If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• ^Except for Pokemon Rumble Blast and a few apps.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I used to be huge on Pokémon but fell off the boat after gen 2.

• I have no interest in Pokemon.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I'm stupid. I meant DS back there
  • "So I was playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, and I jumped like seven levels after one mission."

That's pretty normal at lower levels.

I was just playing for the first time in months. Finally unlocked Krogan Battlemaster; charging into combat laughing and smashing things with your bare hands never gets old.
  • I don't think I can go through another day of this internship without having a breakdown.

• edited 2012-08-17 19:39:17
    smote

^

• Thanks, I needed that.

Also:

I used to be huge on Pokémon but fell off the boat after gen 2.

This. Though I've also played gen 3 for a short while. Oh, and Touhou Puppet Play.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

All of you are heathens who need to play Gen 5 :|

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

All of you are heathens who need to play Gen 5 :|

Gen V isn't as good as Heartgold/Soulsilver

I mean, it's good, but it removed some of the best stuff that was in HG/SS.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yeah, but it also removed some of the more annoying gameplay elements (long, involved grinding, mostly). Heart Gold is better, but harder to get into if you don't like that stuff.

That's true. The new experience mechanic is one of the best engine changes the series has had.

• edited 2012-08-17 20:11:23
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Gen 5 also has a lot more powerful Pokemon readily available to the players, from the outset. I mean, the three starters are powerful in their own right, but along the way, you find Pokemon like Darumaka, who are huge powerhouses in their own right, and most of the gift Pokemon, like the Fossils, are damn strong. Other powerful Pokemon, like Drilburr, are not hidden and hard to get.

It also introduces the game mechanics in a way that is very easy to get. I mean, the first Gym literally shows you how type advantages work, and forces you to master them before you can move on.

‘Do you want a regular vanilla relationship with no kinky fuckery at all?’ My mouth drops open.

‘Kinky fuckery?’ I squeak … My inner goddess is down on bended knee with her hands clasped in supplication begging me.  ‘I like your kinky fuckery,’ I whisper.

Have some 50 Shades of Grey, people. (No lies, this is a passage directly quoted from the book.)

New experience mechanic?

Pokemon gain more experience when they're lower-leveled than opponents, and start to gain less and less EXP as they grow more and more overleveled.

They also give you a Lucky Egg, which increases the EXP you gain per battle, and introduced a Pokemon called Audino, which is found in shaking grass. Shaking grass is found by running near a patch of grass, but not in it- eventually, the grass starts shaking. Audinos give significantly more EXP than regular Pokemon.

Pokemon gain more experience when they're lower-leveled than opponents, and start to gain less and less EXP as they grow more and more overleveled.

Ooh, that is nice.

It probably would have been better if they had balanced the game better to accomodate that.

Other powerful Pokemon, like Drilburr, are not hidden and hard to get.

Allegedly. I ran into one by accident while looking for a Woobat. I then spent like an hour trying to find a Woobat. I think my RNG might be fucked.

Not hidden, and not hard to get.

Oh. That would make more sense.

Still, how the hell did it take me an hour to find a damn Woobat?

Bad luck.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The fun of taking pokemons to level one-hundred! It's gone! /actually loves grinding.

Getting to 100 would probably actually be harder, since you get less XP for facing a Pokèmon below your Pokè2mon's level.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

That's what I was despairing about.

• No rainbow star

Facing a Level 100 Blissey with a level 1 Erratic experience group Pokemon from a foreign game holding a Lucky Egg while Experience ^^^ or better is active will level it all the way up to level 87

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    No lies, this is a passage directly quoted from the book.)

okay

i have to read this

that is like self parody only it's completely serious and it's wonderful

“My heartbeat has picked up, and my medulla oblongata has neglected to fire any synapses to make me breathe.”

“ ‘I’m a sadist, Ana. I like to whip little brown-haired girls like you because you all look like the crack whore—my birth mother …” He runs a hand through his hair and almost smiles but instead sighs ruefully. ‘I’m talking about the heavy shit, Anastasia. You should see what I can do with a cane or a cat.’ ”

more direct quotes

• edited 2012-08-17 21:13:44
    smote

^^ It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

• You screwed up that link, @Bastion