If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2012-06-09 11:05:56

The first Tiger & Bunny movie premieres on September 29th.

And then it'll be another 6+ months before anyone outside Japan can actually watch it.

Waiting is so painful. :c

But more importantly, this is kind of weird and gimmicky.

On a different note, the second season of Oreimo has what might be the worst name for a sequel ever: "Ore no Imouto ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai."  That is... the same thing as the first season, but with a period.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The next episode of Element Hunters that I'll watch, episode 34, will contain big revelations.

Maybe.  Big revelations in this series have always been revealed in small pieces.

• I still haven't started watching that.

I will eventually though.

Maybe.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

but with a period.

Yuru Yuri's second season has musical notes, there is nothing that will ever be worse than that.

Madoka's first two movies premiere in October and if it's anything like UN-GO we'll see them next May. Or Madoka fans will obsess enough and we'll get them early...

• I'm not terribly excited for the Madoka movies, really.  I'll watch them, but the first two are just recaps of the TV series.  And considering Akiyuki Shinbo has pretty much said that the entire point was to get people to watch it that wouldn't watch it on TV early in the morning, I can't imagine there's going to be enough new material to make it worthwhile.  I'm more excited for the third movie, since it'll actually be a new story, but even then I don't think a sequel (or prequel or whatever it'll end up being) is really necessary, so...

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

What DYRE said.

Also, it pisses me off when manga scanners get huffy about online reading sites using their scans and use big watermarks to block out pages. It's such a weird ego drive.

It's also annoying when that scanner is the only game in town.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Ohmigawd I know right?

@DYRE: I think your favorite EH character would be Juno.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^^To be fair, those watermarks are really annoying.

They are, that's my point. It's so stupid. 'Won't read my scans on MY site? Then you won't be able to read them at all!'

• You can change. You can.

fuckers should learn from DCP and minutemen, i tell ya

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Use filthy gaijin teachings one sacred animu? Heresy punishable by being tossed into the hentai pit!
  • You can change. You can.

is the hentai pit a place where rape octopi reside

And the geriatric women with cocks big enough to slay a bear in a single thrust.

• Also, it pisses me off when manga scanners get huffy about online reading sites using their scans and use big watermarks to block out pages. It's such a weird ego drive.

The reasoning is usually that most online manga readers don't properly credit the scanlation group.  However, that's kind of bullshit since nearly every scanlation release includes a credits/advertisement page, and these pages are nearly always present on online readers.

@DYRE: I think your favorite EH character would be Juno.

Well, I can't really make a judgment about that since I can't seem to find descriptions of any of the characters on MAL or AniDB.  Oh well.  I'll find out when I eventually watch the show.

Cutest character design seems to be Hannah Weber, though.

Hannah, surprisingly does NOT have an excruciatingly high-pitched voice.  I fully expected her to, but she doesn't.

She does have other annoying things about her personality, though there's justification for them.

What's EH?

Anyways: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Finally, an adaptation of the PS2 Persona game that wasn't bad!

• edited 2012-06-10 10:59:58

EH = Elementhunters, apparently.

And hush, Persona 4 was great.

At least, if you ignore the 30 hours of the game that you spend walking down identical corridors wishing you'd just get the dungeon over with so you can go back to the fun part of the game.

And that aspect is also present in Persona 3, no?  (not that I've played Persona 3)

Persona 4 had a bad plot and I only liked 2/8ths of the main cast (Rise and... make that one) plus the True End has to be one of the most tacked on things ever.

Persona 3 had a likeable cast and the monotonous dungeons were fun (When you were in the right mood, okay, not at all, but I liked them despite their lack of fun)!

The music in 4 was amazing though.

Yeah, I'm watching Element Hunters right now.

• edited 2012-06-10 12:40:24
    Kichigai birthday!!

As you may have deduced by my new avatar, I just watched Summer Wars.

It was pretty great, both in animation and story, I really liked it.

Also Hanafuda is srs business it seems

Persona 3 had a likeable cast

The fuck no. They were all annoying and broken people with the exemption of Aegis. The whole point of the game was if you still give a shit enough about people and can see the redeeming qualities in the merry fuck ups they are to try to save the world from annihilation instead of just letting it end. 

• edited 2012-06-10 13:43:10
    But you never had any to begin with.

plus the True End has to be one of the most tacked on things ever.

Not when you consider the fact that a Shin Megami Tensei plot without a powerful supernatural being pulling the strings is about as likely as a platforming game without platforms.

• edited 2012-06-10 14:42:50
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Wrong thread

The big problem I have with Steins; gate is how small a window of time you have to answer texts. If you wait a few minutes to finish your conversation with Miss Tsundere redhead then you get to eat shit, Doctor Frankenstein.

^^^I think by-and-large as screwed up as they are the characters were pretty likable. The only one of the main cast I found utterly intolerable was Junpei and he wasn't even a social link. 

I think Persona 4 had a more likable cast on the whole though.

• Kichigai birthday!!

So... wow. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's ending

2DEEP5ME

They were all annoying and broken people with the exemption of Aegis.

Screwups/broken people can't be likeable anymore? I mean in real life I would've put a ten foot pole between us but as characters I really loved them all.

a Shin Megami Tensei plot without a powerful supernatural being pulling the strings

That just makes it sound like they'd forgotten all about it and wrote that part last minute because of that rule.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Screwups/broken people can't be likeable anymore?

Not when they are also annoying.

• edited 2012-06-10 23:46:12
    There is love everywhere, I already know

They weren't annoying...

Except Ken, but he's a kid.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

What one person finds annoying, another may not.