If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So I'm going through old school stuff.  There's this small stack from a class I wanted to take in college (a.k.a. university).  Has a few things, such as syllabus and course info, notes, a couple problem sets, and an exam.  They date from Spring 2006, and I've clearly written on them.

Then at the back of the stack...suddenly, a syllabus from Spring 2007, and a problem set from then too.

I know I dropped it after taking it briefly.  Did I really do that twice??

• Has friends besides tanks now

Bluh. Why is it that I can't take a smidgen of tough love over the Internet without my arms getting all weird on me and curling my fingers?

• edited 2012-07-26 00:06:03
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

My folder of "stuff from classes i once tried to take but dropped" has grown so large that it has upgraded to a binder.

• edited 2012-07-26 00:08:20
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ We've been over this.

-lol borked imaeg-
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^I'm seeing a no hotlinking image.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    fuckin

it was a picture of kenshiro from fist of the north star
  • Whee, leaving tomorrow for a family gathering over in Puyallup, WA.  I'm likely going to have limited internet access until monday so don't start any drama. 

• No rainbow star

^ You can't tell me what to do >:|

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Psst!  Let's start drama involving a delta-value of 534 over the weekend!

• So, I got back from the Zelda concert.

Man, what a great way to spend a Wednesday night.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

It's kind of frustrating when a female you're attracted to is in a poorly-defined interaction with a good friend which is not dating but still not at a level where you're sure courtship is douchey.

Or it would be, if what my friend told me is true. Yeah, it's totally my friend that has these problems.

• You can change. You can.

ugh there needs to be a cheaper and comfier way of listening to music that doesn't involve my ears feeling like they've been fucked by a 20 foot long dick jesus

seriously, fuck earbuds.

• Earbuds are awful, yeah.

What's worse is that these shitty Skullcandy earbuds I have right now are actually more comfortable than any of the last few pairs of headphones/earbuds/whatever I've been using.  And they still feel awful.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Get headphones.

• No rainbow star

Stupid iPhone wiped my tabs a few days ago, causing me to lose the url of a webcomic I was going to read >.>

You know how fucking hard it is to find a webcomic where the main character is a Mudkip? God damn meme >.>

• You can change. You can.

Get headphones.

had those

but then they blew up

i'm a motherfucking black hole for technology

• No rainbow star

^ I'm imagining them literally blowing up on your head, and smoke rising from your charred head

IJBM: my parents making me go to bed way before I'm tired.

IJAM: smartphones.
  • You're a grown man, you should tell them to respect your rights as an adult.

• Stupid iPhone wiped my tabs a few days ago, causing me to lose the url of a webcomic I was going to read >.>

You know how fucking hard it is to find a webcomic where the main character is a Mudkip? God damn meme >.>

Guess you're having trouble keeping tabs on it.

^^I'd really rather not be homeless.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

They'd kick you out for asserting yourself? All I can say is get out of there as soon as possible.

Probably not for that specifically, but if I pissed them off enough they probably would, so I try to keep the scales tipped in the other direction.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Complain about problems about human interaction

>complaints about technology afterwards

I shouldn't find this so comforting

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Article on the tradeoffs inherent in the switch away from 35mm film to digital. It's a little problematic in how it conflates somewhat disparate concerns with each other, but still interesting.

• They're somethin' else.

Oh fucking gross.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

nope.avi

• edited 2012-07-26 04:30:53
    They're somethin' else.

Every indie movie ever:
    >Guy finds girl
    >Guy loses girl over something that he makes beyond his control, like being an unrepentant social retard
    >Guy wins girl back because apparently she's a social retard too
    > End credits after the two brat twentysomethings (or teens or whatver, they all look the same anyway) slobber over each other

Only this has fur suits. And Cho Aniki bullshit disney-eye'd drawings. And some gross-ass animation piece.

Someone actually put in effort, hard work and a straight face into making this.

just why

EDIT: and every jackass that worked on this will have to put this on their resume

hahahahahahahahaha

• No rainbow star

I lasted about a minute, only because I was stunned a bit by the fursuit

A film starting with opening up a box that has a fursuit can't end well

• No rainbow star

^^^^^

This is such a ridiculous argument. Film's look is not suppose to be perfect and our brains respond to imperfection a lot more than we do for crisp clean look that digital yields. That adds to illusion that we pay to go see in a theater. The debate on whether or not film is better than digital or vice versa is like arguing water color or oil painting. Except in this case, we're dealing with commerce. That said, nothing, and I mean NOTHING equates to the look of film. We all have lived with it for years and can sense when something is "off". Digital is "too clean". And this whole nonsense about resolution, clean clear picture blah blah blah...completely moot. The craft of making motion pictures is no longer in the hands of people who care what is presented. Only that they get people to come out. A digital projection is a cheat. You're selling people their own t.v. sets and calling it an event. Meanwhile, tickets haven't changed to reflect that. The studio is treating audiences like children who can't collectively take a stand for quality. We think it's as empty as fast food (made more apparent that food sponsors tattoo their brand on movies, and has even incorporated themselves into storylines). People wonder why we're broke. Because we're already quality bankrupt. I work on the biggest movies in Hollywood (which I know for a fact, my eyes have gone through more recent blockbusters than the people who've commented on this site. yeah, arrogant, but I'd like for you to know where I'm coming from). I wish I could tell you which ones, so I could tell you which ones have stupidly leapt off the digital cliff without a parachute and are paying dearly now vs. the ones shot on film that traipse along nicely. Guess which crew looks like a well oiled machine. Guess which one stumbles and bumbles around like a drunk in the dark.

Why does this guy sound like people who complain about how music sounds crappy unless it is a specific format listened to with very expensive cables, when the difference is so negligible that unless you have some sort of super sensitive bat hearing, you'd never be able to tell the difference?