If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> Companies that produce digital media would really be served by checking out Steam's pricing model.

If you're talking about region-neutral pricing, then you mean GOG's.

> Some people are apparently willing to buy 19 copies of the same movie.  This wouldn't happen with digital releases.

Not exactly.  People regularly buy multiple copies of a game on Steam--especially for, though not limited to, multiplayer games.

• edited 2012-08-01 22:41:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

If you're talking about region-neutral pricing, then you mean GOG's.

I was talking more about the sales.

People regularly buy multiple copies of a game on Steam--especially for, though not limited to, multiplayer games.

I don't think there are multiplayer movies, so that wouldn't happen as much >.>

• And when people buy multiple copies of a game on Steam, it's usually because they are planning to give them to  friends or something similar.  When someone buys 100 tickets to the Nanoha A's movie, it's because he wants 100 ticket stubs in his collection.

• Has friends besides tanks now

When someone buys 100 tickets to the Nanoha A's movie, it's because he wants 100 ticket stubs in his collection.

That happened? The buying 19 K-On! movies thing was absurd, but literally a hundred tickets to this movie? What a dick.

That sounds like a hypothetical...but I wouldn't be too surprised if that actually happened.

That said, it might be more like 10 or 20 tickets.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men

What the heck is this?

• edited 2012-08-01 23:00:47

^ A phenomenon that partly explains Japan's low birth rate.

And yes the 100 Nanoha A's tickets thing is (probably) real.  It's on the same site as the 19 K-ON! movies thing, anyway.

Not that that in any way means it's reliable but I don't really doubt it considering that otaku really do do things like that (even if it's not normally that extreme).

• edited 2012-08-01 23:10:47
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...were there other people who wanted to see that movie?

Did that fan buy up their tickets?

As for low birth rates...one entire country's population can't be so easily stereotypable, can it?  Please tell me it can't.

• ...were there other people who wanted to see that movie?

It's Nanoha, so obviously yes.

Did that fan buy up their tickets?

How on Earth would I know?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

As for low birth rates...one entire country's population can't be so easily stereotypable, can it?  Please tell me it can't.

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure the overly crowded cities are also involved.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^That combined with insanely high living costs also discourages having children.

• Did that fan buy up their tickets?

No, because I doubt that the theater playing it sold out 100 times.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

The [C] dub is looking very good.

^ There was a similar thing where some guy bought 20 or so Limited Editions of the Madoka Magica PSP game.

• I wonder if [C] will have a sequel [C++].

• a little muffled

I need to watch the rest of C. I enjoyed the first four episodes but for various reasons had to stop watching and I never got back to it.

I was going to suggest it for the anime club, but given the success of the first one...

• You can change. You can.

Murr. you guys got through Gunbuster yet?

• edited 2012-08-02 00:06:34

Yeah, anime club was a failure.  I'm partly to blame for that, I suppose.  Sorry. :/

As for [C], I thought I was planning on watching this, but then I just looked it up and realized that I was actually thinking of C3.  But then I realized that C3 looks pretty bad and [C] looks like it at least has nice art.

Then again, the last Noitamina series I watched because it had nice art was Black Rock Shooter, so...

^ I actually did finish it, though I don't know if I ever actually posted in the thread about it... >.>

• edited 2012-08-02 00:08:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

Murr. you guys got through Gunbuster yet?

I actually did right around when the thread was still active, I'll have you know. Even though I honestly hated it.

guys go and post the fuck out in there so we can move onto an animu i can actually watch

• edited 2012-08-02 00:10:37
    a little muffled

The problem was everyone lost interest halfway through. Obviously this was largely because you all have terrible taste most people didn't like the show much, but there's no real way to guarantee the same thing won't happen with C or any other show.

Edit: Wait, why are/were you incapable of watching Gunbuster? I dun geddit.

• Has friends besides tanks now

@Nyktos: I could have sworn I was the only person bitching about it to a notable degree. But I also think that I indicated that I had finished it and just not had much to say.

I'm willing to give C a try, whatever it is, though.

couldn't find torrents that worked at all. :(

• edited 2012-08-02 00:14:57

I'm willing to give C a try, whatever it is, though.

C is Yu-Gi-Oh! with economics.  Or something.

• edited 2012-08-02 00:14:13
    a little muffled

@All Nines: You were the only one who seemed to really hate it, but everyone else (who hadn't seen it before) seemed rather indifferent and nobody seemed to really "get into it" except me.

@Juan: Should've asked man.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

^^ Pretty much.

• edited 2012-08-02 00:21:18
    Has friends besides tanks now

C is Yu-Gi-Oh! with economics.

Ooooh yeeeaaaah, I remember seeing it described like that before. And, what the hell, I wouldn't object to watching it if it won the majority vote.

and nobody seemed to really "get into it" except me.

I thought GMH was pretty keen on it.

I asked and got nothing that actually worked from here. Maybe my internet sucks don't know

• a little muffled

If you asked, I missed you asking. Sorry. :(

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Wasn't C a bad show anyhow?

• a little muffled

The first four episodes weren't, at least.