If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Congrats Everest. 

• You can change. You can.

you know what's a thing in korra fic

semenbending

(I suffered it so you suffer with me. :|)

• Just woke up...again.

• @Juan: At least it's not a fic about urine fetishists.

(Get THAT image out of your head, haha!)

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^,^^^ Fuck both of you.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    well, that's one way to do birth control I guess

gaaaaaah don't give me ideas

(Get THAT image out of your head, haha!)

i'll just like

watch the fantastic four make galactus their bitch.

heal my wounds, sue!

• edited 2012-06-04 13:54:59

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it in this thread according to the site rules, so I won't... but "semen bending" makes me think of the Takashi Murakami sculpture "My Lonesome Cowboy".

• Ok.

Really fid not need to hear about that.

Anyone up for a derail that doesn't involve bodily fluids?

*searches*

why

• So, how about them comics?

I don't own many of them, just Marvels as a notable one and that's it.
  • edited 2012-06-04 14:04:54

I love how the forced derail just happened to coincide with the page break.

• I did that simply so I didn't have to look at... that anymore.
  • It wasn't really that shocking so

In any case, re:comics...  I would love to read non-Japanese comics (because color, and text bubbles that are actually shaped for horizontal text), but I don't know of any that would interest me and I really have no clue where to start looking so... yeah

• edited 2012-06-04 14:57:08
    Loser

Taking what I had here to its own thread.

• Sometimes I wonder if I should get into comics, myself. The medium appeals to me and I'm sure there's some series out there I'd enjoy, but I never bothered to seek any out...

• @Last page:

I don't own many of them, just Marvels as a notable one and that's it.

Have you read Kingdom Come? It's illustrated by the same guy, but the story's more apocalyptic.

• I have not. But it look and sound interesting, yes.
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    Hey comic curious folks - about where to start.

Short answer - wherever you want.

Long answer - I have a comic recommendation thread on Ijbm (under the old Crake name) give me an idea of what kind of fiction you like and me and the othe comic wonks will try to think of suggestions for you.
  • Oh right yeah that thread.

Will probably post in it at some point.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Yesterday was the first time I played a Rugby match, it was cool.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Hey comic curious folks - about where to start.

Short answer - wherever you want.

That's true, but speaking as someone who got into comics in the last month, if one's seeking a particularly good jumping on point, there are places that are better than others. But short of "the middle of a story arc," I'm not sure there are inherently bad jumping-on points.

• edited 2012-06-04 16:36:01
    Has friends besides tanks now

Spent the last twenty or so minutes listing the albums on my iPod by priority.

Also, the dachshund's home, and he's doing much better. Lost three pounds, though, and his ribs are very identifiable.

Right, this derail interests me so.

I had a bigger wall of text here, but I think the best way to do this is that you give me a character or a genre and I give recommendations based on what I know.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I feel like this is probably the easiest way to get an idea, since I've felt kinda bad about my ignorance of Western comics for a while.

Spider-Man.

• edited 2012-06-04 17:50:10
    You can change. You can.

Easily, Avenging Spider-Man. It's current so it's not hard to find and it's pretty much "The Brave and the Bold" but with Spider-Man. 

Plus:

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

It's 'Spider-man teams up with someone each issue' so it's a good primer for the Marvel Universe and it's only about seven issues in so there's no archivre binge.

Repeating what I said with fancier words and typos won't earn ya any favours!

• edited 2012-06-04 17:56:12
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I've been meaning to check that one out myself. Just got a bunch of birthday money, so I'll probably do that soon.

EDIT: it's a bit overpriced, but meh. People keep telling me it's good, so that will only matter if it's not.

• Incidentally, I just started reading the Megaman comic and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  But of course that's mostly because I like Megaman a lot, so I can't really say that I'd want to read other things that are similar...

As it turns out, I actually don't know what I'd want to read at all.  Huh.