If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

"please forgive me if I'm taking this seriously.

OPEN QUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTES!

*explodes* 

• edited 2012-11-09 20:41:04
    Has friends besides tanks now

Followed by a quote in the next line. I don't know if you're supposed to do this in RP's (and I don't know why you would), but you don't usually close quotes in writing if the next line is more speech by the same character.

When it's two separate statements directed at two separate people you do.

Also you had a second set of quotes in the second line anyway. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yeah, if it's directed at a single person, or if it's a speech, etcetera, you don't close the tags until it's finished.

If the speech as directed at one person in one line, then another the next, you close the tags.

• edited 2012-11-09 20:45:21

When it's two separate statements directed at two separate people you do.

Never heard of it that way.

Also you had a second set of quotes in the second line anyway. 

That was just the continuation of speech, and it's the formatting you'd normally use when splitting dialogue into 2+ paragraphs.

If the speech as directed at one person in one line, then another the next, you close the tags.

Fair enough. I guess I've just never read that happening? And I still don't know why you'd have to do it. But I'll fix it.

"eerily".

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Lazuli: I do hope you rolled a Listen check to hear something I marked as "muttered under her breath". :P

Fair enough. I guess I've just never read that happening? And I still don't know why you'd have to do it. But I'll fix it.

You do it because each separate paragraph addresses a different target. The closing tag at the end of the paragraph marks the end of that statement, and then the next statement is enclosed in tags of its own as it is a complete paragraph on its own, rather than a continuation of the last.

Lazuli: I do hope you rolled a Listen check to hear something I marked as "muttered under her breath". :P

You know what Nova

your mom. >:O

also we're on the verge of fighting already and we haven't even started our first adventure. This will be an interesting experience. 

• edited 2012-11-09 21:00:38

^^^ Are we going to make a habit of this?

^^ Okay. I guess that makes sense, and I'll not debate it.

^ Should be, yeah.

I will readily admit that I may be wrong, but this is the way my English teachers taught me to address speech marks on multiple targets.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'm not saying you are. I, personally, just don't get how it's more intuitive than using the standard:

"Blah blah blah.

"Blah blah."

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I'll eerily rip apart your tendons!

^^^ Are we going to make a habit of this?

Of what? 

• edited 2012-11-09 21:07:18
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I, personally, just don't get how it's more intuitive than using the standard:

Consider them as enclosed paragraphs.

The closing tag at the end of the first paragraph indicates that this paragraph is over.

I don't know how to better put it. They're enclosed, indicating that it's a stand-alone paragraph.

anyway, my father's going to be here like now, so i'ma probably disappear, but:

You know what Nova

your mom. >:O

Just for future reference, I have a habit of giving you guys not-quite-IC information on NPC's and events. I usually follow these things with something to indicate that your characters don't get that information straight away- usually, something like "She muttered under her breath" or "She waited until they turned away to palm it" or something.

Not getting on your back here, because you couldn't reasonably know; just, for future reference.

• edited 2012-11-09 21:08:11

^^ Rapid-fire grammar/spelling/punctuation corrections.

"Hobbes is pretty decent at Stealth. He is, after all, a tiger."

Every second I see the eidolon less of a plush doll and more like the bad guy in the book of the jungle,

^^ Rapid-fire grammar/spelling/punctuation corrections.

I don't actually know very much about proper grammar, unclosed quotes just bother me on a personal level.

And I only corrected vandro because I believe he's expressed a desire to have any flubs of English pointed out to him, but I might be thinking of someone else. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

less of a plush doll

He is made of obsidian.

I meant in reference to you know, being named after a tiger plush doll.

And I only corrected vandro because I believe he's expressed a desire to have any flubs of English pointed out to him, but I might be thinking of someone else. 

Oh. Is that so, @vandro? In that case, I could point out a thing or two for him, as well. But I might not. Because I'm a lazy bastard, you see.

I don't actually know very much about proper grammar, unclosed quotes just bother me on a personal level.

Ah. Well, you were correct in that case, but it's correct sometimes.

but I might be thinking of someone else. 

You were thinking of someone else, my spelling mistakes are not for a lack of knowledge on how to write the word, rather because people make spelling mistakes and my brain is starting to fail me.

• edited 2012-11-09 21:26:47

. . . Nova was right. There really are lots of chances to be a dick. (Trying to figure out how much Djanain would be able to get away with before a character would have good reason to pick an actual fight with him)

• edited 2012-11-09 21:29:42
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

The monsters within the party are always the funnier ones.

kay

i'm goin for it

D:<

• edited 2012-11-09 21:37:58
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Who is Zoras' most recent statement directed at? It's sort of ambiguous as to whether it's at Djanain or Rede.

I mean I think it's the former, but I just want to be sure. 

I was retorting All Nine's.

• edited 2012-11-09 21:39:04

I'm thinking Djanain, since he was answering as if asked a question, and Djanain was the last person to question him.

Ninja'd.

OK 

That awkward moment when the posting gets too fast.

Zoras/Djanain Bromance OTP.