If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's more exploitable in spots, but if you play the game as intended, it has significantly more bullshit.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I didn't know you were in Alabama.

Anyway, I just finished my Dark Souls review. Will post it tomorrow.

Is that game hard?

I read this as:

I didn't know you were in Alabama.

Is that game hard?

yes

that game is extremely hard

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I think Demon's Souls is more difficult than Dark Souls.

That said, I've completed Demon's Souls twice and Dark Souls never (although I have two characters sitting right before the final boss). I think a significant part of it may be the structural differences. Most worlds in Demon's Souls really only have two stages, because the third boss of an area directly follows the second. So if you can walk through that entire fucking swamp in the Valley of Defilement, Astraea and Garl are chump change.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I never played Demon's Souls, I just wasn't interested. While Dark Souls did interest me.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I watched an LP of Demon's Souls and it looked rather boring (though that was mostly the Lper's fault). That, and IJBM constantly talking about it, put me off of Dark Souls for a long time.

• a little muffled

One day I will play Dark Souls. Well, more than the first half hour of it, that is. I got the game for Christmas and my brother's beaten it like four times but I just can't get into it.

Probably I will never play Demon's Souls because I don't have a PS3 lol.

• You can change. You can.

I will probably play either/or once I get paid and finally fix the PS3 around this week.

I just can't get into it.

You might want to check out the mini-article I'm posting this week. It's basically a Dark Souls survival guide for new players.

• You can change. You can.

Speaking of blogs, Malk, Alk, Krack and Juack just made a blog about comics, to no one's surprise. We'll be posting at http://apanelaboutpanels.tumblr.com/ for the ones who want to follow us. 

• a little muffled

@ClockworkUniverse: Eh, I'll probably read it, but a survival guide is not what I need. It's not that I was dying too much and ragequit or something; I just...basically, when I say I "didn't get into" a game, what that usually means is, I played the game for a bit, I stopped playing the game because it was dinner or I was tired or I felt like doing something else, and then I just didn't feel like picking it up again.

Oh, okay then.

How far did you get?

• a little muffled

I got out of the asylum three times (months apart). I didn't get much farther than that any of them.

Yeah, as a general rule, the tutorial is the least interesting part of any game. I do recommend playing more at some point. It's quite a good game, and you won't find anything else quite like it (not even Demon's Souls delivers everything Dark Souls does).

• a little muffled

No, but see, it's not that I'm bored by the tutorial. I enjoyed playing every time, I just didn't get the urge to pick it back up after I stopped. I have this problem often with games, especially console games as it's somewhat inconvenient to play them (they aren't in my room which is where I spend most of my time at home, and my brother is often playing).

/Oh./

Yeah, I do that a lot myself. Dragon's Dogma is my latest victim.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I enjoyed playing every time, I just didn't get the urge to pick it back up after I stopped. I have this problem often with games

I know that feel, bro.

One funny thing is that it's like putting something on my "now playing" list on Backloggery is a great way to get myself to stop playing it.

• No rainbow star

Has anybody tried making a virtual pet site using HTML5? Seems like it should be easy (relatively speaking)

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Oh, meant to make a post about this earlier, but I forgot.

Finally saw Carousel at the Goodspeed.  I didn't really like it.  I think the message of the play was supposed to be something like "you have to take the bad with the good in a relationship," but it sort of came off as "hey, domestic abuse is pretty ok"?  The guy who played the male lead was actually really good and charismatic and everything, but I kind of hated the character even though I'm pretty sure I was supposed to sympathize with him.  

Also, the female lead was kind of bland and I never really bought anything she did.

also it kind of dragged and there was this weird ballet interlude with hald naked guys in leather that were supposed to be horses? it was weird

everybody else seems to love it but whatevs

• edited 2012-08-17 03:41:31

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I have fallen victim to the curse of homebrewing stuff for TRPG's again; I wish to run a campaign :(

But I have work, which occupies me during five of the seven days I could actually run it :(

• Definitely not gay.

IJAM: Despite not being Pokemon-based, most members of this site are at least slightly interested in Pokemon.

• Can we have a dog themed spinoff site? "It Just Pugs Me"?
  • So I was playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, and I jumped like seven levels after one mission.

It felt...weird.

Also, that said.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

GANGNAM STYLE

-rides invisible horse into the sunset-

• No rainbow star
    ^^^^ That is weird...
  • Definitely not gay.
    ^^^^ That is weird...

People who ain't interested in Pokemon at all:

• nohaynicklibre

• Juan

• fourteenwings

• Waltzy

That's...all I know of so far.

Wow.

• ^I'm not really interested in Pokemon.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Hey, I'm interested in Pokémon. It's just that I haven't played anything past gen 3 because I don't have a 3DS
  • edited 2012-08-17 14:39:30
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Um...There hasn't been a Pokèmon game that requires a 3DS released yet.