If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Plot synopsis of "Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!"

Kazuma Satou, a shut-in and die-hard fan of games, anime, and manga,
    suffers a traffic accident that would bring his disappointingly brief
    life to an end. However, he wakes up and sees a beautiful girl who
    introduces herself as a goddess and says: "Hey, I have some good news:
    would you like to go to an alternate world? You may only bring one thing
    you like with you."

He responds: "So, I`ll bring you." With that, he is transported to
    another world, and his great adventure quest for subjugating the demon
    king begins, but first goes the hard work like finding food, clothing,
    and shelter. Kazuma wants to live in peace, but the goddess raises one
    problem after another, and the demon king`s army has its eyes set on
    him.

So is this literally open world survival fantasy?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    So, not a fan of the english roars on Attack on Kyojin/whatever

hissy pissy bubbling soup pot roars. They silly
  • edited 2016-01-29 07:05:38
    this fighting style is glorious
    This guy's fighting style is glorious.
  • edited 2016-02-06 09:03:22
    I watched Fantasista Doll.

I tried to write a whole review of it here because I feel like I have a lot of feelings about this show because I got sort of into it for some reason but then I realized I can't write so I will just say this instead:

It's really mediocre. It's superficially cute but story just doesn't really work or feel satisfying and battles are pretty bad.

It being not very good isn't really unexpected, but I feel emotionally invested in it for some reason that is surely stupid, and so it is kind of disappointing.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Was going to watch Fantasista Doll but then was going to watch Divine Gate but then Z/X but then Love Live! so clearly the solution was just to continue Dimension W.

I don't think my actual problem with the series was addressed (even though episode 3 was basically about Mira when Elizabeth shows up later on she has more characterization than Mira in like ten minutes) but I really like the way the worldbuilding ended up going with W being the basis for "Okay so this is a scenario that usually won't fly with a sci-fi audience... let's do it!".

Also I really have no idea what actually happened in the fourth and fifth episodes at all but it was a fun ride.

Otherwise; Aikatsu! had the best episode (because Akari finally performed START DASH SENSATION, I was starting to get antsy but it's nice for her most important Premium Rare episode so far to mirror her first ever Premium Rare episode where she performed Du-Du-Wa DO IT!!) and PSO2 possibly went places?

Aaaaand finally NORN9 had it's crack episode and it ended up being... even more insanely developed than usual? I really want this show to just keep building on it's quality but I cannot trust otome adaptations like at all.
    So Madoka and Rin performed Friend.

Wow the CG has really, really improved.

Also, apparently Aikatsu! might reboot after 4th Season and become AIKATSU☆STARS! (like the group). It will be so hard to mention it if that happens.
  • edited 2016-02-15 20:23:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well there's always seven different things all called THE iDOLM@STER.  The song is especially irritating to search for.

As is the song whose title is "i".
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    what happened to Higurashi
    Say what you will about Guilty Crown overall, but that intro -- or more specifically, the song (and that searchlight) are really moving.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Supercell is a great band, But not even their character design  can salvage it.
    supercell have wonderful style (and I guess okay taste if you limit them to the thirty minutes of cencoroll or every Wooser season) but never give them anything over 1 cour (and it should be shorts) ever again.

Also, they gave us yanaginagi (and ryo really composed lots of great Monogatari EDs).

*Also not to be *that guy* (but exactly that) when we talk about supercell we're mostly just talking about ryo (unlike fripSide where you'd at least be talking about nao or Nanjo Yoshino).
    I still maintain that Shu's and Inori's relationship was rather boring as far as what turned out to be interesting in Guilty Crown.  And in general, Inori just isn't that interesting of a character.  Perhaps she'd be more interesting if you think she's hot, or something.
    I like inori's design, but Shu's relationship with her is all there is to her. Ayase is my favorite female character by the end.
    vandro wrote: »
    I like inori's design, but Shu's relationship with her is all there is to her. Ayase is my favorite female character by the end.

I wish Ayase got to be the main character.
  • supercell have wonderful style (and I guess okay taste if you limit them to the thirty minutes of cencoroll or every Wooser season) but never give them anything over 1 cour (and it should be shorts) ever again.

I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to actually mean but fwiw Psycho-Pass was good and also I liked hearing its EDs every week.

*Also not to be *that guy* (but
    exactly that) when we talk about supercell we're mostly just talking
    about ryo (unlike fripSide where you'd at least be talking about nao or
    Nanjo Yoshino).

huke's part of Supercell and I like BRS's character designs, so... something.
    I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to actually mean but fwiw
    Psycho-Pass was good and also I liked hearing its EDs every week.
    I meant in the sense of them have creative input (ie the original Wooser manga was written by one of the people who works with supercell and I'm pretty ryo worked on the original Cencoroll concept).
    Inori just isn't that interesting of a character.
    Inori was Asuna from SAO if all there was to Asuna was the ALO arc.

Looking back I have no idea how I took more than one cour of that. Seriously, I went for a year post watching GC just hating Inori (then again a lot of my hate comes from how the final episode treated her).

Oh also since we're talking about it, if anybody's looking to blow a few hundred bucks the Guilty Crown BD box is coming out soon.

Alsox2 Of course Shu was Kaji Yuki.

Alsox3 I can't believe all this has done is make me want to rewatch Guilty Crown D:<
  • edited 2016-02-19 06:50:49

Oh also since we're talking about it, if anybody's looking to blow a few hundred bucks the Guilty Crown BD box is coming out soon.

Naaaaah.

I feel like they could have done some interesting things with the series, and the various parts of the premise, but instead, the premise was sloppily handled and nearly incoherent.

At least Ayase is pretty cool.

Also, apparently Ayase has a surname, but not Tsugumi.
  • edited 2016-02-19 13:26:04
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I am in love with NORN9. It's not perfect, but it's as near perfect as any otome adaptation will probably get.

Also

Speaking of, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime has really cemented it's pacing in the second half. Worthy BD buy even (if there weren't 12 of them <_<).
    Only thing worth it of GC is the singles and OST
    And the Inori figma~

Every time I think I'm going to quit Buddyfight it just pulls me back in with false promises of Monsters that are also Impacts.
    And the Inori figma~

Every time I think I'm going to quit Buddyfight it just pulls me back in with false promises of Monsters that are also Impacts.

NO WE MUST FIGHT BACK AGAINST THIS BY NOT BUYING FIGURINES OF BORING CHARACTERS and then they make a cute series and fourteenwings buys all of them
    Aikatsu! is getting a reboot! With a new MC supported by not Ichigo, not Aoi, not Ran and not Kii!

The new Aikatsu! Cards aren't PriTickets at all! And the new IC Cards are definitely in no way Tomochike shaped!

(jk i am dying of excitement right now)
    Apparently Sawashiro Miyuki was like 1/4th of Lady Jewelpet including (young?) Cayenne and Levin. In fact at least 50% of all scenes involving adults talking to each other were just her.
  • edited 2016-02-26 06:18:30
    What?!  I have to get to episode 7 for Satori to appear?
    ?
    ?

Gyrozetter.
  • edited 2016-02-26 07:22:24
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Oh.

Meanwhile:

• edited 2016-02-26 08:35:37
    I started watching Mai-Otome. 

Arika

Some of the changes in character are just strange. 

Mashiro

But at least one feels strangely right.

Haruka

• What?!  I have to get to episode 7 for Satori to appear?

I think she's actually also not really in her own introduction episode very much, so it's more like episode 8.