If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

[18:00:40] The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family. Masamune's novel
    [18:00:46] illustrator, pen name "Eromanga", draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed… that his "Eromanga-sensei" is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shoujo manga creator becomes their rival! <~
    [18:00:52] wonderful
    [18:01:24] that sounds like an extremely contrived situation
    [18:01:42] kinda like
    [18:01:43] wait
    [18:01:48] what's the term that people use for adam sandler movies
    [18:01:51] stoner comedies
    [18:02:20] GMH: It truly does.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Singer LiSA will perform the opening theme song of the series. Vocal duo ClariS and the music unit GARNiDELiA will each perform an ending theme song.
    That's Aniplex speak for "Qualidea Code is where all the budget is going next cour".
    Antagonist girl in Gyrozetter drives (what looks vaguely like) Wario's purple car.

At least it's purple and obnoxious-looking.
    The cars in Gyrozetter are based on real vehicles though (the protagonists', at least).

It's funny, I wasn't planning on really sticking with Fairilu long-term but now I'm really looking forward to next (this?) week's episode <_<

Also I never have to wait for subs because there are none ;-;
    Winter 2016 Endings

Aikatsu! Akari Generation - It's finally time to bid farewell to the Starlight girls, and I think the ending was really well done. Episode 177 felt as if they'd worked in a bunch of plots they'd wished they could have had if Akari had 26 more episodes, but it didn't crowd the overall Ichigo/Akari vibe of the whole thing. Also, best Fever Appeal.

Future Card Buddyfight Hundred - I'm sad to part ways Buddyfight on such a... sour note? Especially for a season that began with quite promise (and fripSide). On the bright side, Triple D shows me that if I didn't quit now we'd be parting ways on a super bitter note.

NORN9 Norn+Nonet - Why isn't every Otome game adaptation like this? Just the perfect blend of ridiculous and sappy. Plus the girls weren't crowded over by their harems because it wasn't like a 1-11 ratio (ie UtaPri). Definitely my favorite anime since Ranpo Kitan.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - Even though this show 180d in the middle I'll never forget how great it could be, and I really appreciated the ending (more than the OVA, which felt quite random).

Dimension W - I complained about this show a lot, but it was really good sci-fi and the ending was much better than I expected.

PSO2 - WHY DID I WATCH ALL TWELVE EPISODES OF THIS.

• edited 2016-04-03 14:55:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I want to watch Phantasy Star Online.

The cars in Gyrozetter are based on real vehicles though (the protagonists', at least).

I'm entertained that there's a Prius among them. #environmentalism
    I finished watching Beyond the Boundary.
    it doesn't seem like you liked the ending

it doesn't seem like you liked the ending

I haven't formed an overall opinion of it yet, but I think I enjoyed it.
  • I'd be interested in hearing what you liked about it.
    As a first-order rough thought, I think I liked the music and the characters. I certainly cried for them a few times.

I think the central dynamic of the relationship between Aki and Mirai is key to the story and is well done.

The characters all felt pretty distinctive and memorable. We didn't learn everything about their setting, but we certainly did learn enough to put their conflicts into context.
  • edited 2016-04-06 20:38:08
    A certain line in the first episode works better in the dub than in the sub I think:

sub:
    "But hey, I'm an immortal!  No matter what happens, it's not like I'll die."
    *whispered* "If only you could die."

dub:
    "But hey, I'm an immortal, remember?  No matter what happens, it's not like I'll die."
    *whispered* "Are you sure about that?"

Anyway, I was about to sit down to watch Yuuki Yuuna, except in my head I had music from Beyond the Boundary, so instead I watched that.

The first episode is so much more meaningful (and almost tearful) on rewatch since I know what's going on.
    Apparently I'd run into another Masumi Itou (credited as Nanase Hikari or Nanase Hikaru) series.

She did the soundtrack of Beyond the Boundary, as well as Canaan.
    SoraMeso is the reason I'm never watching a P.A.Works original anime ever again.

I know it's 3Hz but it is really just every P.A.Works original anime after Hanasaku Iroha. Especially the Sort-of Key adaptations.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I watched the first episode of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and I think I'm going to like this. 
  • Apparently I'd run into another Masumi Itou (credited as Nanase Hikari or Nanase Hikaru) series.

She did the soundtrack of Beyond the Boundary, as well as Canaan.

She also did the ED for Umi Monogatari, which I think you watched.

She also did a gazillion songs for other anime and they're all wonderful and perfect also, but yeah.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I loved the first two episodes of Boku no Hero Academia, I loved it to bits. It has hit me on my "Steve Rogers" bias centers in the brain.
    Rewatched the final four episodes of UtaPri Maji Love Revolutions. I thought I'd judged it too harshly the first time round but wasn't willing to go through everything yet.

Turns out I was probably right about some (most) things and wrong about others; QUARTET NIGHT's story is great and fun to watch and they're very well characterized. Problem is they aren't the main characters (allegedly) still, even after being promoted to full-fledged UtaPris (I don't want to say "main cast", but basically that).

The problem is ST☆RISH, who don't get enough screentime around them to make them distinguished characters at all. They resort to having them basically say the same thing in their individual voices over and over (this is really bad in the scene where they performed Thank You, especially since that song is nowhere near the ED B-side level of Yumeoibito e no Symphony, which an arrangement of is used right after).

The show does remember that it picked the Ichinose route in the first season and that Cecil is sort-of secondary to that, but they only get marginally more screentime than the other five guys in the group, and they all basically mesh into irrelevance which resorts in a really one-sided competition with QUARTET NIGHT. There's only four of them, so they can have individual voices and have actual discussions with each other.

I guess the root of all of this is that UtaPri is not a reverse harem this season, it's an idol show with a main character who isn't an idol and so every time they make Haruka try to feel relevant it comes off as just shilling how great Agematsu's composing is (which they do a looooooooooooooot).

So what do they do to solve the fact that ST☆RISH's having seven main guys screws with the dynamic? Add seven more guys obviously (because HE☆VENS just aren't threatening unless there are as many as there are in ST☆RISH?) ! Like the only thing I could think was how much more frustrating it would get (I'm betting next season's CD thing is VS songs and QUARNIGHT will just be left in the dust).

Despite everything, I was really quite inspired by QUARTET NIGHT this season and I enjoyed watching them, but I can't look forward to that for Legend Star because of that so it better really up ST☆RISH's dynamic versus HE☆VENS).
    I haven't yet figured out the logic of the Yuuki Yuuna soundtrack.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any.
    There certainly is; I just need to listen to it a few more times.
  • edited 2016-04-21 20:34:48
    The YuYuYu soundtrack is a little similar to the Lagrin soundtrack in its organizational logic, like, in the dramatic order presented.
  • edited 2016-04-22 00:17:47
    Yuuki Yuusuke. Or maybe Yuuki Kuuga
    Something like this would have helped the actual series.
  • edited 2016-04-22 01:45:19
    ^ Who are those two people?

Some of the weirdness/action tracks in YuYuYu's soundtrack really are just that weird, though.
    YuYuYu soundtrack is a little similar to the Lagrin soundtrack
    This makes so much sense.
  • The other YuYuYu prequel is so much more exciting so far that I am quite certain I'm setting myself up for disappointment.
    Takashima Yuuna
    YuYuYu soundtrack is a little similar to the Lagrin soundtrack
    This makes so much sense.

How so?
    They're both shows that promised me the cool amazing adventures of an all female cast and heavily disappointed.

Though honestly at least LagRin had a universe that made sense and good imagery.
  • edited 2016-04-26 06:50:37
    a universe that made sense

The collective of human subconscious was a beach with three chairs.