If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Steam Summer Sale 2012

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

You know what's one cool feature of the Steam wishlist?  If you acquire a game via gift or key, the game doesn't come off your wishlist when you get it.  You can keep it on there and use its presence to track its price.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I forget, which S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games were good?

• Fuck my limited amount of money and slow ass laptop.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Got Terraria.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I've heard mixed reports on ARES. Is it any good?

• edited 2012-07-13 13:18:13
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

It's basically Megaman X the PC game. If you like Megaman games, you'll like this. Though the platforming is a little wonky.

• But you never had any to begin with.

From what I've seen of it, it looks really good, but doesn't seem to have as much replay value as a game like that ought to have.

Apparently a level editor is coming out soon, so there's that to look forward to.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Good to know...though now I'm undecided on it...Hmmm...:/

• a little muffled

I bought Terraria and Heroes of Might and Magic V because they were both things that vaguely interested me and were $2.50 apiece.

I don't know if or when I'll play them, I don't even like gaming on PC.

I game almost entirely on PC these days. My parents use the basement my game systems are in so much that I really can't game down there when I want to.

• edited 2012-07-12 17:26:51
    a little muffled

I actually have vaguely similar issues (my brother plays Xbox, like, 24 hours a day) but I still much prefer playing on console to playing on a tiny laptop screen with my hands burning off because lolhplaptopnotmeantforgaming.

Honestly I just don't play video games that much these days.

Ah, yeah. When I had a laptop rather than my awesome homebuilt computer, I mostly stuck to consoles.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I bought The Binding of Isaac too.

An hour and a half left on the Human Revolution discount. Seriously, buy this game if you do not have it.

• a little muffled

I don't want to have a laptop, but moving back and forth between two houses makes it kind of necessary, >_>

An hour and a half left on the Human Revolution discount. Seriously, buy this game if you do not have it.

Quoted for truth and great justice.

• a little muffled

I would, but I can't get more than an hour into the original, so.

What's your problem with the original? They're fairly different in some ways, so your problems might not apply to HR.

• a little muffled

One part I'm terrible at FPS, one part I just can't quite get into it.

Personally, I've had trouble getting into the original too, but I didn't have any problem with HR.

• edited 2012-07-12 17:39:28
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I can see not being good at FPS being a dealbreaker, especially on a laptop, but the second part...well, the first game kinda gets off to a really bad start, which I don't think HR does.

(I know I'm going to have to turn in my Deus Ex fan card for saying this, but I like Human Revolution better, despite it objectively being much more flawed than the original)

• a little muffled

Anyway even if I do get HR I'll probably get the 360 version.

Fair enough.

IMO, the debate system alone makes it one of those games that gamers just ought to own.

• one of those games that gamers just ought to own.

Is one of the most ridiculous phrases I've ever seen.

• edited 2012-07-12 17:43:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, fair enough. I wanted to say "game aficionados," which better conveys what I was talking about, but that looked stupid and pretentious, so I changed it. Probably a bad call >.>

• More like, I just think it's kind of silly to say that everyone who likes some kind of media absolutely has to go and purchase some particular work...  I could understand saying people should, like, try playing it or something... but saying that they have to actually buy a copy of it is a little much.

Well, fair enough. Guess that's bad word choice all around >.>

Still, though, it's worth experiencing.

I don't even know what the heck makes the Deus Ex series so damn desirable.  I hear so much good about it, but I have yet to play even the first installment.  Oh well.

I've been wanting to get ARES for a while, and actually, my earlier purchase of Explodemon was a bit of a mistake in the sense that I actually wanted ARES but Explodemon was on sale and I thought it was similar.  Then again, Explodemon doesn't run smoothly on my computer anyway, though that's a different problem.

That said, not like I can get ARES right now anyway because I can't buy stuff.  Between that and the pointless "achievements", looks like the boring summer sale is well-timed for me to keep my mind focused on other things, such as writing up some music and other stuff I need to do in preparation for starting school again this fall.

I don't even know what the heck makes the Deus Ex series so damn desirable

Excellent level and character progression design allowing for a huge variety of solutions to any in-game problem, coupled with pretty good stories in which you have to decide which of several warring agendas to back to best solve the overall story problem.

Though the best Deus Ex game is probably Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines.