If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-08-14 21:36:43

Also:

Due to the weightlessness of plasma

and the strong gyroscopic effect generated by it, lightsabers required a great deal of strength and dexterity to wield

Umm...

• Due to the weightlessness of plasma

Well, they're not called heavysabers.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Doesn't seem like a typo so much as something that doesn't make any sense at all.

• Day 3: Monitoring the sleeping quarters again, this time it's a tad more exciting with barfers, dudes sneaking into the dudette section, fellow monitors who are too weak to fight the sleep, fresh couples who decide to occupy the showers in the middle of the night only to come whining to us that the water's cold, and a slag with vocal chords in her nose that keeps trying to sneak out to smoke. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to torment these cretins with grindcore at wakey-wakey time.

• Happy Birthday!

• You can change. You can.

Happy birthday good ol' Nyk.

• Heppy burfday, Nyktos.

In other news which you may or may not care about: my mom and I bought the tickets for my trip today. I am officially going to be in London from September 9th to the 17th. (And I'll be stopping in Toronto on the way there and back!)

I am ridiculously excited.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I've been doing work experience for two weeks now.

In fact, I just started doing New Kids on the Book today. That's... a sort of storytime thing we do with little kids, preschoolers. Babies and toddlers, mostly- I think the oldest kid there was three.

It's actually kinda fun. We started off by singing some songs, which we also acted out- The jack in the box jumps up, up up! The jack in the box jumps down, down, down! Then, we moved on to action rhymes. Here, two little kids climbed onto my lap, and we started calling out the words to 'round and round the garden'- and then I tickled them, hehehe.

Then we moved on to the basket thing, which ridiculously overexcites the kids for some reason. We start off with a little song- 'What's in the basket, what could it be? What's in the basket, let's look and see!'- and then the kids get to crowd around, open it, and take the stuff out. Today, we had plastic eggs with some beads inside it, so you picked them up and shook them. Then we had another rhyme, where you're supposed to put fingers on parts of your body- 'Put your fingers on your nose, on your nose'- only we swapped 'fingers' for 'eggs'. 'Put your eggs on your ears, on your ears! Put your eggs on your ears, on your ears! Put your eggs on your ears, keep them there for years, put your eggs on your ears, on your ears!'

Then we pulled out a bunch of stickers, and all the little kids crowded around us to get stickers on the back of their hands. For the kids that had been singing along with us, I gave them an extra sticker each, and for all the kids who were reading books before it started, I gave them another sticker saying 'Great!'. One little girl wanted her stickers on her nose, so I put them on her nose and she ran around yelling 'I have stickers on my nose!' and then she tackle-hugged my leg.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

WMG: Nova is secretly Waltzy. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

That's a terrible guess.

I'm clearly INUH.

No, I just help run Storytime/New Kids on the Book, which are the children-oriented activities.

I also have to dress up as a bear next week.

• They're somethin' else.

Happy birthday, Nyktos.

• edited 2012-08-15 03:58:10
    a little muffled

Man, being up at four in the morning when I'm going to Montreal tomorrow seems like a bad plan.

Also, thanks for continued happy birthdays, etc.

• edited 2012-08-15 04:03:00
    brb

going to the hospital

for sugar poisoning

damn you nova
  • They're somethin' else.

Oh, I forgot. I also found out that I am no good at tip-toeing around.

• You can change. You can.

Oh also speaking of Fan Bat-Movies

have a webseries about steph brown kicking ass

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Is it subtitled, " DC why don't you still love us? We still love you, albeit in the same way a battered spouse loves their abuser"
  • Sorry I'm late, but happy birthday Nyktos. Just remember not to drink next time you're in the U.S. within the next ~2 years. 

So, anyway, I think more songs should find ways to rhyme the frequently used word "regrets" with the much-less-frequently used "Egrets". Yeah. Also, "sunova/sunuva" should become a commonly accepted and used semi-profanity, without "-gun" or "-bitch" on the end. These things have been on my mind a lot. This is what I think about instead of major world problems and issues. This and coming up with ridiculous alternate lyrics for War's 1972 song "The Cisco Kid".

(Tone of post should be read as an even simultaneous split between joking and serious)

• No rainbow star
    Happy no idea how late birthday, Nyktos!
  • a little muffled

I am now on a bus headed to Montreal and three hours into the trip the wi-fi is finally working!

Also thanks for the late birthday wishes lol.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-08-15 14:51:34
    Whelp, got dropped from my history class. I didn't remember that my classes started that early.

Really hot on my campus.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

^ Ouch.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Sometimes, different schools within a university have different start dates for their classes--for example, a law school might start earlier.

Is that what happened?

• I believe so. I thought classes wouldn't start until September rather than mid-August.

Still made it in time for the music classes though.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I just realized that my computer chair sounds pretty cool when I hit it with drumsticks. Maybe I'll put a little pretend drum cover up on vocaroo tomorrow.

• edited 2012-08-16 00:51:21
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Actually getting more work done on my RPG. About time.

Finished the armor rules. Just need to stat out some weapons and I think it will be playtestable (though laughably incomplete; it doesn't have magic yet, and as a result, at least one stat does nothing at this point).

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

lol my college has a limit on how many times you can bone.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

...Wut.