If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    you can be gynosexual without liking particular people though
    Haha, looking at the beginning of this thread brings back up the fact that DYRE was once considering whether to watch Muv-Luv Alternative.

Seems like he dropped it, while I ended up watching it.  About 2/3 of it so far.

and hi Waluigi
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    BUNBUN (the creator of the original character designs) is clearly the same person as abec, the artist of the Sword Art Online novels.
    a) CR agrees with me
    b) I am this close to not watching Izetta because of how much this article brings up the connection with SAO people
  • edited 2016-10-01 16:56:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    So @fourteenwings you wanted me to watch Qualidea Code right?

I just watched one ep...not really sure what I just watched.  And perhaps more importantly, I'm not sure how much I enjoyed it.

It seemed to be a bit too much about the characters' personalities and not enough about...either fighting the things or even giving the audience an understanding of their powers.

Apparent main character is sort of an asshole too.  I think I like Asterisk War more -- at least Ayato isn't a jerk.
  • edited 2016-10-01 17:08:25
    No-one's really the main character in Qualidea.
    There's a reason the fighting comes off as a bizarrely minor issue. Not necessarily a good reason, but like, a reason.
    It seemed to be a bit too much about the characters' personalities and
    not enough about...either fighting the things or even giving the
    audience an understanding of their powers.
    Weirdly enough, I'd say this is the best part of the show.
    Apparent main character is sort of an asshole too.
    I don't think he is actually? He's just sort of an idiot. They all are, but I think somehow it pulled off "watch all of these idiots do stuff" well.

Until later, I mean.

Yeah also he's not really main character.
  • I saw the first episode of ViVid Strike despite my disinterest in Nanoha stuff. Can't say I'm against "everybody beats up Carol" as a premise.
  • edited 2016-10-03 17:12:23
    I think this sums up how the Wixoss movie was like:

enough
    I don't think any movie has been as worth the hype this year for me as selector destructed WIXOSS.

It even had good dubstep!
    The theme of discrimination is quite immediately apparent in Cross Ange.

And is that Nana Mizuki singing the insert song and the opening theme?  And also voicing the main character (at least at those moments when she isn't dubbed because I'm watching the dub).
  • edited 2016-10-05 13:22:23
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    a) I mostly know that Cross Ange is Gundam SEED but yuri but also Gundam SEED were Cagalli is MC and Kira is her boyfriend and not her brother.
    b) She practically owned that show.
  • edited 2016-10-05 16:41:37
    > She practically owned that show.

I wonder if I should be more suspicious of blond-haired red-eyed girls.

Anyway I haven't seen Gundam SEED but I am finding Ange to be a surprisingly inspiring character, two episodes in.

As for Qualidea Code I might revisit that when I'm bored.

Also I got rid of my Currently Watching list, all three things that were on it.  I just moved everything to On-Hold, because there's no functional difference.  I'm aware of the series on that list.  If I need something to watch I'll just consult that list instead.
  • edited 2016-10-06 03:38:26
    One episode of ViVid Strike in, I think I like what I am seeing.  It seems to have the potential to be inspiring the way the Nanoha series are.
    Does anyone know if Karin appears in Puzzle & Dragons X?
    How I feel about FLIP FLAPPERS:

Pros:
    • Ridiculously beautiful
    • Evokes a real sense of adventure
    • Nice OP

Cons:

• The first five minutes are dedicated to protagonist saying one thing over and over again
    • Papika made me feel like if I finished this I'd be going back on my word as to why I wasn't watching TRICKSTER (the rando-happy one)
    • Papika is ridiculously dumb and I don't think I believed Cocona's reaction to Pure Illusion
    • Pure Illusion's consistency was dull, I honestly thought when Papika asked Cocona to go to the next bit of it it would magically shift or something
    • It felt like once the sakuga got going they just left it in gear and let it rule the episode until the very end

So... yeah...

• I watched Kiznaiver. It was very moving.
    Two episodes in and I think I appreciate Matoi quite a bit.

Otherwise, I tried watching Tiger Mask W... really not for me :P

Okay this is just not fair.
  • edited 2016-10-13 07:36:40
    Watching some Muv-Luv Alt tonight was a bad idea.

Well, there were two episodes that were sorta putzing around with the harem aspect and semi-awkward because of it.

And then at the end of the second episode I watched tonight, shit was starting to go down.  So I watched some more.

Well, shit hit the fan really hard in that third episode I watched.  It's almost like the shit is still in mid-flight.  I think I need to find something else to think about when going to bed.

On the upside, we get brave/serious Yui again.  As opposed to awkwardly-in-love Yui.  I know I was getting tired of that...
  • edited 2016-10-14 17:24:10
    Finished Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse.

I enjoyed:
    * the military action
    * the conspiracies/betrayals
    I didn't much enjoy:
    * the awkward romance
    * the big-boobies character designs

Takeaway from the series: here are all the different affiliations, roughly in order of appearance.  Spoilers for the story obviously.
    Spoiler:

* the BETA, who are aliens that seem hell-bent on destroying humanity
    * XFJ project, a Japan-affiliated international TSF development project and test flight team
    * USSR, top brass
    * USSR, ground troops (mainly represented by the Zhar battalion)
    * Sandek, nominally affiliated with the USSR, but doing whatever he does because he's Sandek
    * Bao Feng, a Chinese test flight team
    * The Infinities, a US test flight team
    * the Refugee Liberation Front, a paramilitary/terrorist organization, which hates the TSFs because they took money away from Eurasian refugees
    * the Allegiance (a.k.a. the Christian Allegiance?  I think that name was mentioned once), which sees the BETA as servants of God and does not mind them wiping out humanity

Other "affiliations" could also be named, e.g. the US secret BETA research lab and whoever set up the Red Shift.

Ahh, what a difference a couple songs can make.

A few months ago I dismissed Cross Ange as a series I didn't care to watch because the character designs were too fanservicey.

Three episodes -- and one insert song and one theme song -- later, my Music folder now has a subfolder called Cross Ange containing a MIDI and PDF of a piano arrangement of the OP, and I've basically learned the melody of the "Endless Song" (while disagreeing with the official harmonization).
  • edited 2016-10-15 05:39:38
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Songs alone will not sustain an anime (I'm not sure if this is about UtaPri or Symphogear... or Aikatsu! 2nd Season).
  • or Symphogear

But the season you didn't like also had songs you didn't like! Or at least, dubstep remixes you didn't like.
    You're right, actually. Chris' songs really peaked with G, and aside from Maria and Carol I don't really feel like they were distinctive enough (of course we'll always remember the eternal whistling gear but that has nothing to do with this).
    I didn't really like Leon Kuze when he was introduced in Muv-Luv Alt: TE, but he ended up becoming sorta a pretty intriguing character.

Also a really nice line at the end -- "I'm stuck with that asshole whether I like it or not."

Please BROCCOLI, no more UtaPri.
  • I pop in for the hell of it and I see FourteenWings posting a picture of several dozen Bishie boys.

:O
    The most consistent things about me are my inability to watch what I say I will and my inability to not watch bad bishie shows no matter how much they slap me in the face with how little they actually care.
  • edited 2016-10-20 18:20:35
    I think it might just be the artist's interpretation, but this picture of Umi Ryuuzaki (from Magic Knight Rayearth) seems a little oddly reminiscent of Sayaka Miki (from Madoka Magica).

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1158611