If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

We are gonna leave nothing to say to Noimporta, actually.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Noimporta's playing a Monk, though.

Would he have much to say? 

AGENTS OF CHAOS! DIE!

• edited 2012-11-09 22:02:04
    Has friends besides tanks now

Derp, forgot to add my spellbook to my items list. :V

@Nova: Is it okay if I change my items around a bit, in light of that?

I don't think Nom Lam would have much to say, either, but hopefully Noim isn't too annoyed by all these posts that are happening.

Maybe we are a bunch of people he is gonna help and this is an episode of Kung Fu. I love Kung Fu.

• Well, my idea was to have him talk sparsely, with inner monolgue filling in the blanks... since it seems that's what a character with high wisdom but low charisma would do.

• edited 2012-11-09 22:29:09

Makes sense.

On another note, I wasn't consciously planning on having Djanain be so long-winded, but in hindsight, it makes sense; since he's very insecure, he's constantly seeking out validation, whether by contributing all that he has to his acquaintances (hopefully friends, by some point), or by correcting people in a way that he finds humorous.

also does anyone else think that "Nom Lam" sounds a lot like "nom nom"?

Now if only he had the Hungry Ghost Monk archetype. 

By the way, Zoras had already introduced himself to Djanain.

• edited 2012-11-09 22:32:09

I was sounding it out as "Noum Lahm," so not really. That would have been funny, though. Sort of like how I want to name another character Aldé Evridé.

By the way, Zoras had already introduced himself to Djanain.

. . . I guess he did. :V

I knew I shouldn't have statted up a 20-INT character.

• edited 2012-11-09 23:48:20

DX o god i forgot how bonus spells work

So I only have 2 1st-level spells per day ._.

So, spells for this day, I guess: 0th: detect magic, light; 1st: color sprayshield.

How do bonus spells work.

Please tell me

because I don't know. 

• edited 2012-11-10 00:19:20

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Abilities-and-Spellcasters

In your case, since Rede's Charisma is 18, she gets 1 extra 1st-level spell to use per day, and when she learns 2nd-4th, she'll get a bonus of each of those. Since Djanain's Intelligence is 20, he gets 2 bonus 1st-level spells per day, and will get an extra 5th, as well as the extra 2nd-4th. Plus, modifiers can keep being increased over time.

It's actually kind of a neat pattern that they use, in my opinion.

Bonus spells per day or bonus spells learned?

• edited 2012-11-09 23:45:06

Per day. If I recall correctly, spells known varies between casting types: Djanain, as a Vancian caster with a spellbook, learned an extra 1st-level spell for each point of Intelligence modifier; Rede, as a sorcerer, does not start off knowing any additional spells for her Charisma modifier.

Oh.

So I can cast seven level one spells a day.

wooo. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

0th: detect magic (2)

Cantrips work differently in Pathfinder. You can cast them as much as you want.

• edited 2012-11-09 23:49:39

So I can cast seven level one spells a day.

No, just four.

Cantrips work differently in Pathfinder. You can cast them as much as you want.

Oh, sick. Thanks. Come to think of it, I hadn't noticed that, though it was right there.

No, just four.

Eh?? 

• Has friends besides tanks now

Did you check out the link I posted? The chart explains Bonus Spells pretty well, imo.

But I had six/day to begin with.

It is four plus my Intelligence modifier is it not? 

• edited 2012-11-09 23:56:21

It's 3, from Table: Sorcerer, plus 1, because your relevant ability modifier, Charisma, is 18. It wasn't actually supposed to be 6/day. A Sorcerer's Intelligence score doesn't determine spells/day, and I don't know where that initial 4 came from. I think you had it that way because that's how the spells were determined in the first place, maybe?

Well what the hell, it was repeatedly explained to me that it was 4 plus 2. :/ 

By who?

Someone should probably review my character sheet then, because I don't know what else is wrong, if anything.

It doesn't look like anything else is wrong.

Also my Charisma modifier is apparently somehow +4.

I'm pretty sure that's not possible. 

• edited 2012-11-10 00:01:44

Why wouldn't it be? If you're halving ([score]-10), that's how it would come out, same as usual.

I mean, Djanain and Thevel have scores at 20.

Okay wait.

Spells/day.

Is determined by the number on the table plus the relevant ability modifier, right? 

• edited 2012-11-10 00:05:56

Not exactly. The ability modifier determines bonus spells, but it's not a straight-up addition of the modifier to spells/day. Again, the charts have it, but for simplicity's sake, I'll just reiterate that you get 1 extra 1st-level spell for a score of 18 (and an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, when you can actually cast spells of those levels).