If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Steam Summer Sale 2012

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That works too.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

The Alan Wake pack just went up as a flash deal.

With that, all my main purchases are over and done with.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

i'd buy it if I could run it D:

There's always the 360 release. More expensive, but if you can't run the PC version, it's worth getting.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I wonder how much I care for Audiosurf and Greed Corp.  I also wonder how much the Day 5 Indie Bundle will cost.

And finally, I wonder whether I should beg people to get me Ys Origin or Ys Oath.

If the pattern holds, then the 5th bundle will be $10 like all the others.
  • edited 2012-07-14 02:04:21
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

That makes sense.  Which might actually make it not all that worthy for its price.

See, of it, I want Audiosurf, Greed Corp, and Ys Oath.

Audiosurf's current price: $2.49 (base price $9.99)

Greed Corp's current price: $2.49 (base price $9.99)

Ys Oath's current price: $5.09 (base price $14.99)

Discount if I get the bundle: ten cents

At which point I might as well offer to trade someone Recettear (base price $19.99, current price $9.99) for Ys Origin (base price $19.99, current price $11.99).

Unless you can convince me that Tiny Bang Story or Gemini Rue is really, really worth it...

...Damn. Bioshock 2 won by less than 1%.

I really wanted Metro, too.

Time to go yell at onyhow for misvoting, like that North Carolina state rep (or state senator?) who misvoted and thus let the legislature override the governor's veto on scrapping a ban on fracking...

• Yeah, I was waiting for Carpe Fulgur to do a thing so I could get Recettear and Fortune Summoners.

LE SCORE.

Wait, they are?

All I can tell is that they have a half-off bundle for all three games together...and all three games are half off themselves anyway.

• Well it's better than the usual ZERO off >:/

That half-off bundle might get discounted more so I'd wait.

• Fair enough.

The vote is now 3 Valve games (Portal 2, Half-Life 2, or Left4Dead 2), I voted L4D because the other two have been on sale already.

Also, Ys: Origin is now a flash deal.

I'll trade you (or anyone else here) Recettear if you can buy me Ys Origin.

I'd help you out Glenn, but I'm over-budget as it is. :(

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'll do it.

How's this work, I just gift it to you, and then you'll send the code, or what?

I have Recettear in my inventory.  You buy it as a gift and save it to your inventory.  Then we go on Steam chat and trade.

• edited 2012-07-14 11:30:13

Well, we just chatted over Steam and it seems he's busy.  So if anyone else wants to do this, I'm still offering Recettear and wanting Ys Origin.  The Ys Origin deal ends in about five and a half hours, so at about 5 PM eastern daylight time.

I could post on a trading forum with this, but I'd rather trade with someone here at IJBM first if you want Recettear.

Looking at the gameplay screenshots, I have a feeling that this is the sort of game that Recettear's dungeon-diving gameplay was based on.

• I actually just bought Recettear yesterday, for $2 more than the current price of Ys. Shows what I get for doing that.

CAPITALISM'D

Well, personally, I would have waited until the last day of the sale, just to see whether it gets discounted to $4.99 (which it was for like two days in 2011, once during each sale).

That said, your money is going to a good cause, supporting an indie localization group in the U.S. and an indie development team in Japan.

Actually, I just remembered, I'll be AFK from like 3:15 to 5:15 PM.

Based on seeing what friends want the game, it seems that IJBMers Firebert, Icalasari, and ninjaclown also want this game.

One of you should speak up for it!

• Ironic that I got a bad deal for a video game about getting good deals...

To be fair, it's a videogame about ripping people off maximizing your profits.  (And being ripped by one of the later NPCs.)

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I actually just bought Recettear yesterday, for $2 more than the current price of Ys. Shows what I get for doing that.

this is why you do not buy games that aren't daily deals or flash sales

• this is why you do not buy games that aren't daily deals or flash sales

Quoted for truth. Now time to tweak my settings for Ys Origin and see what kind of performance I get. I wish my budget allowed me just to gift you the game Glenn.

• edited 2012-07-14 12:50:38

Ehh, don't worry about it; if you wanted Ys Origin for yourself as well, then go enjoy it.

this is why you do not buy games that aren't daily deals or flash sales

Seriously. I should put the Commandments in the OP.