If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I thought you were maybe twenty-one. Early twenties, not just a year and a month older than me.

• You can change. You can.

For the same reason people keep thinking I'm in the realm of 20-30. Because you're wise beyond your years relatively articulate.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Unlike me, who often does silly things like type in lowercaps.

Also:

I smiled. 'What did you bring me?' I teased gently.
    She smiled and thrust her hand forward. Something gleaned in the moonlight. 'A key,' she said proudly, pressing it on me.
    I took it. It had a pleasing weight in my hand. 'It's very nice,' I said. 'What does it unlock?'
    'The moon,' she said, her expression grave.

I think there might be more to Auri. :| 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Very likely, though I'm not entirely sure it's going in that specific direction.

Unlike me, who often does silly things like type in lowercaps.

yeah i mean i never do that because that's stupid and immature.

just like you, my dearest dorky dork

you're the dork :< and i clearly have the superior insults

Very likely, though I'm not entirely sure it's going in that specific direction.

I can think of one of two directions this could be taken in.

Either the key is the key to one of the Doors of Stone, or... what were Taborlin's things?

His cloak of many colours, his staff.... Ah, that's right; his three tools- key, coin and candle. And I'm sure that Auri has, at this point, given Kvothe both a key and a candle. I'm not sure if she's given him a coin yet.

• edited 2012-06-03 02:33:23
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Why do people think I'm old? T_T

Because you're a font of wisdom and clear-mindedness.

Also, happy birthday. 

Okay, Auri has given him a coin. That's key, coin and candle.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Happy birthday, INUH!

^^Huh. And we know she already knew Elodin, right?

@Everyone who said "happy birthday:" Thanks! :D

We know she knew Elodin, but we don't know if Elodin knew her at the time. She mentions seeing Elodin at one point early in the books.

I thought Elodin recognized her when he met her in the second book. Though I could be wrong; I kinda blew through each book in under 24 hours. I need to give them both a deeper reread.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Happy birthday, INUH!
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

I thought Elodin recognized her when he met her in the second book. Though I could be wrong; I kinda blew through each book in under 24 hours. I need to give them both a deeper reread.

He did. However, we don't know when they met; they could have met between the two books.

True.

Also, something that strikes me about the Cthae: It's influence is necessarily limited, as Chronicler points out at the end of the second book.

It may indeed be able to wreak a lot of havoc with its' words, but there is only so far the words can influence someone. After that, the Cthae really needs to be able to influence people to make sure nothing can go right.

• edited 2012-06-03 10:15:15
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, when you really consider its capabilities, all it can really do is take every single thing it could possibly say, examine the futures those lead to, and pick the worst one. Which in some cases can be really devastating, but depending on the person, it might not always actually make a huge difference in the long run, especially if free will exists in the setting.

Kindle fire get :D
  • Kichigai birthday!!

Happy birthday INUH, but I think I'm a bit late on that

Thanks!

So, turns out the Kindle Fire doesn't recognize the text field on this site T_T

• edited 2012-06-03 12:49:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ah, nevermind, the mobile site works. Meaning there's actually something it's better for. Weird.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I kind of assume everyone here is younger than me. I thought you were around 18 so...

I was when I started posting here.
  • Discussions of age are depressing to me. I'm like three years older than I should be...

I always find it crazy (and cool) how divided Colombia is until the World Cup Elimination Tournaments begin. 

• edited 2012-06-03 22:17:05
    No rainbow star

I'm 20 :D

And I just learned that copying past panels is a great way to get proportions right in a comic (as in using them as guidelines)

• I'm 21.

But you guys knew that already.
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    Yo. An upgrade at my phone company came up and I got an iPhone. Internet is a bit weird on it. IRC is just a headache. Still it is pretty nifty and when I get some apps and games it should be fun.

Also Ghost Trick is a hoot. The murder machine timing Puzzle is annoying though.