

That makes perfect sense, actually. Even if that's not how I'd put it. 

• edited 2012-11-08 02:17:13
    Has friends besides tanks now

Hmm. I kinda want to minmax Djanain, just because it'll probably balance out by virtue of this being my first Pathfinder game (and because minmaxing is fun). But I don't quite remember how mid-to-high-level damage calcs work out for the typical build, let alone a crit-fishing Kensai. Also, spells. -~-

Nope, Publix. It's actually not a bad place to work, but the computer that schedules me tends to go insane..

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I ain't mixmaxing either. Although I'd have to invest heavily into other aspects to compensate.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hmm. I kinda want to minmax Djanain, just because it'll probably balance out by virtue of this being my first Pathfinder game (and because minmaxing is fun). But I don't quite remember how mid-to-high-level damage calcs work out for the typical build, let alone a crit-fishing Kensai. Also, spells. -~-

If it's any consolation, I have no idea how I'm going to get Tetra's damage significantly higher than it is right now. Attack rolls, yeah, but not damage rolls.

The only way I can see to do it would be to give myself, say, Slippers of Battledancing, which would not only seem out of place, but would reek of GMPC favoritism.

I don't know what a Publix is.

W3gman's is notable for a couple things. Having standards far too high for me to live up to being one, having an absurdly strict policy about employees mentioning them online being another.

Anyone dungeons and dragons

um

yeah, things. Rede's last name is probably difficult for your character to pronounce unless they speak Draconic, even then, it's Kobold Draconic, which is (we can assume) a bit different from regular/High Draconic. There's a pretty good approximation of how it sounds in my head at the bottom of my character sheet now though. 

Also I still don't know if I have six or seven spells a day. 

I don't know what a Publix is.

Really good chain only found in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee.

Ah, I live in PA.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I think in the end I will have to take some cavalier levels or some prestige class.

So, I'm looking through the the Leadership feat, and I'm actually quite confused.

The Leadership feat states that a certain Leadership score is required to recruit a cohort of a specific follower level. In this case, to recruit a dragonne, who is noted as being Cohort Level 10th, a Leadership score of Level 14 should be required.

However, on the dragonne's page, there is a note:

A character with the Leadership feat can take a dragonne as a cohort. Such characters must have an effective leadership level of 10th.

So I am getting kind of confused as to what leadership score you would need to recruit a dragonne.

What is a "dragonne"?

Also, are there any known Kobold words for "the other races" as a group? If not, can I make some up? 

This is a dragonne. It is a cross between a brass dragon and a lion.

• I get the distinct feeling I'm going to be the only person here not minmaxing. :|

Dude, non-archer monk here.

So I am getting kind of confused as to what leadership score you would need to recruit a dragonne.

Well, given that you have 19 charisma, by the time you're high enough level to choose a Dragonne as a cohort, your leadership score will be high enough.

Right. I don't think I can get one until... 11th level, right?

Bump-a-dumping.

every day I'm bump-bumping

• edited 2012-11-09 13:26:57
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, I don't have much to do in-game right now.

Although: since we seem to be using this thread as OOC, could you put the character sheet links in the OP?

race(s)

How does one say that out loud?

• Has friends besides tanks now

I figured someone would call me on that. >_>

"race or races", generally.