If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I love all the comedy bits in the beach end. It's just the really forced epiphanies at the end of the episode that make me cringe.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    okay, the ember island players was officially glorious
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

no lie, "The Beach" is probably the worst episode of the third season, because gah that dialogue

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

that dialogue

how can you say that after azula talks about chen's sharp outfit

• edited 2012-06-01 21:12:12
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

hey forzare

agree? [Y/Y]

Y

i was laughing so hard that i had to pause the episode

The best part is the look of pure orgasmic joy on real!Toph's face.

Sozin's Comet time?

Sozin's Comet time.

I like to imagine Toph got the drop on so many fire nation soldiers because they were expecting a screaming Macho Man Randy Savage to attack them.

• And were they wrong?

also, this conversation inspired me to watch Boiling Rock Part 2 again. So good.

I'm now picturing Toph screaming 'Snap into a slim jim!' in the cutesy-yet-badass voice.

• "I am not Toph, I am Slim Jim Lord!" 

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So that was Avatar: The Last Airbender. Like I said when I finished the first season, before I started I was pretty skeptical of all the hype. But holy shit I love Avatar now.

The setting was really interesting. The characters were stupid likeable. It was funny. It was emotional. The action was pretty holy-shit cool.

I mean, it's not perfect, but it's flaws are mostly stuff that I could look past. There was a lot filler, for one - though most filler episodes had at least some nice world-building or character moments or comedy.

Aang's spirit-bending was pretty much a Deus ex machina - but I did feel like it fit within the context of the setting, so I can live with it. I do wish it had some more buildup or foreshadowing or whatever.

The war scenes were cool, but there was kind of a weird disconnect with me when they weren't really allowed to show death in battle - but since it is still a kid's show that aired on Nick, I can't really hold that against it. And it was refreshing to see a kid's show that would actually acknowledge death.

I think Zuko probably should have joined Team Avatar a little sooner - the last few episodes between the eclipse and the finale seemed kind of like The Zuko Show With Some Other People, and I think it would have benefitted to have the Zuko field trips spaced out a bit.

They did a pretty good job of keeping the drama and the comedy mostly Seperate, but occasionally there'd be some jarring slapstick or a dumb joke in the middle of a fight and kind of kill the tension.

But overall, yeah, loved it loved it loved it. I won't go so far as to say its the best show I've seen, but I think I might be able to say that it's the overall best western cartoon I've seen.

so

korra time now

i guess

I hated the asspull but I do like seeing a pacifist character being told to kill someone and then going 'no, fuck you.'

Also that feel when you're up past midnight DLing Avengers episodes and arguing over which Avengers the SOS Brigade members would be on tumblr.

• You can change. You can.

Also that feel when you're up past midnight DLing Avengers episodes and arguing over which Avengers the SOS Brigade members would be on tumblr.

you mean best feel, right

Indeed.

Speaking of, I should watch Nightmare In Red. Even if it involves...ew...Rulk.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Rereading The Name of the Wind now.

Considering certain things said in the first part of the book, I'm going to bet that Denna's patron is one of the Chandrian, and Kvothe has to kill her to get the Chandrian. This is probably what sets the war in motion at the end of the book, too.

• edited 2012-06-02 06:44:39
    Diet NEET

http://www.bootdog.com/hankies.html (probably NSFW)

The daily dose of oversexed lulz. Wonder what a magician's knot of handkerchiefs would stand for.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

holy shit

it's so obvious now

elodin is taborlin

how did i not come up with this theory before

So watched Nightmare in Red. It was pretty cool to finally see Banner after about a season and a half of...not seeing Banner.

• Kichigai birthday!!

So here's a list of the movies/things I plan to watch this summer. You'll notice they are all animated:

• Akira

• Eve no Jikan

• Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

• Paprika

• Perfect Blue

• The place promised in our early days

• Summer Wars

• Princess Mononoke

• Tekkon Kinkreet

• Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

• Dead Leaves

• Watership Down

• The Secret of N.I.M.H

• The Secret of Kells

• American Pop

• Heavy Metal

• Cats don't dance

• The Brave Little Toaster

• Asterix and the vikings

Phew... that's quite a long list

• edited 2012-06-02 10:29:25

Of those, I have only seen Akira, Paprika, and The Secret of N.I.M.H.

And 10 minutes of Dead Leaves before I couldn't take it anymore.

EDIT: Oh, and half of Princess Mononoke, I guess.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Man, I forgot that Cats Don't Dance even existed. Not a particularly original movie, but damn it's so well-animated I didn't even care.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    @Nova: I'm not sure about the first theory there. Wouldn't there be signs? As for the second...quite likely, though I thought the taborlin story was really old.

@Nohay: Eve no jikan is really good.
  • MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-02 11:17:07

"Final Fantasy presents an alternate reality where Kurt Cobain went to Bondage clown college."

>Heavy Metal

prepare for cheesy boobs tiem, child

• Kichigai birthday!!
    My body is ready

the question is whether their body is ready, if you catch my drift

(no i have no idea what my drift is)

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

This evening, I got a Bleach fanboy to watch Evangelion.

mwwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I approve by default.