If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    I have entered a stage in my life where Aoi Shouta and Sato Takuya being in the same picture is the ultimate crossover.
  • Mai Otome OP
    Hmm, I wonder who this could possibly be.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Sign number n+1 that I don't belong in the anime fandom:

I think that Arpeggio of Blue Steel is a very, very good recent series, but no one else seems to give a crap about it.
  • edited 2016-02-29 03:17:33
    Gakuten-oh is back
    Well this was more familiar than anything I expected to see.
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    Mai Otome OP
    Hmm, I wonder who this could possibly be.

Oh my, is it someone we're familiar with from the companion series?
  • edited 2016-02-29 05:39:48
    Otome included a trailer for Mai-HiME Rebellion Story. This will probably never happen.
    I think that Arpeggio of Blue Steel is a very, very good recent series, but no one else seems to give a crap about it.

Arpeggio was great and I can't wait to see Ars Cadenza. It's also quite the big deal in the Japanese fandom.

Also I'm pretty sure there are fans hiding somewhere.
  • edited 2016-03-01 16:41:51
    Mai-Otome episode 12 was surely the best one so far. And definitely the most HiME episode.
    [Railgun]

Still kinda amused at how Uiharu's ability is only revealed late in the series, and has nothing to do with her very prominent headband of flowers.  Despite being questioned about that.

Also, thank goodness Kuroko can serious-mode, when she stops joking around with Misaka.

And I guess they all go on surname basis or something.  Mikoto, Kuroko, Ruiko, and Kazari seem to be rather seldom used to refer to them; they're usually Misaka, Shirai, Saten, and Uiharu.

My two fave characters are still Saten and Uiharu.
  • I finished My-OtsuHiME Mai-Otome. I complained about Kagutsuchi not appearing enough on HiME but Otome is even worse in showing off the main character's powers. Arika spends way too much of the show being unable and/or having no need to use her sapphire outfit.
    Somehow I managed to finish this way faster than either time I watched HiME despite the earlier parts having even less going on. But the last quarter or so felt more packed, if only for having too many new outfits show up. Including one type that gives the ability to turn into a jetplane.
    The "real princess" plot bugs me because nobody brings up the concept of family resemblance when the issue is which girl is whose biological kid.
    Anyway, as a HiME followup it's a little weird whenever Miyu is around and the connections feel a little too strong for something so removed from the previous series in setting.
    Is Mai-HiME/Mai-Otome actually good for anything other than dramatic scenes, fanservice, and some Yuki Kajiura music?
    So they're both shows about girls with magical powers that have strange and deadly catches relating to people close to them?
  • edited 2016-03-07 09:56:53
    The catch works a little different in Otome since it requires a ritual and also connects their senses instead of just automatically linking the source of their powers to whoever they really care about. 
    Also, the Garderobe staff and student equipment actually has different limitations since they're tied to a system in the school area rather than a different person for each Otome.
    Funny thing is, the closest to the previous show's HiME-Child system would be what the villains use. Although the monster dying just gets the "owner" killed instead of a love interest.
  • I have spent way too much time making webms from the Otome sequel OVA.
    Come to notice it, I wonder if Sky Girls got its finishing moves from that Delta formation thing.

In any case, I still find it silly that transformations always have that last "and pose!" moment.
    And since we're talking the Mai series.

Gyrozetter's Satori Miwa basically looks like Natsuki with red glasses.
  • edited 2016-03-12 06:40:23
    Otome no Inori
    So after the Otome series and OVAs, I am suddenly back in HiME's setting. Huh. 
    This was actually pretty emotional.
    Buddyfight is being weird right now.

It
    makes me wonder why they still have Gao as protagonist next season if
    they aren't even going to let him save the world
    this season (he's
    been petrified like some kind of sidechara whilst the former villain
    saves the world).

Episode 49 preview shows the Ikazuchi battle continuing and I doubt Gao will be back until episode 50 at least. Episode 50 just happens to be the last episode of Hundred but who's counting.

I've seen the footage from Triple D showing him being protagonist with the new Buddy monster who will never, ever replace Drum in my heart so yeah, not too sensible.

Meanwhile Ikazuchi v Yamigedo A HUNDRED CARD DECK FIGHT (At one point somebody literally says "That's double the amount of cards in a normal deck! :O")
  • edited 2016-03-15 20:17:51
    I read Mai-HiME EXA, that really compressed AU story. 
    It seems somebody decided that the best way to make it shorter was to remove nearly all traces of non-dark things.
    The ending does not have everyone turning out mostly okay.
    ROFLMAO

> Satori wants to find the factory using her device's GPS

> picture shows South American location
    > next picture shows Nazca Lines in Perú
    I kinda think that Beyond the Boundary (Kyoukai no Kanata) would have better pacing if it had 24 episodes instead of 12.
    I don't think it's fair to blame pacing on the number of episodes a thing has anymore, given there was only like one Kyoukan novel to begin with and lots of LN anime adapt one novel in like four episodes quite well (it's mostly the contents fault that makes LN anime... LN anime).
    I don't think it's fair to blame pacing on the number of episodes a thing has anymore, given there was only like one Kyoukan novel to begin with and lots of LN anime adapt one novel in like four episodes quite well (it's mostly the contents fault that makes LN anime... LN anime).

Well I guess if the original had sudden shifts of character, then it's not the anime series's fault.
  • Four episodes into Yuuki Yuuna and there is an odd lack of heroism despite the show's full title. There hasn't been any civilian rescuing scenes and the setup with how the team is immediately stuck into the barrier world actively prevents any chance of that, and the stuff about the fights affecting the "normal" world is just really vague as if they don't want the viewers to care about collateral damage. I can't say there's much heroism with the characters either, considering the most goody-good of them specifically decided to do this to save her friends rather than out of a sense of indiscriminate altruism. And that scene was kind of weak anyway since there's not much suspense when it comes to whether or not a main character will survive in the first episode.
    Even more blatantly "subversive" superhero shows at least seem to have a better grasp at the idea, and that bugs me.
    Kamen Rider Ryuki episode 3
    I actually plan on watching Yuuki Yuuna. Please do not spoil it! ^_^
    "Tales of Zestria The X"

Are they finally done with naming every video game adaptation "The Animation"?

Legitimate concern though; It's by ufotable, so it'll surely start in Summer 2016 and be finished in Winter 2020.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I haven't finished Tales of Zestria, but I don't see what put it up for adaptation. I'm wondering what they hope to accomplish.

The relationship between JRPGs and anime continues to grow stranger. 
  • I guess I picked a great time to think about My-HiME again. I'm starting to wonder if the noughties never truly left.
    I'm wondering what they hope to accomplish.
    selling 7 entire BDs?

I'm thinking this is a passion-slash-visibility project for the series.

Meanwhile

MAJI LOVE LEGEND STAR

LEGEND STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR